Nov 21 2010
By: ladybug17 I Only Post Everything 718 posts

Free item glitch?

8 replies 12 views Edited Nov 21, 2010

This may seem kinda pointless but I'm curious anyway. Sorry if it seems dumb lol.

I'll do my best to describe this, it's kind of difficult. In Central Plaza, there's that little circular dip to the left after you enter from main entrance. It has steps and such in circle shape, made of pavement. If you are on the dance floor facing out it's to the right, near the grass. There's no point  to it other than looks I suppose.

But anyway, about a month ago I was running over to the dance floor, and this little thing popped up when I ran through that area. It was like when you play a game and it pops up so you can click 'x' to play. This pop up said "Virtual Item Reward', but when I click on it, it tells me the game is occupied. It was right after a Thursday update so I thought nothing of it.  I was just going to try again later, but I forgot about it.

Few days ago I noticed it again, again it said game was occupied. This thing only appears when I am in that circle, and disappears when I pass the edge of it. I don't know if anyone else has this problem - I think it's just a glitch but I am just curious what  it's about. It now happens everytime I check.

Ty for any help.

Message 1 of 9 (12 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
938 posts

Re: Free item glitch?

Nov 21, 2010

I believe its reminents from previous items that were there before. They just left some of it there for some reason.

Photobucket

Message 2 of 9 (12 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
718 posts

Nov 21, 2010

Dang. I was hoping for a free item. T-T.

Message 3 of 9 (12 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
938 posts

Nov 21, 2010

lol, nope sorry

Photobucket

Message 4 of 9 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1881 posts

Nov 21, 2010

I still have yet to see this myself.  Kinda just seems like a lazy placeholder incase they wanna put a game back there (wasn't that a spot during the make.believe event? Or was it just the bigger circle by the big doors?)... kinda like they just reused the turk.....i mean scion.... err what are we chasing now?

Message 5 of 9 (12 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Nov 21, 2010

I never seen anything like that nor experienced this.

They Gave You Life, In Return You Gave Them Hell
 photo AngelsLimitCHARMSIG2_zpsf9410dc8.jpg
Message 6 of 9 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4834 posts

Nov 21, 2010

DevilishBoredom wrote:

I still have yet to see this myself.  Kinda just seems like a lazy placeholder incase they wanna put a game back there (wasn't that a spot during the make.believe event? Or was it just the bigger circle by the big doors?)... kinda like they just reused the turk.....i mean scion.... err what are we chasing now?

It's just remnants of what use to be. I virtual plug if you will for what may come later. A socket from a previous feature. To see it, exit your Harbor Studio and run to the middle of the shallow circle just before Listen@Home and stand there for a few seconds. 

Message 7 of 9 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1551 posts

Nov 21, 2010

ladybug17 wrote:

This may seem kinda pointless but I'm curious anyway. Sorry if it seems dumb lol.

I'll do my best to describe this, it's kind of difficult. In Central Plaza, there's that little circular dip to the left after you enter from main entrance. It has steps and such in circle shape, made of pavement. If you are on the dance floor facing out it's to the right, near the grass. There's no point  to it other than looks I suppose.

But anyway, about a month ago I was running over to the dance floor, and this little thing popped up when I ran through that area. It was like when you play a game and it pops up so you can click 'x' to play. This pop up said "Virtual Item Reward', but when I click on it, it tells me the game is occupied. It was right after a Thursday update so I thought nothing of it.  I was just going to try again later, but I forgot about it.

Few days ago I noticed it again, again it said game was occupied. This thing only appears when I am in that circle, and disappears when I pass the edge of it. I don't know if anyone else has this problem - I think it's just a glitch but I am just curious what  it's about. It now happens everytime I check.

Ty for any help.

Put this link in your OP if you want to show them pictures of what you're talking about, Ladybug. http://boardsus.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home-General/Ghost
-Item-in-Plaza/m-p/46303334

Message 8 of 9 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
57 posts

Nov 21, 2010
I saw this problem myself lastnight. Its almost like its some sort left over code that has sort of mutated to create this. That or the update's haven't been removing any of the old backup files etc..... and as a result this has become a side effect.
Message 9 of 9 (12 Views)
0 Likes