Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Welcoming Committee
9135 posts

Re: Free Gift Machine Items

Jun 26, 2013
Hopper the Gift Shop has a gift machine (its packed there though). If you want in on a secret, go to Dream Central and use the one there. There isnt a soul there and its working pretty well.
Support Forums
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 32 (526 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2259 posts

Jun 26, 2013

ok, I went to Dream Central and didnt even see a gift machine there. I'll have to look again if I decide to bother myself with it anymore. Thx.

http://www.yourpshome.net/f2/
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 32 (521 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
9135 posts

Jun 26, 2013
Its the green thing. Looks like a spinning green giftbox.
Support Forums
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 32 (505 Views)
Survivor
1604 posts

Jun 26, 2013

I missed that these were going to be gift machine items. Now I have mixed feelings -- cool gesture, but what a pain to use that machine for this many items.

Home will be gone some day, but we don't know when. I intend to enjoy it as long as I can. I hope you do, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 32 (498 Views)
Wastelander
631 posts

Jun 26, 2013

YogoGamer wrote:
Anton, could you send me the mechajet? and ill send you one?

OK, Awesome! Give me some time as I still have a few hours more to get out of work.

Antonio Xul
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 32 (473 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2259 posts

Jun 26, 2013

smokingpistol wrote:
Its the green thing. Looks like a spinning green giftbox.

I appreciate it--I did find it there, but it was no better. Probably just overloaded, insufficient Home servers as usual. No worries.

http://www.yourpshome.net/f2/
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 32 (472 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
9135 posts

Jun 26, 2013
Early Wednesday jitters. Home servers/LKWD cant handle all the traffic, Im having issues too. Later in the evening will be better.
Support Forums
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 32 (463 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
590 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 26, 2013

The machine is REALLY acting up today. I don't think I've ever seen it this slow... I went to my private boat to use the machine there because typically it's more stable there, but WOW. Also tried it at Lockwood Venue, slow as heck there as well. It like loads the opening screen for a minute, then loads each page of items for another minute, then loads the item for a minute. Then sending the item takes like atleast two minutes. ONE ITEM. AND A LOT OF FRIENDS I'D LIKE TO GIFT. What a let down, lol. I'll have to try early tomorrow. ~Sigh~

Oh, and if you accidentally press left or right to switch items, you have to wait another minute to reload the previous items' info, lol.

There's some cute boots in there under new, btw. Just had to add that.

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 32 (462 Views)
Lockwood Developer
50 posts

Jun 27, 2013

Apologies for the Gift Machine's slowness, it's currently running at 100% capacity and we literally can't do anything to improve it.

The good news is that after doing some extensive testing myself, I didn't find a single gift that wouldn't send eventually. Some gifts took me 4-5 attempts to send, but everything eventually sent.

The key is patience. If it doesn't work, just try again. To improve your chances of success, only send to one person at a time and use a built-in Gift Machine, such as this one from our Dream Central public space:

DreamCentral_GM.jpg

Also, check out our Gift Machine troubleshooter >> here <<

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 32 (368 Views)
Lockwood Developer
50 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 27, 2013

UPDATE:

Hi all,

The combined traffic of the 2013 E3 Booth and our free Gift Machine items promotion has proven too much for the servers to handle. Gift Machine traffic was at a record-breaking high last night, resulting in a slow and frustrating time for many of you. As a result of this we've decided to postpone the promotion until next week, July 3rd, when the E3 space will be removed from Home. This will hopefully give everyone a better gifting experience overall, and on the plus side, you'll get an extra couple of days out of it! But ultimately, we're really sorry to have to do this :smileysad:

TL;DR - Free gifts next week instead (SORRY!)

Kind regards,
Tim

Also... >> *DISTRACTION!* <<

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 32 (339 Views)