Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Uncharted Territory
1608 posts

Re: Foul language making it through the censors?

Aug 21, 2009

GAMERASSASSIN124 wrote:
You can still report them for verbal abuse because their still breaking the terms of agreement that they agreed to.
Sorry to nitpick, but it's text abuse. I don't want anyone to get confused. 

Carpe diem post crastinum

Get your Portable ID!
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 29 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5016 posts

Aug 21, 2009
before i got my ps3 i use to play on pogo.com alot - on there chat filter was an option - should be the same here

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 29 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1348 posts

Aug 21, 2009

PEDROdawg wrote:
The "S" word? "F" word? What word specifically, cause the "S" word can "come through." You just need to replace some characters.

I have once typed the F word to my friend in my house and was purely a joke and 100% NON offensive. But anyways it went through... I think it was because it was all capital, or mabye it never went through, and it jus looked like it did for me, cause i typed it... idk which one...

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 29 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1608 posts

Aug 21, 2009

DTHCND wrote:

PEDROdawg wrote:
The "S" word? "F" word? What word specifically, cause the "S" word can "come through." You just need to replace some characters.

I have once typed the F word to my friend in my house and was purely a joke and 100% NON offensive. But anyways it went through... I think it was because it was all capital, or mabye it never went through, and it jus looked like it did for me, cause i typed it... idk which one...

It doesn't censor it for you. 

Get your Portable ID!
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 29 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
657 posts

Aug 21, 2009

two points:

1) Good refereeing/enforcement ensures a clean game/environment. I learned this back when I played soccer. Good refs means nobody gets angry takes it personal and throws real punches. Bad referees that miss fouls consistently drive up frustration and then the retribution and escalation begins.

2) I know of at least two other methods of getting by the censorship that I won't elaborate here. The casual use of some of Carlin's 7 words isn't shocking/upsetting to me and I let it pass. The casual use of racist language really surprised me and I report it consistently when I see it.

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 29 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1348 posts

Aug 21, 2009

Ryyan wrote:

DTHCND wrote:

PEDROdawg wrote:

Oh LoL... Oh and btw they do not censor S*** do they? I know they used to, but do they still do?

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 29 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1608 posts

Aug 21, 2009

DTHCND wrote:

Ryyan wrote:

DTHCND wrote:

PEDROdawg wrote:

Oh LoL... Oh and btw they do not censor S*** do they? I know they used to, but do they still do?

Yes, they do censor it.

Get your Portable ID!
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 29 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
390 posts

Aug 21, 2009

lil_heartbreaker wrote:
submit report > userid > verbal abuse > submit

target player > select ignor > problem solved ( ignor removes their text bubble so who cares what they say from then on)

not to say that your idea isn't good either just another option

Follow me on Twitter! @GtaShark

(TEN COMMANDMENTS) The real reason that we can't have the Ten Commandments in a Courthouse? You cannot post "Thou Shalt Not Steal," "Thou Shalt Not Commit Adultery" and "Thou Shall Not Lie" in a building full of lawyers, judges and politicians...It creates a hostile work environment. "George Carlin"
Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 29 (0 Views)
Lombax Warrior
149 posts

Aug 21, 2009

GTA_dude wrote:

target player > select ignor > problem solved ( ignor removes their text bubble so who cares what they say from then on)

not to say that your idea isn't good either just another option

BEST OPTION!!!!! If the person that its directed towards gets offended, one report should be enough since im sure the text log is reviewed by a moderator. Stop eavesdropping and just ignore them if you don't wanna read the profanity. Getting people banned is not cool.

If the way you play the game is the way you live your life you should have some Platinum trophies.
houdrummer Trophy Card
Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 29 (0 Views)
0 Likes