Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Sackboy
Registered: 09/28/2006
Offline
449 posts
 

Re: For all of u who are happy they signed up for Home...

Apr 29, 2007
normally i wouldn't ask this sense i felt theres 7 pages of speculation anywase i figure why not...
 
 
         How many people that received email invites actually post on this board ? ( just a guess like 30% )
 
 
    -I've been glued to the boards since i got mine -              i just have this feeling as if 300k is way off   30k sounds to high
 
 
                              + i love the price is rite +                id say not more than 5k ...logically it dosent fit ,they needed 15k rite!
 
  however if they did send out 15k i dont see how so many people on here didn't get a invite


Message Edited by Delmarion on 04-28-2007 07:21 PM
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 71 of 77 (13 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/25/2003
Offline
5659 posts
 

Re: For all of u who are happy they signed up for Home...

Apr 29, 2007


wrote:


SoMeOnE!!! wrote:


wrote:


bigdaddytim wrote:


DaRtH_LiCkWiD wrote:


bigdaddytim wrote:


DA-GOAT wrote:
I don't even know how u would get invited over to home for a beta test, and wth is GAP?


they are both picked at random from the mass of population on these boards...



Keyword being ..Random..I do not know why everyone is gettin all bent out of shape..Imagine if we all knew what the winning lotto numbers were? Wouldn't be much fun huh :smileytongue:


exactly... this is the way they have alway done it, it is the fairest way to try and get everyone to beta test a single game..


I disagree, I think they pick ppl that have shown some kind of loyalty RECENTLY.  stuff like how often you log into you PSN ID, how often you're gaming, how often you visited that betatrial website...

I'm sure they would not pick "randomly". Otherwise you will get ppl who don't even care much about the product and would not give valuable feedback relating to bugs, etc.  Might be SOME random picks, but for the most part the invitations are sent to individuals who meet certain criteria i'm sure.


i think this is unfair because you could be a huge playstation fan but not have a lot of free time.  i got into gap because one day i just felt like registering all my games, and my playstation 2.  then they sent me a gap invite and i update my games now everytime i get something new. 


It is not unfair.  Just because you're a huge fan does not make you a good beta tester.  If you do not have alot of free time...then you WON'T make a good beta tester, because beta testing requires alot of time regardless of how much you love sony.


your not accually a beta tester , your just taking part in the beta , betas on systems ussally just test out how the severs hold the stress of having ppl on it.  while the bugs , gameplay is tested in house by paid beta testers:smileywink:.
Image hosting by Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 72 of 77 (13 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 04/16/2006
Offline
1003 posts
 

Re: For all of u who are happy they signed up for Home...

Apr 29, 2007


nlong2 wrote:
How do you know how many people signed up?





that's what i wanna know lol
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Please use plain text.
Message 73 of 77 (13 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 01/12/2007
Offline
216 posts
 

Re: For all of u who are happy they signed up for Home...

Apr 29, 2007


abercrombieco2 wrote:
your not accually a beta tester , your just taking part in the beta , betas on systems ussally just test out how the severs hold the stress of having ppl on it.  while the bugs , gameplay is tested in house by paid beta testers:smileywink:.


Stress tests are done seperately from Betas generally.  In this case, it is a closed beta - meaning they are invinting a restricted number of people to test.

Yes, they also pay internal people to test.  They have probably allowed the employees to invite their friends and family in as well already.  These are standard things to do.  They are now getting a larger group of testers.  They want you to run around and try things out.  They want you to report any errors they find.  Your purpose is NOT just to see how the servers hold the stress of having people on it.  Rather, they are looking for things their professional testers might not have thought of.  They are looking for things they can do to improve the server.  They are looking for any and all possible problems in gameplay.  The reason they invite large random groups of volunteers is to catch the "Well, I jumped three times, sat down, turned left, and whistled - then the whole system crashed" errors.  Things that most of us think "Forget how to fix it - why would you ever do that?".

Those who were invited are actual beta testers and they should think of themselves as that.  The sign up pages said as much if you actually read them.


Please use plain text.
Message 74 of 77 (13 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 11/06/2003
Offline
3082 posts
 

Re: For all of u who are happy they signed up for Home...

Apr 30, 2007


abercrombieco2 wrote:


wrote:


SoMeOnE!!! wrote:


wrote:


bigdaddytim wrote:


DaRtH_LiCkWiD wrote:


bigdaddytim wrote:


DA-GOAT wrote:
I don't even know how u would get invited over to home for a beta test, and wth is GAP?


they are both picked at random from the mass of population on these boards...



Keyword being ..Random..I do not know why everyone is gettin all bent out of shape..Imagine if we all knew what the winning lotto numbers were? Wouldn't be much fun huh :smileytongue:


exactly... this is the way they have alway done it, it is the fairest way to try and get everyone to beta test a single game..


I disagree, I think they pick ppl that have shown some kind of loyalty RECENTLY.  stuff like how often you log into you PSN ID, how often you're gaming, how often you visited that betatrial website...

I'm sure they would not pick "randomly". Otherwise you will get ppl who don't even care much about the product and would not give valuable feedback relating to bugs, etc.  Might be SOME random picks, but for the most part the invitations are sent to individuals who meet certain criteria i'm sure.


i think this is unfair because you could be a huge playstation fan but not have a lot of free time.  i got into gap because one day i just felt like registering all my games, and my playstation 2.  then they sent me a gap invite and i update my games now everytime i get something new. 


It is not unfair.  Just because you're a huge fan does not make you a good beta tester.  If you do not have alot of free time...then you WON'T make a good beta tester, because beta testing requires alot of time regardless of how much you love sony.


your not accually a beta tester , your just taking part in the beta , betas on systems ussally just test out how the severs hold the stress of having ppl on it.  while the bugs , gameplay is tested in house by paid beta testers:smileywink:.


Regardless, Sony invites people because they want them to log into Home as much as possible.  If you don't have time to login to Home alot, then you should not take part in the Beta and are better off just getting Home in October.
Please use plain text.
Message 75 of 77 (13 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/25/2003
Offline
5659 posts
 

Re: For all of u who are happy they signed up for Home...

Apr 30, 2007


ArmofJustice wrote:


abercrombieco2 wrote:
your not accually a beta tester , your just taking part in the beta , betas on systems ussally just test out how the severs hold the stress of having ppl on it.  while the bugs , gameplay is tested in house by paid beta testers:smileywink:.


Stress tests are done seperately from Betas generally.  In this case, it is a closed beta - meaning they are invinting a restricted number of people to test.

Yes, they also pay internal people to test.  They have probably allowed the employees to invite their friends and family in as well already.  These are standard things to do.  They are now getting a larger group of testers.  They want you to run around and try things out.  They want you to report any errors they find.  Your purpose is NOT just to see how the servers hold the stress of having people on it.  Rather, they are looking for things their professional testers might not have thought of.  They are looking for things they can do to improve the server.  They are looking for any and all possible problems in gameplay.  The reason they invite large random groups of volunteers is to catch the "Well, I jumped three times, sat down, turned left, and whistled - then the whole system crashed" errors.  Things that most of us think "Forget how to fix it - why would you ever do that?".

Those who were invited are actual beta testers and they should think of themselves as that.  The sign up pages said as much if you actually read them.




i have " beta tested" before, there not looking for your opinons on what should be changed or added into this. 
Image hosting by Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 76 of 77 (13 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 11/18/2003
Online
3025 posts
 

Re: For all of u who are happy they signed up for Home...

Apr 30, 2007


ajitxx wrote:
Over millions of people signed up for HOME today, and remember that only 15,000 people get accepted. That is a very small portion of that. You would have to be lucky to be one of the HOME testers. Also, the companies that signed up for HOME are in the 15,000 people too. So, don't get your hopes up for HOME anythime soon. Anyways, I didn't get to sign up in time anyways, so i feel relieved.



quit acting like a sore loser, jesus.
AA sig
Please use plain text.
Message 77 of 77 (13 Views)
Reply
0 Likes