Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Uncharted Territory
1853 posts

Re: For all of u who are happy they signed up for Home...

Apr 27, 2007
i didnt get the mail i think its because im not 18
Please use plain text.
Message 51 of 77 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
157 posts

Apr 27, 2007
Ok, sorry i said "millions" in my first post, i was being sarcastic. I meant hundreds of thousands (not sarcastic). They had to have sent at least 300 thousand invites. And remember that 15,000 people out of that is still a very small portion. do the math.
PSN ID: Ajitxx
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 52 of 77 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
519 posts

Apr 27, 2007

ajitxx wrote:
Ok, sorry i said "millions" in my first post, i was being sarcastic. I meant hundreds of thousands (not sarcastic). They had to have sent at least 300 thousand invites. And remember that 15,000 people out of that is still a very small portion. do the math.

It's good to know that gamers like yourself were invited to participate in the Home Beta
_-_-_-_-_My Betas_-_-_-_-_-_

Warhawk (closed)
Resistance 2 (closed)
Socom: Confrontation (open)
LittleBigPlanet (closed)
Killzone 2 (closed)
MAG (closed)
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (closed)
Modnation Racers (closed)
Medal of Honor (closed)
Dead Space 2 (closed)
Please use plain text.
Message 53 of 77 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3082 posts

Apr 27, 2007

SoMeOnE!!! wrote:

wrote:

bigdaddytim wrote:

DaRtH_LiCkWiD wrote:

bigdaddytim wrote:

DA-GOAT wrote:
I don't even know how u would get invited over to home for a beta test, and wth is GAP?

they are both picked at random from the mass of population on these boards...

Keyword being ..Random..I do not know why everyone is gettin all bent out of shape..Imagine if we all knew what the winning lotto numbers were? Wouldn't be much fun huh :smileytongue:

exactly... this is the way they have alway done it, it is the fairest way to try and get everyone to beta test a single game..

I disagree, I think they pick ppl that have shown some kind of loyalty RECENTLY.  stuff like how often you log into you PSN ID, how often you're gaming, how often you visited that betatrial website...

I'm sure they would not pick "randomly". Otherwise you will get ppl who don't even care much about the product and would not give valuable feedback relating to bugs, etc.  Might be SOME random picks, but for the most part the invitations are sent to individuals who meet certain criteria i'm sure.

i think this is unfair because you could be a huge playstation fan but not have a lot of free time.  i got into gap because one day i just felt like registering all my games, and my playstation 2.  then they sent me a gap invite and i update my games now everytime i get something new. 

It is not unfair.  Just because you're a huge fan does not make you a good beta tester.  If you do not have alot of free time...then you WON'T make a good beta tester, because beta testing requires alot of time regardless of how much you love sony.
Please use plain text.
Message 54 of 77 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1555 posts

Apr 28, 2007
i highly doubt millions signed up
User
Please use plain text.
Message 55 of 77 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2311 posts

Apr 28, 2007
are you talking about how many of the survey with the sign up now or how many got them
Please use plain text.
Message 56 of 77 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10840 posts

Apr 28, 2007

ajitxx wrote:

Again- I doubt Sony would send out more invites than they had available spots. I bet they sent out 15,000 on the dot... The reason why everyone who signs up won't get in is because there are going to be people who don't meet the requirements (age, no broadband, don't own a PS3 etc....)

Message Edited by garnett215 on 04-27-2007 08:56 PM

Please use plain text.
Message 57 of 77 (6 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1128 posts

Apr 28, 2007

ajitxx wrote:
Over millions of people signed up for HOME today, and remember that only 15,000 people get accepted. That is a very small portion of that. You would have to be lucky to be one of the HOME testers. Also, the companies that signed up for HOME are in the 15,000 people too. So, don't get your hopes up for HOME anythime soon. Anyways, I didn't get to sign up in time anyways, so i feel relieved.

All i wanna know is.. why do you have to say home with all caps all the time? that's incredibly annoying.
Being popular is like being in a crowded elevator... You're just a fart away from being hated.

Proud GAP Member!!
Please use plain text.
Message 58 of 77 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Rux
Treasure Hunter
5135 posts

Apr 28, 2007

blazedgoldfish69 wrote:
They definitely haven't sent out millions of invites. If they did indeed send out all the invites yesterday (it doesn't seem like they did), then I'd estimate they sent out around 30,000 of them.

There we go. That sounds very reasonable.

Sony needs to fill 15,000 spots. They can't send that few an amount of invites, because not every player will qualify for the fields of the beta. Adding 15,000 invites increases the pool of eligible testers, and allows Sony to narrow it down to people who deserve to be testing Playstation Home
Please use plain text.
Message 59 of 77 (6 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Apr 28, 2007
I will say this much like what everyone else is saying:  Why would they send our MORE emails, say a couple hundred thousand, for only a small segment, 15,000.  Yes there is the shear fact that some got the emails and didnt end up checking it.  So in that case, more emails would have to cover those that didnt sign up.  Maybe somewhere between 20 and 25 thousand emails.  Think about it, its counter productive to send out more emails than possible spots.  Glad I got the email.
Please use plain text.
Message 60 of 77 (6 Views)
0 Likes