Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
5659 posts

Re: For all of u who are happy they signed up for Home...

Apr 27, 2007

BabeBro wrote:

Solid snakeps3 wrote:
1 email means 1 sign up, even if someone gave u a link to the sign up it just replaces their ign up with yours. sony didnt send out more than 15,000 for sure..it would be silly if they did

Exactly and this is not even including the people who didn't check their email
and click the link quick enough.
I still have a strong feeling they will get rid of users 18 and under.

personaly i hope they do since it clearly states you have to be over 18 years old to enter the beta test, i'm sick of seeing like 13 -15 year olds in beta tests over 18+ year olds.
Image hosting by Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 77 (5 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1416 posts

Apr 27, 2007
I for one have always been a very satisfied customer of sony's.  Yes, I did get an invite and actually signed up before it closed but I won't start flaming if I don't get in...I mean come on, it will be released to everyone before you can say 2008.

Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 77 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3390 posts

Apr 27, 2007

sigchi222 wrote:
I for one have always been a very satisfied customer of sony's.  Yes, I did get an invite and actually signed up before it closed but I won't start flaming if I don't get in...I mean come on, it will be released to everyone before you can say 2008.

*speaking* 2008...
Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 77 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
323 posts

Apr 27, 2007

IceCold wrote:

sigchi222 wrote:

*speaking* 2008...

lol, you know how many people probaly read this post, and did the exact same thing
PSN: Stink_fist
Free Image HostingFree Image Hosting
Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 77 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3082 posts

Apr 27, 2007
G.A.P: Game Advisory Panel

To become a member you should register as much SCEA products as you can.  That's how I got in. 

Oh BTW, here was my situation when I got the Home Beta Invitation:

Sony GAP Member
Playstation Underground Member
Did NOT have my PS3 registered yet
Over 18
Resident in Canada
Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 77 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
16940 posts

Apr 27, 2007

DaRtH_LiCkWiD wrote:

bigdaddytim wrote:

DA-GOAT wrote:
I don't even know how u would get invited over to home for a beta test, and wth is GAP?

they are both picked at random from the mass of population on these boards...

Keyword being ..Random..I do not know why everyone is gettin all bent out of shape..Imagine if we all knew what the winning lotto numbers were? Wouldn't be much fun huh :smileytongue:

exactly... this is the way they have alway done it, it is the fairest way to try and get everyone to beta test a single game..
Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 77 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3082 posts

Apr 27, 2007

bigdaddytim wrote:

DaRtH_LiCkWiD wrote:

bigdaddytim wrote:

DA-GOAT wrote:
I don't even know how u would get invited over to home for a beta test, and wth is GAP?

Keyword being ..Random..I do not know why everyone is gettin all bent out of shape..Imagine if we all knew what the winning lotto numbers were? Wouldn't be much fun huh :smileytongue:

exactly... this is the way they have alway done it, it is the fairest way to try and get everyone to beta test a single game..

I disagree, I think they pick ppl that have shown some kind of loyalty RECENTLY.  stuff like how often you log into you PSN ID, how often you're gaming, how often you visited that betatrial website...

I'm sure they would not pick "randomly". Otherwise you will get ppl who don't even care much about the product and would not give valuable feedback relating to bugs, etc.  Might be SOME random picks, but for the most part the invitations are sent to individuals who meet certain criteria i'm sure.
Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 77 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
16940 posts

Apr 27, 2007

wrote:

bigdaddytim wrote:

DaRtH_LiCkWiD wrote:

bigdaddytim wrote:

DA-GOAT wrote:

I disagree, I think they pick ppl that have shown some kind of loyalty RECENTLY.  stuff like how often you log into you PSN ID, how often you're gaming, how often you visited that betatrial website...

I'm sure they would not pick "randomly". Otherwise you will get ppl who don't even care much about the product and would not give valuable feedback relating to bugs, etc.  Might be SOME random picks, but for the most part the invitations are sent to individuals who meet certain criteria i'm sure.

no, they have no way of tracking you on that site... they have always picked randomly in the community... and I dont see why they would have changed just for this beta...
Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 77 (5 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1161 posts

Apr 27, 2007

abercrombieco2 wrote:

BabeBro wrote:

Solid snakeps3 wrote:
1 email means 1 sign up, even if someone gave u a link to the sign up it just replaces their ign up with yours. sony didnt send out more than 15,000 for sure..it would be silly if they did

Exactly and this is not even including the people who didn't check their email
and click the link quick enough.
I still have a strong feeling they will get rid of users 18 and under.

personaly i hope they do since it clearly states you have to be over 18 years old to enter the beta test, i'm sick of seeing like 13 -15 year olds in beta tests over 18+ year olds.

I completely agree man. Why have minors test a beta that will determine how well
HOME will work on our consoles? Will they even know how to report bugs?
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 77 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1440 posts

Apr 27, 2007

wrote:

bigdaddytim wrote:

DaRtH_LiCkWiD wrote:

bigdaddytim wrote:

DA-GOAT wrote:

i think this is unfair because you could be a huge playstation fan but not have a lot of free time.  i got into gap because one day i just felt like registering all my games, and my playstation 2.  then they sent me a gap invite and i update my games now everytime i get something new. 
GAP.SOCOM.
Please use plain text.
Message 50 of 77 (5 Views)
0 Likes