Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Survivor
Registered: 09/10/2012
Offline
1317 posts
 

Re: Fam Warz

[ Edited ]
Jul 25, 2013

Cyber_Descendant wrote:

 

I joined a fam not to long ago and I see the allot of fams beefing with eachother, roasting with their keyboards and mics. practicing their right to bear arms with the select button. Now wouldnt it be a great idea if these "fams" aka wannabe gangs had their own little arena where they can have their fam wars at with like bats, knives, chains, or just plain brawling, etc, etc. Make it a last team standing with leaderbaords so everybody on home can see who the top fam is. To make money off it you could just sell different types of weapons and make everybody just start out with fists and belts or whatever.


I am a bit confused by this post. You say you joined a fam, and then go on to to say they're wannabe gangs, but then suggest that they make it possible for them to do battle. Are you for fams acting like this or against it? Seems a bit rediculous to me. :/

Message 41 of 55 (237 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 06/28/2009
Offline
7538 posts
 

Re: Fam Warz

[ Edited ]
Jul 25, 2013

AbysmalDawna wrote:

myalana wrote:

LiLBlueEyes wrote:

Fams help keep Home afloat monetarily - 30 regulars from the forums buying apartments and clothes is a drop in the bucket compared to  30 people in one fam buying gold everything... Why do you think a lot of the new content is targeted toward them,,, They are a consumer nothing more, nothing less... I rarely get harassed by them and if I do I tell them to have a nice day and move on.


We all help keep Home afloat monetarily. This logic however seems a bit akin to suggesting that graffiti artists should be tolerated because they're good for spray paint sales or liquor store hold ups should be overlooked because they're good for gun sales. Rotten behavior is rotten behavior. To excuse it in the name of sales just doesn't make sense to me.


To compare real life crimes to these imaginary virtual reality stuff is absurd.


The concept of playing devil's advocate is as foreign to some as compassion for human beings being hit by a natural disaster is. Oh wait...that hurricane wasn't going to affect you so it's different yes? At any rate, I wish you and your family much success on Home and I hope you keep buying many virtual goods to keep it afloat for the rest of us.

Message 42 of 55 (232 Views)
Survivor
Registered: 09/17/2011
Online
1707 posts
 

Re: Fam Warz

Jul 25, 2013

myalana wrote:

AbysmalDawna wrote:

Akirasolid wrote:

Fam's are a joke, all they do is start problems and call you noobs for not buying clothes from the stores, lmao. I can't believe they make fun of people for not buying digital clothes.


Before people get too harsh on this subject let's not forget these "fams" are spending a lot of money maybe more than the people that are complaining about them.  At worse for me is mild amusement when I see them.  I think this so called fam problem is totally exaggerated by the usual "law and order types".  I mean who wastes their time putting 40 people on ignore?   Surely you must have something better to do?  Also isnt intentionally provoking fams as bad as they are.   And what about entrapment?  Live and let live I say.


Have you spent more than they have? We may have to ask you to leave but they can stay. It seems fair to me.


Who is "we"?  The "forum fam" that doesnt want to hear anyone elses viewpoints except their own?   You can ask me to leave but it aint gonna happen.  Not in this lifetime.

Message 43 of 55 (231 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 06/28/2009
Offline
7538 posts
 

Re: Fam Warz

[ Edited ]
Jul 26, 2013

AbysmalDawna wrote:

Who is "we"?  The "forum fam" that doesnt want to hear anyone elses viewpoints except their own?   You can ask me to leave but it aint gonna happen.  Not in this lifetime.


Well said. I gave you one kudo. :cattongue:

Message 44 of 55 (227 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 09/17/2011
Online
1707 posts
 

Re: Fam Warz

Jul 26, 2013

myalana wrote:

AbysmalDawna wrote:

Who is "we"?  The "forum fam" that doesnt want to hear anyone elses viewpoints except their own?   You can ask me to leave but it aint gonna happen.  Not in this lifetime.


Well said. I gave you one kudo.


Why dont you get your crew together and have them all give me kudos to make up for all the ones I should have got in the past!!!!!!!!!

Message 45 of 55 (214 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 06/28/2009
Offline
7538 posts
 

Re: Fam Warz

Jul 26, 2013

AbysmalDawna wrote:

myalana wrote:

AbysmalDawna wrote:

Who is "we"?  The "forum fam" that doesnt want to hear anyone elses viewpoints except their own?   You can ask me to leave but it aint gonna happen.  Not in this lifetime.


Well said. I gave you one kudo.


Why dont you get your crew together and have them all give me kudos to make up for all the ones I should have got in the past!!!!!!!!!


I think that might only net you upwards of 2 kudos, but I can try. Also, we prefer the term partners in crime.

Back on track and in summation:

 

OP: Let fams fight

User 1-? No.

*some other random stuff*

Guide: fams are good for Home

Me: but...

Guide: I'm a guide, I help everyone. famz r good.

Me: yes, but...

User X: yeah famz r good, suck it up ppl!

kitty: I'm confused...

*various debate..random kudos*

1440 min vacation.

 

 

 

Message 46 of 55 (206 Views)
Last Guardian
Registered: 05/27/2009
Online
11637 posts
 

Re: Fam Warz

Jul 26, 2013

KatCall75 wrote:

fam.png

 

Episode IV, A NEW HOPE

 

It is a period of civil war. Rebel forum posters, striking from their PS3's, have won their first victory against the evil Galactic Famz. During the battle, Rebel spies managed to steal secret plans to the Famz’ ultimate weapon, the DORK STAR, an armored space station with enough power to destroy all that's fun in Home. Pursued by the Famz' sinister agents, Princess Katcall races to Home aboard her PS3, custodian of the stolen plans that can save her people and restore freedom to all of Home….

 

...or something.  Just ignore them.  Try this, when you place them on "ignore", pretend you're really doing this...

 

ignore.jpg  "I find your lack of keyboard disturbing."


Episode V...NOW!

 photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 47 of 55 (180 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 07/03/2011
Offline
2291 posts
 

Re: Fam Warz

Jul 26, 2013

al2009man wrote:

 Episode V...NOW


fam.png

Episode V, THE FAMZ STRIKE BACK

 

It is a dark time for the Rebellion. Although the Dork Star has been destroyed, Fam troops have driven the Rebel forces from Home's public spaces and pursued them across the internet.

Evading the dreaded Fam Starfleet, a group of freedom fighters led by Al2009man has established a new secret base on a remote personal space on Home.

The evil lord Darth Hater, obsessed with finding young Al2009man, has dispatched thousands of remote probes into the far reaches of Home...

 

godfather.jpg

 

"You're not actually taking us INTO the Godfather space?"

"They'd be crazy to follow us, wouldn't they?"

Message 48 of 55 (157 Views)
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 07/18/2013
Offline
153 posts
 

.

[ Edited ]
Aug 14, 2013
 
Message 49 of 55 (146 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 05/30/2012
Offline
4867 posts
 

Re: Fam Warz

Jul 26, 2013

King_xO-AsSaSSin wrote:

LiLBlueEyes wrote:

myalana wrote:

LiLBlueEyes wrote:

Fams help keep Home afloat monetarily - 30 regulars from the forums buying apartments and clothes is a drop in the bucket compared to  30 people in one fam buying gold everything... Why do you think a lot of the new content is targeted toward them,,, They are a consumer nothing more, nothing less... I rarely get harassed by them and if I do I tell them to have a nice day and move on.


We all help keep Home afloat monetarily. This logic however seems a bit akin to suggesting that graffiti artists should be tolerated because they're good for spray paint sales or liquor store hold ups should be overlooked because they're good for gun sales. Rotten behavior is rotten behavior. To excuse it in the name of sales just doesn't make sense to me.


Theres rotten behavior on all levels of Home,,, as a Guide its my task to help people regardless of there name or club.. Unlike a liquor store hold up you can walk away without getting shot in the back, if people want to stand there and argue with others that's there choice, I would rather do something more constructive.


Like calling other people foreigners and mentioning the word "Guide" in every post, ...yeah that's constructive


The truth, you speak it young padawan.

 

 

:smileylol:

Legendary_Vicki's SigLegendary_Vicki   Welcoming Committee v2.0 




Message 50 of 55 (111 Views)