Nov 27 2012
By: Eye-On-Xi First Son 19 posts

Eye-on-Xi Logo Competition & Information Request - Be on Eye-on-Xi!

[ Edited ]
13 replies 679 views Edited Nov 28, 2012

Hello, fellows!

Today, a competition of sorts, and a plead of assistance!

So, this is the Eye-on-Xi logo => xilogo2.png

It's nice.... but not what I'd like long term. I'm sure you can do better! For Kudos and credit, please upload your new logo idea to this thread, and the one with the most Kudos by Saturday takes the honour of supplying our logo!

We also need information, pictures, ideas and YOU for airtime. If you'd like to discuss Xi with us, sharing your thoughts and opinions, make a report for us, or just provide a fun segment, we'd love to have you in the studio! 

We'd like to make Eye-on-Xi a large weekly webisode, with a few small newspulses in between, to run for the duration of Xi: Continuum, so we need a LOT of material and ideas.... please feel free to sumbit any thoughts, comments or suggestionsvia a forum message. You can also get in touch via XMB message, but those aren't checked as frequently.

Finally, if you've found something or would like to share something, we're happy to help you create your own Eye-onXi segment or newspulse, and will of course give full credit to anyone who finds or submits anything to us!

Look forward to hearing from you -- so, get designing!

EoX

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 14 (679 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
323 posts

Re: Eye-on-Xi Logo Competition & Information Request - Be on Eye-on-Xi!

Nov 28, 2012
What kind of prize is there?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There is a powerful driving force within every human being that once unleashed can make any vision, dream or desire a reality.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 14 (637 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1264 posts

Nov 28, 2012

How about this?

XI.jpg

A little uninspired, and quick, but it's something so far.

Perish_Song
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 14 (609 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 28, 2012

Just FYI, judging the logos by kudos might not be a great idea....that's easily exploitable if someone decides to make a few alts just to kudos boost...Its happened on this forum before, trust me...:smileyindifferent:

I would recommend letting people submit entries, then look through them individually and make a decision on which one is the best. Less of a "How many friends/alts kudos can I get" contest that way.

New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 14 (602 Views)
First Son
19 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 28, 2012

KarateChampChad wrote:

Just FYI, judging the logos by kudos might not be a great idea....that's easily exploitable if someone decides to make a few alts just to kudos boost...Its happened on this forum before, trust me...:smileyindifferent:

I would recommend letting people submit entries, then look through them individually and make a decision on which one is the best. Less of a "How many friends/alts kudos can I get" contest that way.

It's been suggested that Kudos is too open to alt account abuse and friendly-votes by others, too - but I'd rather avoid any accusation of favouritism myself, so I'm just going to emplore you all to 

A) Kudos as many as you like, or just your favourite, by Saturday evening - please do Kudo at least one. 
and
B) Don't use alt accounts to give Kudos to any posts - once only, please. Be fair.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 14 (572 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
224 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 29, 2012

eye on xi logo.png

I tried. I'm sure some other design is gonna swoop in and blow this out of the water, but that's okay, it was fun to do.

Also, I tried my hardest making this have a transparent background and I just couldn't do it. ;-; I am a failure.

photo
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 14 (471 Views)
Lombax Warrior
138 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 30, 2012

It took me around 2 hours to finish it, I hope you like it!!!!

Jack´s Logo.PNG

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 14 (387 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1264 posts

Dec 1, 2012

The first one was just something thrown together mashing up the Aurora portal, with the Xi logo existing. Since then I came up with a new logo.

XI2.jpg

As a concept piece I combined it with some in game materials past (white hall), and present (the aurora warp aura, and gateway), to show what it can look like when applied.

WHite hall.jpg

Perish_Song
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 14 (322 Views)
First Son
19 posts

Dec 2, 2012

Eye On XI Logo.jpg

Our winning logo by virtue of Kudos - Retro_1973!

Many thanks to everyone who entered, there were some very cool designs! 

Keep an eye out for the next webisode, coming [hopefully] this afternoon, giving you the latest round up of happenings, goings on and shenanigans in Home.

EoX out.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 14 (254 Views)
PlayStation MVP
28744 posts

Dec 2, 2012

That is a beautiful image. Very well done!

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 14 (248 Views)
0 Likes