Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Fender Bender
Registered: 05/19/2010
Online
2846 posts
 

Re: Expect Star Wars stuff to be pulled soon...

May 6, 2013

VioletWinds wrote:

Legendary_Vicki wrote:


Not necessarily, there's been a few companies that their license has ran out but the spaces or content still remain.


Examples, please?


In EU a few Diesel items remain. This is probably because the old stuff was done with ThinkTank Solutions and the newer items were produced by VeeMee *shrugs*

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: There is no new news to share at this time.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 62 (326 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 05/27/2009
Online
10636 posts
 

Re: Expect Star Wars stuff to be pulled soon...

[ Edited ]
May 6, 2013

Here come the Negative comment over "EA"

 

trust me, even if there going to be a new Star Wars game published by EA. it will be always blind-hates.

 

By this thread. remember that LucasArts turns into- OKAY, this post and edit here turns a bit silly


 photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png

 photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png

QUOTE OF THE WEEK: &quotMe love sum animes!" -AL2009man 2014
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 62 (325 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 05/22/2009
Online
29048 posts
 

Re: Expect Star Wars stuff to be pulled soon...

[ Edited ]
May 6, 2013

EdwCarnby wrote:
A negotiation to bring easdRob back wouldn't hurt either!

He is no longer with EA.

 

He had a wonderful vision of expanding that complex to many of the venues you could see from the Poker rooms. Sadly money was probably something that stopped that given development isn't cheap and pay to play is certainly the driving force nowadays. 

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 62 (322 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/04/2011
Offline
6276 posts
 

Re: Expect Star Wars stuff to be pulled soon...

May 6, 2013

THQ has filed for bankruptcy, along with selling all their games and assets in real life.

Yet, their Home content remains.

So there's still hope. 

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 62 (310 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 04/24/2013
Offline
43 posts
 

Re: Expect Star Wars stuff to be pulled soon...

[ Edited ]
May 6, 2013

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:

THQ has filed for bankruptcy, along with selling all their games and assets in real life.

Yet, their Home content remains.

So there's still hope. 


Most of the companies who bought fractions of THQ have Home content of thier own aswell, except for the company who bought Saints Row. I can see the THQ stuff getting removed when they do another cleaning like they do every few years.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 62 (291 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 07/31/2011
Online
3626 posts
 

Re: Expect Star Wars stuff to be pulled soon...

May 6, 2013

COLONEL-KFC- wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Seems to me they might want to promote Star Wars now that they have the license. I don't see why pulling it is a given. We might be surprised and see more of it. 


I for one am hoping the stuff does not get pulled, but as EA has discontinued services with Home, i can see it happening.


Battlefield 3 stuff is still on Home.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 62 (288 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 04/24/2013
Offline
43 posts
 

Re: Expect Star Wars stuff to be pulled soon...

May 6, 2013

LightOfValkyrie wrote:

COLONEL-KFC- wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Seems to me they might want to promote Star Wars now that they have the license. I don't see why pulling it is a given. We might be surprised and see more of it. 


I for one am hoping the stuff does not get pulled, but as EA has discontinued services with Home, i can see it happening.


Battlefield 3 stuff is still on Home.


Yeah, I forgot about that, it must have just been EA Sports that they had a falling out with then.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 62 (279 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/04/2011
Offline
6276 posts
 

Re: Expect Star Wars stuff to be pulled soon...

May 6, 2013

COLONEL-KFC- wrote:

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:

THQ has filed for bankruptcy, along with selling all their games and assets in real life.

Yet, their Home content remains.

So there's still hope. 


Most of the companies who bought fractions of THQ have Home content of thier own aswell, except for the company who bought Saints Row. I can see the THQ stuff getting removed when they do another cleaning like they do every few years.


Well, they didn't warn us recently about Diesel getting pulled. Later, it come to find out that the contract was up. Though, there was no warning of any kind beforehand.

My best advie is, if the company hasn't produced in a long time on Home, best buy what you can.

At least before it's gone.

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 62 (276 Views)
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 05/22/2009
Online
29048 posts
 

Re: Expect Star Wars stuff to be pulled soon...

[ Edited ]
May 6, 2013

Star Wars and the Empire Strikes Back are two movies I really enjoyed. After all "Get This Walking Carpet Out of My Way" and so many more expressions are really memorable. 

 

Having the Cantina in Home was quite an addition. It's really a shame they never updated it or added some additional content or mini-games. There were and are so many possibilities. 

 

Who knows when the license is due to expire and whether or not a renewal is in Home's future. We don't hear much from Heavy Water these days and I do believe they were trying to get additional Star Wars content in Home. 

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 62 (275 Views)
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 07/31/2011
Online
3626 posts
 

Re: Expect Star Wars stuff to be pulled soon...

May 6, 2013
It would suck if Star Wars content got removed from Home.
But, right now, I'm more focused on EA/DICE breathing life into the corpse that was Star Wars Battlefront 3.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 62 (273 Views)