Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
May 06 2013
By: COLONEL-KFC- Splicer 43 posts

Expect Star Wars stuff to be pulled soon...

62 replies 898 views Edited May 6, 2013

EA has bought rights to make Star Wars games... and as we all know, EA pulled pretty much all of thier merchandise from Home.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/05/06/ea-signs-exclusive-publishing-deal-with-disney...

Message 1 of 63 (898 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3264 posts

Re: Expect Star Wars stuff to be pulled soon...

May 6, 2013
We need more smart newbies like yourself :smileyhappy:

Seriously, this is probably gonna happen. EU Homeys have jumped to this conclusion in the space removal thread.

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

Message 2 of 63 (890 Views)
PlayStation MVP
29200 posts

May 6, 2013

Seems to me they might want to promote Star Wars now that they have the license. I don't see why pulling it is a given. We might be surprised and see more of it. 

Message 3 of 63 (882 Views)
Splicer
43 posts

May 6, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Seems to me they might want to promote Star Wars now that they have the license. I don't see why pulling it is a given. We might be surprised and see more of it. 

I for one am hoping the stuff does not get pulled, but as EA has discontinued services with Home, i can see it happening.

Message 4 of 63 (873 Views)
PlayStation MVP
29200 posts

[ Edited ]
May 6, 2013

COLONEL-KFC- wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

I for one am hoping the stuff does not get pulled, but as EA has discontinued services with Home, i can see it happening.

It's possible. I wouldn't jump to that conclusion just yet. I know I do miss the EA spaces. They were pretty special as was some of their store content. Hopefully if it does happen the community will be told in advance. 

I personally bought a lot of their costumes when they first came out. I don't spend much time in the Cantina but it is a very nice space and it wouldn't be good if we lost it.

Message 5 of 63 (864 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

May 6, 2013

It all depends on what the company feels like doing with their assets.

I believe another Home company, took the rights of the Home content.

It was spoke about a few times on here, in the past 2 months.

Message 6 of 63 (858 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4867 posts

May 6, 2013

COLONEL-KFC- wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Not necessarily, there's been a few companies that their license has ran out but the spaces or content still remain.

Legendary_Vicki's SigLegendary_Vicki   Welcoming Committee v2.0 

Message 7 of 63 (849 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
43 posts

May 6, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

COLONEL-KFC- wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

It's possible. I wouldn't jump to that conclusion just yet. I know I do miss the EA spaces. They were pretty special as was some of their store content. Hopefully if it does happen the community will be told in advance. 

I personally bought a lot of their costumes when they first came out. I don't spend much time in the Cantina but it is a very nice space and it wouldn't be good if we lost it.

I would like to see a re-negotiation with EA to bring that content back. and to keep the content they still have left it Home. Star Wars.the poker spaces, the EA jeresy's, those were loved by many.

Message 8 of 63 (842 Views)
Survivor
1641 posts

May 6, 2013

Legendary_Vicki wrote:

Not necessarily, there's been a few companies that their license has ran out but the spaces or content still remain.

Examples, please?

We know now that Home will be gone by next April. I intend to enjoy it as long as it's around. I hope you do, too.
Message 9 of 63 (831 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3264 posts

May 6, 2013
A negotiation to bring easdRob back wouldn't hurt either!

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

Message 10 of 63 (821 Views)