Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 12 2013
By: daylilynut First Son 26 posts

Excessive Product ads signing into Playstation Home

29 replies 487 views Edited Sep 12, 2013

Since before the E3 I have been having to wait through as many as a dozen product ads offering new items in playstation home stores. Many are from VeeDee. The old product placements 10 second spots are not ending with the new  additions that occur and are instead often extending my Playstation Home sign in time by  up to 4 or 5 minutes. They often even continue past the effective date of the information where sales are over  and prices or discounts have expired or in the case of the E3 it was 3 weeks after it ended before they dropped off. This contition continues  in spite of clearing data and even deleting Playstation Home numberous times. What is strange is that the problem only exists on my major sign in PSN account and a secondary account has only 3 product placement spots that are always replaced each Wednesday. The cause I feel is my large purchases making me appear  a sucker for all these virtual products. I am no longer making Playstation Store Purchases at previous levels as a result . I can not even find a source to let someone know my complaints. OVER THE PAST FEW MONTHS I AM SPENDING HOURS WAITING FOR THESE PRODUCT ADS WHEN i WANT TO QUICKLY SIGN IN TO PLAYSTATION HOME. NOW THAT i KNOW THEY WILL ALWAYS JUST DELAY SIGNON I WANT THEM ALL REMOVED. THE LOG IN AREA IS NOT THE SPOT TO USE WHEN IT DELAYS ACCESS TO THE SITES ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY HAVE ABUSED IT LIKE THEY HAVE I EXPECT ON MANY OTHER ACCOUNTS

Message 1 of 30 (487 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
9446 posts

Re: Excessive Product ads signing into Playstation Home

Sep 12, 2013
You are referring to the Home startup splashscreens. They were implemented to show ads so it is not so boring of a wait and you can find out about new content. The wait time is the same as it always was to access Home I believe just now you have the ads there. I barely watch them. I take a moment to do something else and wait until the message of the day pops up as then I know I am in Home. No amount of clearing caches or deleting Home will remove these also. Theyre a part of Home now regardless.
Support Forums
Message 2 of 30 (459 Views)
PlayStation MVP
29231 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 12, 2013

The ads have nothing to do with the log-in time. It has more to do with loading the program and verifying purchased content. If they did away with the ads you'd still be waiting the same time. At least the ads are informational and show some of the new content. 

Message 3 of 30 (458 Views)
Welcoming Committee
9446 posts

Sep 12, 2013
Therefore, adding to what Jo is saying, yes it is true that the more stuff you have bought in Home, the longer it is to access as it takes longer to verify your paid for content.
Support Forums
Message 4 of 30 (449 Views)
Wastelander
580 posts

Sep 12, 2013

Trust me, the ads showing new home releases each week are 100x more interesting than waiting the same time staring at the same generic loading picture like they used to have.

Message 5 of 30 (448 Views)
First Son
26 posts

Sep 12, 2013

Your all wrong in your explainations except possibly the individual that said it was my large content . I would like to find if there is anything to the theory that more contect increases sign on time. I am waiiting for up to 12 ads and they include ads that are expired. Logon time is delayed and  my very highspeed connection should not take so long. I know that I have a hgwe file of 75 Home Tycoon cities besides all my product purchases and the 3 dozen places.  If you were right my other account would also have the same ads. Both accounts start with the same exact  ads, but the one account is running the ads from last week and the weeks before.  I once thought like you that the ads were just run to allow something to be shown while we are waiting. That is not the case and if you only have 3 or 4 product placement ads the problem is not even affecting you so your comments are without merit to my problem.  I believe that the logon time is delayed for everyone while the ads run and in my case the number of ads is too great. I have up to 10 or 12 ads runnung while I am signing into the Playstation Home. It should not take the system so long to sign me in and it takes exactly the time that the ads run.

Message 6 of 30 (399 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
29231 posts

Sep 12, 2013

daylilynut wrote:

Your all wrong in your explainations except possibly the individual that said it was my large content . I would like to find if there is anything to the theory that more contect increases sign on time.

I have multiple accounts and my main account takes much longer because of all the content I've purchased. It's really all there is to. It's certainly not the ad's because all accounts would then take the same time. 

Message 7 of 30 (397 Views)
Survivor
1784 posts

Sep 12, 2013

daylilynut wrote:

Your all wrong in your explainations except possibly the individual that said it was my large content . I would like to find if there is anything to the theory that more contect increases sign on time. I am waiiting for up to 12 ads and they include ads that are expired. Logon time is delayed and  my very highspeed connection should not take so long. I know that I have a hgwe file of 75 Home Tycoon cities besides all my product purchases and the 3 dozen places.  If you were right my other account would also have the same ads. Both accounts start with the same exact  ads, but the one account is running the ads from last week and the weeks before.  I once thought like you that the ads were just run to allow something to be shown while we are waiting. That is not the case and if you only have 3 or 4 product placement ads the problem is not even affecting you so your comments are without merit to my problem.  I believe that the logon time is delayed for everyone while the ads run and in my case the number of ads is too great. I have up to 10 or 12 ads runnung while I am signing into the Playstation Home. It should not take the system so long to sign me in and it takes exactly the time that the ads run.

No, you're wrong and in several ways. Try reading what the people posted again. They're right. (And try a spell check on your comments. That would help a lot, too.)

The above comment is my opinion, unless I state a fact. You can disagree with my opinion, but facts are facts.
Message 8 of 30 (374 Views)
First Son
26 posts

Sep 12, 2013

Fine if your main account is also showing multiple ads let me know. My complaint was that I had to watch expired ads including those advertising the E3 after it was over for weeks, I don't know if you also are dealing with ads from earlier weeks as the system tries to fill the time from a longer requirement for sign on time due to our purchases. If so then they need to find new ads that are not outdated or just run the current ads for a longer time.

Message 9 of 30 (373 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

Sep 12, 2013

Sorry you seem to care about spell check

Message 10 of 30 (368 Views)
0 Likes