Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
29221 posts

Re: Evil Tree Posters....WT??? FAIL!!

[ Edited ]
May 21, 2013

Deviant Art is amazing for images you could use in frames. There are just so many awesome ones there.

Message 21 of 68 (268 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4245 posts

May 21, 2013

CMCSAVAGE wrote:

This is how big I'd thought it would be....:smileysurprised:

Now that's a poster...

bpos.JPG

Yes, the preview images with avatars are quite misleading.  Like this one as well:

551324_508141899223813_829646371_n.jpg

And if they made it that size it certainly would be an incentive to buy them (for those interested in the art work) as there are no frames that size.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 22 of 68 (263 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4245 posts

May 21, 2013

CMCSAVAGE wrote:

D-Nitrate wrote:

I posted about this a month ago and again last week, and no one seemed to care (well maybe one person)...

Poster packs from Evil Tree Studios! Question!

I saw your post, but you didn't actually buy one though. 

Sorry, I was referring to using frames and images instead of posters - I edited my post to make it more clear.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 23 of 68 (258 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1993 posts

[ Edited ]
May 21, 2013
I'll admit, Evil Tree kind of got off to a bad start here, selling pictures of such things isn't precisely the best idea being we can already have wall hangings that allow us any image as long as it's saved to our HD from any site available, so I'm not sure what gave them the idea, or maybe they just never did their research with PlayStation Home before releasing these.

I hope their next release is something nicer or more unique, like the apartment they were planning to release or maybe they could do something else with the grimm fairy tales subject. (Just not pictures)

It would also be nice if they advertised a bit better, in my opinion their poster could be nicer/better edited, which if it was it may enthuse me to expect more from their content.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 24 of 68 (250 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
278 posts

[ Edited ]
May 21, 2013

Tutorial

How to "rescale" the Grimm's poster and save money

- Download the Grimm Fairytale image(s) from the internet for free (Just google "Grimm Fairy Tales" and click on "Images")

- Transfer the downloaded image(s) to your PS3 with a USB stick

- Hand up big picture frames in your apartment

- Select for each frame a different picture from your XMB

- Go out in the real world and buy a present for your loved ones with the saved money

- Enjoy

Message 25 of 68 (230 Views)
Wastelander
427 posts

May 21, 2013

I have to say i was curious about those beautiful posters but now knowing they are small, I'm not interested anymore.

And it's true you could Google any pictures that you like and frame them.

Down side of doing that is if you filming a video, it will not show the picture.   

Message 26 of 68 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1673 posts

May 21, 2013

madouda wrote:

I have to say i was curious about those beautiful posters but now knowing they are small, I'm not interested anymore.

And it's true you could Google any pictures that you like and frame them.

Down side of doing that is if you filming a video, it will not show the picture.   

As far as I can tell, these "posters" are so small, they won't show in a video, either.

We know now that Home will be gone by next April. I intend to enjoy it as long as it's around. I hope you do, too. I'm going to miss a lot of you as I'm not much of a gamer. You know who you are.
Message 27 of 68 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

May 21, 2013

CMCSAVAGE wrote:

I didn't see any posts on these, I guess no one bought one? If you didn't, don't.

$0.99 for something you can't see unless you your camera to zoom.

LOOT movie poster (free) on the left for size comparison and their Twitter response...LOL.

tw1.JPG

tw3.JPGtw4.JPG

Like I say all the time don't buy ANYTHING in Home tell you see it first.  Every now and then there is a rip-off or something that comes out that does not work right.

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Message 28 of 68 (247 Views)
Splicer
37 posts

[ Edited ]
May 21, 2013

I wish I had seen this topic before I bought the bundle of all 4 of them :catsad:

It's a bad move to make them so tiny that you can barely see the artwork! I'm such a die-hard fan of Grimm and the Grimm Fairy tales! I can only hope, by the way, that they make outfits based on them at a later date.

But I think they should fix these for everyone, because they are waaay too small to enjoy! I got them to put in my comic book store, and you can't even see them.

:EDIT: Yup, found them on google....

Screen shot 2013-05-21 at 3.05.34 PM.png

Screen shot 2013-05-21 at 3.06.58 PM.png

Screen shot 2013-05-21 at 3.12.45 PM.png

When i bought them I thought they were going to be huge, that's the only real reason, especially since I usually do only use images from online in frames instead of purchasing any sort of pictures on Home- figures the one time I break the rule it's a fluke

Here's a great resource for anyone who wants more: http://zenescopeentertainment.wikia.com/wiki/Special:NewFiles

Message 29 of 68 (232 Views)
Last Guardian
11845 posts

May 21, 2013

HotChick955 wrote:

Tutorial

How to "rescale" the Grimm's poster and save money

- Download the Grimm Fairytale image(s) from the internet for free (Just google "Grimm Fairy Tales" and click on "Images")

- Transfer the downloaded image(s) to your PS3 with a USB stick

- Hand up big picture frames in your apartment

- Select for each frame a different picture from your XMB

- Go out in the real world and buy a present for your loved ones with the saved money

- Enjoy

Heres the big problem. you still need to buy bigger Picture Frame (Harbour Studio Picture Frame, or bigger)

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 30 of 68 (222 Views)