Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 28 2007
By: cybermansa Wastelander 697 posts

European Only

19 replies 20 views Edited Apr 28, 2007
I think its possible that the http://www.homebetatrial.com site is for Europe-only home beta registrations. If you notice all thoughout the site's homepage, EULA, etc. it clearly reads "Sony Computer Entertainment Europe" and not of America. Never does it state "SCEA" or "Sony Computer Entertainment America. If i'm not mistaken, the playstation underground  is run by SCEA. Sony America and Sony Europe are probaly using two different home beta invite methods and maybe even different dates altogether as their site hasnt opened yet. This is my theory as I dont see SCEA using SCEE's site for their signups hence we recieved e-mail invites instead.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 20 (20 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1038 posts

Re: European Only

Apr 28, 2007
thats cuz u live in europe?
and your links are european?
im canadian and got the invite
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 20 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
136 posts

Apr 28, 2007
wrong...... check out the uk playstation forum.  here is an email that several members there got when they email about europe getting to try the beta....

Whilst we are unable to go in to specific details I can assure you that everyone will be given the opportunity to apply within time. Far from being left out Europe is in fact taking a lead and similar correspondence to the GAP email has been passed to our Beta trial members. Home is a SCEE developed product, our offices in Japan and America are heavily involved and this promises to be a truly exciting product.

Registration for the wider public will be available at www.homebetatrial.com soon.

Kind Regards

The Home Platform Team

Also another member over their said that a relative got an email invite, but they dont have gap they just have people that are beta testers with no official title.  Also they did reiterate that signups on the site will begin soon....
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 20 (20 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3165 posts

Apr 28, 2007
am I the only one that read the entire agreement in the email that you had to accept??? it explained that the beta test was for US and canada only but that Sony of Europe had developed Home. The people running the beta test are based in the UK. any info you send will become property of the UK. Thus, the homebetatrial site was properly made by the same UK team. This does not mean that it will be Europe only for the invites from that (if they exist) but it very well could be.

Basically know one knows what is gonig on with that site. I much prefered it when all the conspiracy was about when it would go live instead of all of this new crap about second chances.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 20 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
697 posts

Apr 28, 2007
You guys are right. I do remember reading now that HOME was developed primarily by SCEE aka Sony's UK Team. So that may explain SCEE being all over the site and not SCEA.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 20 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1650 posts

Apr 28, 2007

ck2875 wrote:
am I the only one that read the entire agreement in the email that you had to accept??? it explained that the beta test was for US and canada only but that Sony of Europe had developed Home. The people running the beta test are based in the UK. any info you send will become property of the UK. Thus, the homebetatrial site was properly made by the same UK team. This does not mean that it will be Europe only for the invites from that (if they exist) but it very well could be.

Basically know one knows what is gonig on with that site. I much prefered it when all the conspiracy was about when it would go live instead of all of this new crap about second chances.

lol you probably are the only one who did read the agreement, not that it's bad.  everyone should have read the agreement
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 20 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
427 posts

Apr 28, 2007
yeah, developed in the uk but then they only allow access in north america.
i used to think ms hated europe (well anywhere outside the us actually) but they dont, they just dont care about anybody who isnt american, sony on the other hand actually seem to despise europe for some reason.
you'd think they didnt just have a record breaking launch in the uk just last month.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 20 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2639 posts

Apr 28, 2007

Cyberman_sa wrote:
I think its possible that the http://www.homebetatrial.com site is for Europe-only home beta registrations. If you notice all thoughout the site's homepage, EULA, etc. it clearly reads "Sony Computer Entertainment Europe" and not of America. Never does it state "SCEA" or "Sony Computer Entertainment America. If i'm not mistaken, the playstation underground  is run by SCEA. Sony America and Sony Europe are probaly using two different home beta invite methods and maybe even different dates altogether as their site hasnt opened yet. This is my theory as I dont see SCEA using SCEE's site for their signups hence we recieved e-mail invites instead.

I'm from europe amd I want to be in home badly.

However going by peoples emails they received SCEE was the group responsible. Yes I know iot sounds odd as there Europe but SCEE is mentioned on them. I'll go find a extract for you.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 20 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2639 posts

Apr 28, 2007

Erratic wrote:
wrong...... check out the uk playstation forum.  here is an email that several members there got when they email about europe getting to try the beta....

Whilst we are unable to go in to specific details I can assure you that everyone will be given the opportunity to apply within time. Far from being left out Europe is in fact taking a lead and similar correspondence to the GAP email has been passed to our Beta trial members. Home is a SCEE developed product, our offices in Japan and America are heavily involved and this promises to be a truly exciting product.

Registration for the wider public will be available at www.homebetatrial.com soon.

Kind Regards

The Home Platform Team

Also another member over their said that a relative got an email invite, but they dont have gap they just have people that are beta testers with no official title.  Also they did reiterate that signups on the site will begin soon....

Can you provide the forum link? I checked the Official European forums and can't find that
http://community.eu.playstation.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 20 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
136 posts

Apr 28, 2007
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 20 (20 Views)
0 Likes