Lombax Warrior
272 posts

Re: Eu Has Started : now wit pic

May 1, 2007

Naustradamus wrote:
The reason that as of right now, home doesn't need a TM for it is because this is considered a closed beta .. that meens all participant are required to agree to certian rules ..ll all info regarding Home musn't be told ... so no TM needed yet right?

Its not the point that Home is trademarked .. is in its production ... is it needed? You think in game developlent, they use that TM everywhere? nah .. just when there about to publicly release something .. Demo, game, or other ... so as for now, it it still possible .. I'm leaning towards yeah ... its not confirmable, but lots of people have seen this person it seems with the "Home" game tag ... so though I'm hopefull ... I wana wait and see what really happens >.>

And its probably pointless to say, but homebetatrial.com 's new expiration date is April 6 .. next sunday ... (since about a week ago it was April 1st, it probably doesn't meen anything)

Good points.
Please use plain text.
Message 60 of 144 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
781 posts

May 1, 2007

kid101snowboarder wrote:
Sorry bout the huge font

but did anyone read this at the bottom, it says nothing about " HOME " Being copyrighted accept for the logo

"", "", "PLAYSTATION", "PS3", "PlayStation" and "PSP" are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. "" is a registered trademark of Sony Corporation. The "Home" icon is a trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Limited. All titles, content, publisher names, trademarks, artwork, and associated imagery are trademarks and/or copyright material of their respective owners. All rights reserved.

"Home™ is a real-time 3D, networked community that serves as a meeting place for PLAYSTATION®3"

Message Edited by TristanMike on 04-30-2007 08:33 PM
Shame On Sony
Please use plain text.
Message 61 of 144 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
28040 posts

May 1, 2007

Naustradamus wrote:
The reason that as of right now, home doesn't need a TM for it is because this is considered a closed beta .. that meens all participant are required to agree to certian rules ..ll all info regarding Home musn't be told ... so no TM needed yet right?

Its not the point that Home is trademarked .. is in its production ... is it needed? You think in game developlent, they use that TM everywhere? nah .. just when there about to publicly release something .. Demo, game, or other ... so as for now, it it still possible .. I'm leaning towards yeah ... its not confirmable, but lots of people have seen this person it seems with the "Home" game tag ... so though I'm hopefull ... I wana wait and see what really happens >.>

And its probably pointless to say, but homebetatrial.com 's new expiration date is April 6 .. next sunday ... (since about a week ago it was April 1st, it probably doesn't meen anything)

That's not how it works though. If you trademark something it's legal and standard procedure to have it noted where ever it's placed. We'll see anyway.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Get your Portable ID! | Killer Bees on the Swarm
Please use plain text.
Message 62 of 144 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
37 posts

May 1, 2007
Why do I feel just like it's Christmas eve?? Waiting on the Sony santa to drop something off to my HOME.....
LOL, no really, I don't think i have been this excited for this long since I was a wee child.....
I had a buddy, that told us he was the master beta, we all laughed....
Please use plain text.
Message 63 of 144 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
418 posts

May 1, 2007

theNoss wrote:

Naustradamus wrote:

Good points.

well 1. that date is somthing to do with ur cache...
and also good points
i really think it is out in eu, should come soon to us ( hopes )
Please use plain text.
Message 64 of 144 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
368 posts

May 1, 2007
looks kinda fishy to me, trying to stir everyone up.
Please use plain text.
Message 65 of 144 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
781 posts

May 1, 2007
The moment they thought up the idea (and the name), they trademarked it so that no one else could use it. And they could have had the name trademarked 5 years ago, it doesn't matter. That's the way it works quite simply.

If you thought up an idea or designed something, and you called it a "Querphiphelphaphel," you would trademark that before you even built it, just in case someone got wind and decided to jump the gun on you.

Clinton is right, it's standard proceedure.

Message Edited by TristanMike on 04-30-2007 08:38 PM
Shame On Sony
Please use plain text.
Message 66 of 144 (13 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1333 posts

May 1, 2007
it looks like its working.
Please use plain text.
Message 67 of 144 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
877 posts

May 1, 2007
Ok, ok, what is being argued are valid points with the TM and what not, but it hasnt been established that the beta is going on right now? or we are still unsure?

To those who say Home has long load times. It took Home 47 seconds to load Motorstorm into its online lobby with 11 other people in the party.
Do you Ubuntu, B!tch?
MY PSN is RITTERRAV ADD ME!

Sign the Remake FF7 Petition! Over 29,000 Signatures!
Click the first like link.
Please use plain text.
Message 68 of 144 (13 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1016 posts

May 1, 2007

lostboy85 wrote:
I think I socialize more with NPC's than I do with actual people.

sounds like my 1st day in FFXI, I stood there arguing with an NPC, thinking he was a player, cause he wouldn't show me where to go. Boy did I ever feel dumb
Please use plain text.
Message 69 of 144 (13 Views)
0 Likes