Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fender Bender
1520 posts

Re: [EVENT] 10/24: "Swim for the Cure" (BCAM)

Oct 7, 2013

Stephie, I am willing to follow D-Nitrate's example. Will offer $5 each for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place for Race 1. Thank you for hosting this event. Like many this is a cause that hits close to home for me. Several of my family members are cancer survivors. Thank you for extending your time and creativity in offering this event to the community. :smileyhappy: Mur

Posted Image
Message 31 of 135 (266 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4929 posts

Re: [EVENT] 10/14: "Swim for the Cure" (BCAM)

Oct 7, 2013

D-Nitrate wrote:

StephieRawks wrote:

So combined, that's:
  • Race 1: $5 donation on behalf of the 1st place winner
  • Race 2: $10 donation on behalf of the 1st place winner, $5 donation on behalf of the 2nd place winner and $5 donation on behalf of the 3rd place winner
  • Race 3: $5 donation on behalf of the 1st place winner

Oops, I misunderstood your OP, I thought you had only one race with 1-3 getting a $5 donation in their name (or in the name they chose).  That's why I added a second race with 1-3.  So instead how about I either donate the money for each 2nd place finisher in the first 3 races, or donate to the winners of races 4-6?  What ever you think is best that will encourage more participants I'm fine with.  Just let me know.

MysticMur wrote:

Stephie, I am willing to follow D-Nitrate's example. Will offer $5 each for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place for Race 1. Thank you for hosting this event. Like many this is a cause that hits close to home for me. Several of my family members are cancer survivors. Thank you for extending your time and creativity in offering this event to the community. :smileyhappy: Mur

Thanks so much to both of you for sponsoring this too! We seem to have gotten our wires crossed, but I PMed both of you so we can figure out the best reward system!

Message 32 of 135 (244 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4929 posts

Oct 7, 2013

Zeelot wrote:

Great idea, i think my dolphins are dead but i think a Vet is in town that week to revive them..lol

I will see if i can attend, i support Breast Cancer and attend many events that raise awareness. I have my "Brees" jersey i wear all the time during October along with my Pink Raver pants though i don't own a dolphins outfit but my Jersey should be sufficient enough.

Awesome! You, Lego, D and anyone else with dead or angry dolphies have plenty of time to train before the big event!

Message 33 of 135 (240 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4929 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 8, 2013

More good news! I've recieved a message from (an anonymous donor) offering to add another $15 in donations to the pot! Now there will be a combined total of $60 in donations made on behalf of the winners! You guys are awesome!

I'll update the OP with more details once I hear back from D-Nitrate and (the anonymous donor) on how they'd like their donations distributed. 

EDIT: Turns out, this person wants to remain anonymous. If you happened to see this post before it was edited, shhhh!

Message 34 of 135 (218 Views)
Uncharted Territory
743 posts

Oct 8, 2013

Sounds like a fun event, Stephie.  I would also like to donate $5 to each of the winners.

Despite what some people believe, awareness and early detection are key factors to  increasing survivor rate. I should know I am one of those survivors.

original
Message 35 of 135 (196 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4929 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 8, 2013

That's great, beantot! I've updated the OP to reflect the the generous donations added by you, D-Nitrate, MysticMur and (the anonymous donor)!

On a personal note, I'm so glad you're still doing well and thankful it was caught as early as it was. *More big hugs for beanie!*

Message 36 of 135 (189 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
29231 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 9, 2013

Hugs Beantot. Sorry you've had to deal with this fight on a personal level. Some of us know exactly what that is like. And my dolphins must have my Dolphy Room all full of black smoke at this point. I'm afraid to stop by and see. 

:smileywink:

Message 37 of 135 (175 Views)
Welcoming Committee
9441 posts

Oct 8, 2013
As the son of a woman who has gotten and then beaten back breast cancer more than 3 times in her life let me extend my most sincerest congratulations to Beantot and any other women who have ever been in the 'fight'. Lots of <3
Support Forums
Message 38 of 135 (156 Views)
I Only Post Everything
553 posts

Oct 8, 2013
" And my dolphins must have my Dolphy Room all full of black smoke at this point."

So your dolphies haven't selected a new pope yet, Jo? ;D
Photobucket
Message 39 of 135 (150 Views)
PlayStation MVP
29231 posts

Oct 8, 2013

Miss_Ann_Thrope wrote:
" And my dolphins must have my Dolphy Room all full of black smoke at this point."

So your dolphies haven't selected a new pope yet, Jo? ;D

I have no clue but I don't think they like me at this point. LoL

Message 40 of 135 (146 Views)
0 Likes