PlayStation MVP
28997 posts

Re: [EVENT] 10/14: "Swim for the Cure" (BCAM)

[ Edited ]
Oct 7, 2013

julie_love wrote:

Here's a BCAM picture from our last effort in 2011!

BCAM09.jpg

That was a lot of fun.Those were good times. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 135 (362 Views)
PlayStation MVP
3925 posts

Oct 7, 2013

D-Nitrate wrote:

Great idea for an event, and if I am available I will definitely participate.  Although it's been so long since I've visited my dolphies they likely would be so angry that they would abandon the race and chase me instead so perhaps I'll leave them be. :smileywink:

Also, to extend the contributions, I'll offer to do the same and sponsor the second race of the event, contributing $5 for each of the top three pink dolphies in the 2nd race.  If I can't make it, Stephie, please message me the names of the dolphie owners and dolphie names (as the dolphies should also get credit for the donations) :smileyhappy:

Maybe if others sponsor additional races or match contributions, we might be able to raise a decent amount of money for a worthy cause.

As for Funkyfunky's post, I'd wager that's not their 'first post', but rather they are cowardly hiding behind a fake account.

BTW:  The title of the thread says "10/14" but the event promo says October 24th?

Wow, that's awesome! Thanks so much D! 

So combined, that's:

• Race 1: $5 donation on behalf of the 1st place winner
  • Race 2: $10 donation on behalf of the 1st place winner, $5 donation on behalf of the 2nd place winner and $5 donation on behalf of the 3rd place winner
  • Race 3: $5 donation on behalf of the 1st place winner

This is getting interesting! 

(Thanks for the typo catch too, I edited the thread title with the correct date.)

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 135 (331 Views)
PlayStation MVP
3925 posts

Oct 7, 2013

funkyfuntowns wrote:

D-Nitrate wrote:

If I can't make it, Stephie, please message me the names of the dolphie owners and dolphie names (as the dolphies should also get credit for the donations) :smileyhappy:

Maybe if others sponsor additional races or match contributions, we might be able to raise a decent amount of money for a worthy cause.

As for Funkyfunky

funkyfuntowns

Shouldn't the donations be in memory of those afflicted with breast cancer rather than video game dolphins?

If you read the OP and looked at the invite, you'd see that the winners can choose for the donations to be made "in honor of" or "in memory of" the name of their choice.

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 135 (331 Views)
PlayStation MVP
3925 posts

Oct 7, 2013

Jem__is_my__Name wrote:

This is fab!

Do I need a dolphie to participate?

I've never seen this space! Do dolphies come with those awesome avatar suits?

You rawk, Stephie!

You need to own the Dolphy Room personal space ($3.99) to train a dolphy to race, but you don't need to own a dolphy or participate in the race to attend the event. You can come show your support for Breast Cancer Awareness, vote and cheer on the dolphy of your choice, and possibly win some rewards at Hudson Gate, if you haven't already. Hope you'll attend anyway!

The Pink dolphy costumes are from another developer and don't unlock any special features in the race.

Dolphy Room Personal Space ... Hudson ... $3.99

Allows you to train, customise and race your own dolphy at Hudson Gate.

Dolphin Suit Set (Pink&White, Women or Men) ... Granzella ... $2.49 

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 135 (318 Views)
Wastelander
611 posts

Re: [EVENT] 10/24: "Swim for the Cure" (BCAM)

Oct 7, 2013
I hope I'm online for this, it's amazing of you to do this Steph; what a great idea! My sister-in-law recently died from breast cancer at only 58 years of age. On behalf of all those who have died or are survivors, Thank You!
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 135 (316 Views)
PlayStation MVP
3925 posts

Oct 7, 2013

julie_love wrote:

HOPPER_34 wrote:

julie_love wrote:

Oh wow, great idea Stephiie! If enough people come to the race maybe you can get everyone to spell out B.C.A.M. with their avatars. :smileytongue:

lol I remember the B.C.A.M. letters event. Mainly, I remember how bad I felt for Stephie trying to get all those people organized to spell out those letters. She most definitely had more patience than I could have had in that situation lol Did that ever work out in the end btw? Nice idea on this one too Stephie--hopefully it goes better (I'm sure it will) and you have some fun. :smileyhappy:

Stephie is a trooper, I'm sure she'd love it. Maybe she could do something where the dolphins are choreographed swimming in a formation that spells BCAM?

julie_love wrote:

Here's a BCAM picture from our last effort in 2011!

BCAM09.jpg

Never again, Juline! :smileytongue: Neverrrrrrrrrr!!!

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 135 (315 Views)
PlayStation MVP
3925 posts

Oct 7, 2013

So sorry to hear about your sister-in-law, boxer. *Big hugs*

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 135 (313 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1897 posts

Oct 7, 2013

I'm glad to see something being done again for BCAM this year on PlayStation Home and am looking forward to taking part in this amazing event.

I'm already prepping my Dolphies for the races to come and can assure they will be in full pink attire once everything begins.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 135 (287 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4098 posts

Oct 7, 2013

StephieRawks wrote:

So combined, that's:
  • Race 1: $5 donation on behalf of the 1st place winner
  • Race 2: $10 donation on behalf of the 1st place winner, $5 donation on behalf of the 2nd place winner and $5 donation on behalf of the 3rd place winner
  • Race 3: $5 donation on behalf of the 1st place winner

Oops, I misunderstood your OP, I thought you had only one race with 1-3 getting a $5 donation in their name (or in the name they chose).  That's why I added a second race with 1-3.  So instead how about I either donate the money for each 2nd place finisher in the first 3 races, or donate to the winners of races 4-6?  What ever you think is best that will encourage more participants I'm fine with.  Just let me know.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 135 (281 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1578 posts

Oct 7, 2013

Great idea, i think my dolphins are dead but i think a Vet is in town that week to revive them..lol

I will see if i can attend, i support Breast Cancer and attend many events that raise awareness. I have my "Brees" jersey i wear all the time during October along with my Pink Raver pants though i don't own a dolphins outfit but my Jersey should be sufficient enough.

photo 557c3c40-b625-4286-ad5f-95b19a50b165.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 135 (266 Views)