Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aug 30 2009
By: JohnRKlein Hekseville Citizen 267 posts

EA Poker Major Issues

16 replies 28 views Edited Aug 30, 2009

Ok, I'm really trying to force myself to use Home. Texas holdem' seemed like a good start  for me.

So I spend 30mins+ mins just trying  to get into a table. Several times I was the first one up to table sitting there waiting. By the time the game is over, there where 10+ people and we all play the who can hit the x button the fastest. What the heck? Ever heard of queues so the first in line gets to play next?

After 30mins+ mins of trying to get on a table, I finally play. I notice that I'm sitting in a invisible chair. Then I notice people doing negative bets? Then the when it's just me and another player left, my PS3 freezes.

I log back in and again, 30mins+ of trying to get into a game. But this time I actually play a whole game. In fact, when that was over, it took me ONLY 20mins+ to get into another game. By this time it's about 1am. So I get into my 3rd game pretty easy and I get about half way through and my PS3 freezes again.

The Texas Holdem games are bugged so bad, it's not worth playing russian rulette for 20-30mins+ just to get onto a table where you have almost a 50% chance that the game will be bugged.. :smileysad: 

Message 1 of 17 (28 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
25923 posts

Re: EA Poker Major Issues

Aug 30, 2009
Most Texas Hold'em games run just fine, but occassinally there is a problem. I played seversl games today and yesterday, and there were no problems other than two freezes and no loss of our pay-ins.
The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 2 of 17 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2137 posts

Aug 30, 2009
I'd say that about 30% of games have serious issues. Also the wait thing is very annoying. Yes, you can be the first one there and wait the longest and some last second person can still get in before you.
Photobucket
Message 3 of 17 (28 Views)
Sackboy
540 posts

Aug 30, 2009
I agree there alot of people waiting to play. Who ever has the fastest internet connection are the first ones in. not everybody has 20 mb of speed available to them. I lived in a wooded area where satellite is the only option. I have the top speed available which that is 1.5 mb of speed. Thats the highest I can go. The problem with satellite is their is a 3 to 4 second delay in signal.  Because of that I can't play poker because the signal is dropping packets. But I never had a problem before aug 13th update something changed in the programing. I think alot of it is sony's servers are unstable. Because from what I have seen and heard alot of people get the disconnected from server error but are still connected to the psn. That should not be happening. I think they need to install a propgram in the complex when the table is in play and you are waiting to play bring up the poker play icon and lock in on it. So those people who lock in on it are the ones that are going to get into the game. When your waiting 15 plus minutes to play and there are 16 people around the table me myself wood never have a chance. and I just wasted all that time.
Message 4 of 17 (28 Views)
Lombax Warrior
227 posts

Aug 30, 2009

I had almost the same issues all day long yesterday OP. When I would enter the space, I took plenty of time and let everything load up...

Head to the tables and there is always at least one table thats "bugged" and i can't ever enter a game(random table each time); when I finally did get into a game it was just like you said...I was seated way back from the table not even in a chair and then negative bets start showing up.

On my last game attempt, I got in and seemed to be playing fine even though I was still seated in air back from the table. I was down to the last three players and was eliminated, When I exited the game it actually kept my cam frozen to the table and I could watch my avatar walk around similar to how you would freeze in the old avatar rating in the XI hub used to be. I ended up just leaving the space where my PS3 proceeded to freeze up and I had to do a restart.

This is not few and far between or the exception to the rule. This happens to a lot of people a large majority of the time. The space needs some serious maintenance to fix all these issues it's had since the very beginning...

Message 5 of 17 (28 Views)
Sackboy
540 posts

Aug 30, 2009

JB438gtgmr wrote:

I had almost the same issues all day long yesterday OP. When I would enter the space, I took plenty of time and let everything load up...

Head to the tables and there is always at least one table thats "bugged" and i can't ever enter a game(random table each time); when I finally did get into a game it was just like you said...I was seated way back from the table not even in a chair and then negative bets start showing up.

On my last game attempt, I got in and seemed to be playing fine even though I was still seated in air back from the table. I was down to the last three players and was eliminated, When I exited the game it actually kept my cam frozen to the table and I could watch my avatar walk around similar to how you would freeze in the old avatar rating in the XI hub used to be. I ended up just leaving the space where my PS3 proceeded to freeze up and I had to do a restart.

This is not few and far between or the exception to the rule. This happens to a lot of people a large majority of the time. The space needs some serious maintenance to fix all these issues it's had since the very beginning...

I see that happen alot too. But I don't think it is so much the complex as it is sony's servers or both who knows. It seems like everytime someone does an update their are issues over the old issues and it just keeps getting worse.  Home should be able to handle almost any connection speed. except 512 mb. my speed is faster than DSL and I still can't play poker. The home servers need a overhaul more and more people are having problems, and they don't seem to be going away. Then when their are issues we have to wait 2 weeks before anything can be done about it.
Message 6 of 17 (28 Views)
PlayStation MVP
29198 posts

Aug 30, 2009
Hopefully we'll seem some improvement when 1.3 releases next month.
Message 7 of 17 (28 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
266 posts

Aug 30, 2009

JohnRKlein wrote:

Ok, I'm really trying to force myself to use Home. Texas holdem' seemed like a good start  for me.

So I spend 30mins+ mins just trying  to get into a table. Several times I was the first one up to table sitting there waiting. By the time the game is over, there where 10+ people and we all play the who can hit the x button the fastest. What the heck? Ever heard of queues so the first in line gets to play next?

After 30mins+ mins of trying to get on a table, I finally play. I notice that I'm sitting in a invisible chair. Then I notice people doing negative bets? Then the when it's just me and another player left, my PS3 freezes.

I log back in and again, 30mins+ of trying to get into a game. But this time I actually play a whole game. In fact, when that was over, it took me ONLY 20mins+ to get into another game. By this time it's about 1am. So I get into my 3rd game pretty easy and I get about half way through and my PS3 freezes again.

The Texas Holdem games are bugged so bad, it's not worth playing russian rulette for 20-30mins+ just to get onto a table where you have almost a 50% chance that the game will be bugged.. :smileysad: 

Ya there are a lot of bugs, I lost 20k in the black table because it froze when I was winning and pretty much just gave up on playing poker in home.
the_legacy69
Message 8 of 17 (28 Views)
Lombax Warrior
189 posts

Aug 30, 2009
i would say about 60%of games i play end up freezing.  EA needs to fix this.
Message 9 of 17 (28 Views)
Survivor
2570 posts

Aug 30, 2009

... why on earth are you "forcing" yourself. That sound kinda stupid. You either like an application or you don't. Who the hell forces themselves to use things they don't like for entertainment? It's not like it's your job or something.

Anyways, the EA tables have been having tech difficulties the past 2weeks. Hope they sort it out.

Message 10 of 17 (28 Views)