Survivor
2570 posts

Re: EA Poker Major Issues

Aug 30, 2009
.. plus, you dont HAVE TO wait to play cause could simply exit the space and re enter on a different server. The fact that the table are always full is just a testiment to how popular the space is.
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 17 (4 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
267 posts

Aug 30, 2009

Chubear, do you normally enter in thread just insult? The topic is about issues with EA's Texas Holdem. What's even more sad is I'm going to answer..

I forced myself to try Home again  because I was completely hyped about Home before the open beta. Then I saw how they gutted all the promised features that interested me so I left Home pretty quick. But.. Technially I paid for home just by buying a PS3 (A original 60Gig at that) and it frustrates me that I don't us it. If they would just release the promised features, I would be in Home all the time. And don't give the "but this is a beta" spill. They promised and demo'd these features to be basic functionas for all users. They even repromised them to be released I beleive spring of 2007.

I conviced my buddies to get ps3s also and they also tried Home once and said there wasn't anything in it for them also. Again, they are looking for the same features I am.

But, then I felt maybe the EA area may have something there. My buddies are also into Texas Holdem, so I thought this would be a good way for me and my buddies to get back into home. So I  "forced" myself to check it out only to be even more disapointed then when the open beta first started.

People like to say this is a free service.. But you and I flat out paid for it as the cost always flows down to the customer. Home was a major selling point for me and if it worked and had the features like the PR said it would, I would be happy.

I have 15 years experience in software engineering with a CS and EE degree. I can tell the difference between just a buggy application (Normal bugs during a product lifecycle) and quality issues (Crappy buggy code because of quality assurance), and Home has been the later.

My experience tells me they have to few people working on too many things at once. They need to step back and focus on major issues first, then move on. This always points back to lack of leadership.

BTW, suggesting bouncing instances doesn't make sense. Sony tries to keep each instance full to always make the environment active. So if there are 47 people in the instance I'm currently in, the odds are that I will bounce into another instance wth 47 people in it again.

This also shows the flaws of the kudo system. Kudo someone that personally insults people, but not someone reporting bugs to a application.. Briliant!

Message Edited by JohnRKlein on 08-30-2009 12:08 PM
Message Edited by JohnRKlein on 08-30-2009 12:13 PM
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 17 (4 Views)
Lombax Warrior
118 posts

Aug 30, 2009
I agree with you JohnR, paying for the more expensive console should entitle the owners to a lot more than the cheaper version offered by the competition.  Sony made a lot of promises when they originally hyped Home and most of these promises have not been kept.  QA is a major issue with home as far as I know there is no real QA going on at all, this needs to change pronto!  btw: I've got one of the original ps3's as well and it's been real frustrating waiting for sony to get its act together.  
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 17 (4 Views)
Sackboy
540 posts

Aug 30, 2009

JohnRKlein wrote:

Chubear, do you normally enter in thread just insult? The topic is about issues with EA's Texas Holdem. What's even more sad is I'm going to answer..

I forced myself to try Home again  because I was completely hyped about Home before the open beta. Then I saw how they gutted all the promised features that interested me so I left Home pretty quick. But.. Technially I paid for home just by buying a PS3 (A original 60Gig at that) and it frustrates me that I don't us it. If they would just release the promised features, I would be in Home all the time. And don't give the "but this is a beta" spill. They promised and demo'd these features to be basic functionas for all users. They even repromised them to be released I beleive spring of 2007.

I conviced my buddies to get ps3s also and they also tried Home once and said there wasn't anything in it for them also. Again, they are looking for the same features I am.

But, then I felt maybe the EA area may have something there. My buddies are also into Texas Holdem, so I thought this would be a good way for me and my buddies to get back into home. So I  "forced" myself to check it out only to be even more disapointed then when the open beta first started.

People like to say this is a free service.. But you and I flat out paid for it as the cost always flows down to the customer. Home was a major selling point for me and if it worked and had the features like the PR said it would, I would be happy.

I have 15 years experience in software engineering with a CS and EE degree. I can tell the difference between just a buggy application (Normal bugs during a product lifecycle) and quality issues (Crappy buggy code because of quality assurance), and Home has been the later.

My experience tells me they have to few people working on too many things at once. They need to step back and focus on major issues first, then move on. This always points back to lack of leadership.

BTW, suggesting bouncing instances doesn't make sense. Sony tries to keep each instance full to always make the environment active. So if there are 47 people in the instance I'm currently in, the odds are that I will bounce into another instance wth 47 people in it again.

This also shows the flaws of the kudo system. Kudo someone that personally insults people, but not someone reporting bugs to a application.. Briliant!

Message Edited by JohnRKlein on 08-30-2009 12:08 PM
Message Edited by JohnRKlein on 08-30-2009 12:13 PM

I agree 100% These issues go beyond the EA SPORTS  complex. I think EA puts out a quality product. But when you are trying to work with stability issues on sony's end their is only so much you can do. I think sony needs to stabalize there servers and look at the whole picture and fix these issues and then spaces like Ea complex can adjust and the problems will go away. Poker sends alot of information  to the servers the poker room talks to many servers at once. But in my case packets are being dropped. I have a fast enough speed but am unable to play poker.
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 17 (4 Views)
Lombax Warrior
118 posts

Aug 30, 2009
hehe so much for guaranteeing zero packet loss!   sony servers = FAIL!
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 17 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
540 posts

Aug 31, 2009

captnNay wrote:
hehe so much for guaranteeing zero packet loss!   sony servers = FAIL!

I can't speak for anybody but myself. Now I have talked to a few people in the green poker room and They are having the same problem I am I know in my case for a fact that packets are being dropped I can't say that is whats happening to the other people. I can't play at all haven't been able to play since aug 13th. Hopefully the 1.3 update will fix what ever is going on. and I think that is why I am always getting lost connection to the server errors But I am still connected to the psn. Their has been discussions on this subject of lost connection to server errors in the forums so I know alot of people are having that problem too.
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 17 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
55 posts

Aug 31, 2009
10:12 PM CST. red room center table next to buildings/outside. Table booted all players while bets were being placed. Players there, Paul16,phd1,J_Ceasar,CHUCKRULES10,Amarovip. Hokie was asleep standing next to the table.
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 17 (4 Views)
0 Likes