Sackboy
549 posts

Re: E-Mail invitation

May 2, 2007
So like basically you got yours same day (Apr.25th) but an hour later, or like yesterday when everyone was freakin? I just hope all the beta testers can make Home perfect for the rest of us. Kudos to you all...
Sorry about not quoting the guy above me, don't know how yet
stach
Message 11 of 18 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
74 posts

May 2, 2007

Stach wrote:
Anyone know if Canada and U.S. got invites too? Or was it all sent to EU accounts? I'm confused after reading all the other threads. Has anyone from these two countries RECIEVED an invite? I'm from canada

Yes, I'm a US resident, and I did receive an invite, sent by email on 25 April to the addy I have registered here on Playstation Underground.  I'm sure Canadian residents would  have received their invites the same way at the same time.

I had previously registered my PS3, probably last December when I bought it, so responding to the invite just required me to confirm my email addy and Playstation Network ID.  I have not yet received confirmation of my acceptance into the beta program.  So far as I know, no one in North America has yet received that email.

Don't fret too much about this.  I'm a GAP member, and have participated in another beta program in the past.  I was also invited to a beta program in the past, but not accepted.  It happens, though GAP members are usually given preference.

The only real advantage to beta testing Home, from a user's point of view, is that you get knowledge of how Home works before other users.  But a beta tester is not expected just to have fun with it.  He's expected to actually test the software, report bugs, and participate in discussions of how the service could be improved, etc.  You have to make a certain time-committment, and it's as much work as it is fun.

I expect that when a larger beta program opens up later in the year, the code will be more mature, and SCEE will be most interested in stress-testing home under a significant network load.

Even if you don't get into either beta program, Home will be a free download for you in the September-October timeframe, if there are no significant delays.  The advantage of waiting until then is that the system will be much more stable and reliable.  So all your hard work in building your avatar and your dwelling won't go to waste. 
Message 12 of 18 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4458 posts

May 2, 2007

Stach wrote:
Question, was the E-mail invitation sent to your PSU Message box? Or was it sent to your actual E-mail such as blahblah@hotmail.com . In some of the pictures I've seen of the invite.. I can see the PS3,PSP, and PS2 Board logo's at the top. Anyone confirm?

Great now I have to change my email address!!! thanks for posting it!!
RED-DOG

Photobucket
Message 13 of 18 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
91 posts

May 2, 2007
Stach i dont know how to quote either, so its cool haha, but i got it the day the invites got sent out (April 25th) but about an hour after some people got theirs.
---
Message 14 of 18 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
549 posts

May 2, 2007
Hey Milk, thanks for the info, appreciate it. Although I'm sure there's some that want to just have fun with Beta, and some that want to test it, I assure you that the only reason I wanted to Beta is because I've never once experienced a Beta test, and I had no intention of having fun, I wanted to literally test every aspect of the system that I could, to find any bugs, and try everything to make sure everything works. I play alot of games that are glitchy and would have loved the oppurtunity to fix that. As a Hardcore gamer, when I play games, I pplay them to the extreme, I always try anything and everything on a game. When I played FEAR, it took me 45 minutes to pass the first level cause I was going everywhere, shooting everything, and exploring everything. Same with Oblivion, I have found TONS of bugs in it since I've logged over 100 hours and have not yet got past 3 quests in a guilds, nor have I touched the Story Missions yet. I've only done 4 quests for NPC's. So you can see what I like to do with my time on games :smileytongue:

Nevertheless, there's always August and I'm not mad I didn't get in, I just needed cold hard facts of what happened.

BTW.. what is GAP? <--- newb question
stach
Message 15 of 18 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
74 posts

May 2, 2007

Stach wrote:
I have found TONS of bugs ...

Nevertheless, there's always August and I'm not mad I didn't get in, I just needed cold hard facts of what happened.

BTW.. what is GAP? <--- newb question

You sound exactly like the type of person who would be a good beta tester , so I hope you get a chance some time, if not on Home, on some other product.

GAP is Sony's Gamer Advisory Panel.  It's also invitation-only, so it comes sort of out of the blue.  I have no idea why they asked me, except perhaps that I bought a PSP on launch day, and have registered quite a few games.  But I participate even less on the (private) GAP forums that I do on these public ones.

BTW, to quote, you just push the button on the message editor which looks like a square balloon with double-quotes inside.  It's just to the left of the smiley button.  You can then edit the quoted material before you post.

Message 16 of 18 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
152 posts

May 3, 2007
I register on this site, but I did not get the invite
Message 17 of 18 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
323 posts

May 3, 2007
Stach, also one other note of confsion going on. EU is also holding their own Home Beta testing right now, so be aware of any information you read. US and Canad will have their own server and Beta testing session. Myself and some others on this board have already recieved the April 25th Welcome to Home email. We are now just patiently waiting for a confermation email as to when our ( US and Canada) Beta will start.

Also, just because you were a PSU member, and/or GAP memebr, and/or registered your PS products and games, did not automatically mean you got an invite. We dont know how many from this forum got the April 25th email, however it seems as it was just a small percentage. Which makes me feel good
PSN: Stink_fist
Free Image HostingFree Image Hosting
Message 18 of 18 (8 Views)
0 Likes