Reply
Gaming Beast
Registered: 06/24/2009
Offline
1947 posts
 

Re: Dust beta codes

Jun 6, 2012

@Wicked & everyone confused about the Beta keys: After doing all the requirements, the Recruiter is NOT who gives you the code. >.> Go figure, right? I was scared I somehow had screwed up...

To get the beta keys upon completion of prerequisits, go to the DUST Info screen beside the faction video 'nooks', and it will display your code to you. The room with the Recruiter has 6 lil screen sections, 4 are faction videos, 2 are info screens. The info screens give the codes, not the Recruiter.

Also, if someone wants a DUST beta key, I have 2 alts that I have no intention to get keys for. Message me over the PSN for possible trades.


I don't budlist-add on forums, and blank PSN requests get ignored!
Missing Rewards -over a year old, still never fixed! 3-4 months worth of items still MIA.
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 161 (13 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 10/20/2011
Offline
666 posts
 

Re: Dust beta codes

Jun 6, 2012

This game is insanely hard, but I plan on going back on it tonight, I'm not leaving the Dust space without a code, I'm actually planning on buying the game after all.

 photo GTATRev_zps799b324e.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 161 (13 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 01/13/2012
Offline
162 posts
 

Re: Dust beta codes

Jun 6, 2012

anyone know how to get that dropship companion? a guy there told me that the code was in the PSN store but all thats there are 3 videos and a wallpaper and after downloading all them i saw no redeem code for the  ???

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 161 (13 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 04/04/2012
Offline
273 posts
 

Re: Dust beta codes

Jun 6, 2012

I think its for downloading the game when its out

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 161 (13 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 01/13/2012
Offline
162 posts
 

Re: Dust beta codes

Jun 6, 2012

i got the client code...the Mordu's Private Trials.

downloading it now...54ish% through.

i signed up for beta test on their website earlier this morning but got this code from the Dust space in Home.

the code was right there in the last little computer screen on the right just past the recruiter.

i will post once i have downloaded so all know what it is

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 161 (13 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 06/24/2009
Offline
1947 posts
 

Re: Dust beta codes

Jun 6, 2012

IE_m0nkeyb0y wrote:

anyone know how to get that dropship companion? a guy there told me that the code was in the PSN store but all thats there are 3 videos and a wallpaper and after downloading all them i saw no redeem code for the  ???

I'm curious about this as well, the posters and the entry-popup mention "Download DUST Client for a Home companion" stuff. But only thing to download so far is the beta if you get a code, and videos.

Anybody fully-installed the Beta, played some, then got on Home to see if they got anything?


I don't budlist-add on forums, and blank PSN requests get ignored!
Missing Rewards -over a year old, still never fixed! 3-4 months worth of items still MIA.
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 161 (13 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 03/12/2009
Online
3588 posts
 

Re: Dust beta codes

Jun 6, 2012

the_original_se wrote:

the game is haaaaard. i had to play on multiple maps to see which one offered the best advantage. i wound up winning on the 9th(?) or second to last map on the top row.

the most important thing you need to do in the game is to try and obtain spaces. dont focus on destroying the enemy units.

the best thing to do is to try and split up the enemies regions. the bigger the region the more money they get, the more money they get the stronger the troops they can make. so if you cut a region in half they cant make strong troops, and if youre lucky you will lower their cash so much that their higher level troops get destroyed.

and to get your beta code once youve won and watched the videos, go tho the screen area that says "Dust 514" to the top right of the Recruiter. a screen will pop up with the code that you redeem in the PS Store.

Last 6 purchased games

Good advice! I just won on the second map, and it took over an hour. It is very slow going!  It took me a while to figure out that if I just split larger troops from their base, they would die before they could attack.

lol I left after I won to chec out the suit without even looking for a beta key. I got in the beta last friday, so that's not a big deal.

what I found:

  1. Try and keep your main base deep inside of safe territory before leaving it unguarded. Early on leaving a second level troop next to it will preent almost any attacks. Do not move this guy until your base is at least three hexagons deep in cover.
  2. Secure your area and work out from there a bit at a time. trying not to leave your troops in positions where they can be cut off from your main base.
  3. Take "bites" out of the area when you safely can by encircling it so you are fragmenting enemy bases. This works especially well in choke points between lands, and along the outer edges.
  4. Use the other enimies to block off any one that is growing too rapidly. Enemy land works just as well as yours to cut the enemy territory into chunks.
  5. Like SE said, don't fight large enemies head on. Isolate them from their base and lack of money will destroy them. If you are progressing methodically, it should only take three or so ground troops to isolate and kill them.
  6. To destroy a base, cut it off leaving only one enemy hexagon next to it, then ill the base. This should prevent it from becoming a terrorist.
  7. Get rid of terrorists as quickly as possible on your area before they are able to reproduce. They will destroy your income very rapidly if left alone.
  8. Link bases as often as you can to pool resources.
  9. Most of all, take it slow. Know where you are heading before you start building in a direction.
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 161 (13 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 03/12/2009
Online
3588 posts
 

Re: Dust beta codes

Jun 6, 2012

Crazy-88 wrote:

IE_m0nkeyb0y wrote:

anyone know how to get that dropship companion? a guy there told me that the code was in the PSN store but all thats there are 3 videos and a wallpaper and after downloading all them i saw no redeem code for the  ???

I'm curious about this as well, the posters and the entry-popup mention "Download DUST Client for a Home companion" stuff. But only thing to download so far is the beta if you get a code, and videos.

Anybody fully-installed the Beta, played some, then got on Home to see if they got anything?


See this thing ^^^? Gettin alot of Forum-requests... look me up on PSN, not on here.
http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/3402531 <- Login/MissingItems issues, over 6 month old problem still never fixed! 3-4 months worth of items still unreturned as of current.

I was already in the beta, so I am not sure. It may be for that, but it may be for watching the video at the dust kiosk in the E3 space. It's in the booth beside the statue

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 161 (13 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 07/18/2010
Online
819 posts
 

Re: Dust beta codes

Jun 6, 2012

tdarb wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

the game is haaaaard. i had to play on multiple maps to see which one offered the best advantage. i wound up winning on the 9th(?) or second to last map on the top row.

the most important thing you need to do in the game is to try and obtain spaces. dont focus on destroying the enemy units.

the best thing to do is to try and split up the enemies regions. the bigger the region the more money they get, the more money they get the stronger the troops they can make. so if you cut a region in half they cant make strong troops, and if youre lucky you will lower their cash so much that their higher level troops get destroyed.

and to get your beta code once youve won and watched the videos, go tho the screen area that says "Dust 514" to the top right of the Recruiter. a screen will pop up with the code that you redeem in the PS Store.

Last 6 purchased games

Good advice! I just won on the second map, and it took over an hour. It is very slow going!  It took me a while to figure out that if I just split larger troops from their base, they would die before they could attack.

lol I left after I won to chec out the suit without even looking for a beta key. I got in the beta last friday, so that's not a big deal.

what I found:

  1. Try and keep your main base deep inside of safe territory before leaving it unguarded. Early on leaving a second level troop next to it will preent almost any attacks. Do not move this guy until your base is at least three hexagons deep in cover.
  2. Secure your area and work out from there a bit at a time. trying not to leave your troops in positions where they can be cut off from your main base.
  3. Take "bites" out of the area when you safely can by encircling it so you are fragmenting enemy bases. This works especially well in choke points between lands, and along the outer edges.
  4. Use the other enimies to block off any one that is growing too rapidly. Enemy land works just as well as yours to cut the enemy territory into chunks.
  5. Like SE said, don't fight large enemies head on. Isolate them from their base and lack of money will destroy them. If you are progressing methodically, it should only take three or so ground troops to isolate and kill them.
  6. To destroy a base, cut it off leaving only one enemy hexagon next to it, then ill the base. This should prevent it from becoming a terrorist.
  7. Get rid of terrorists as quickly as possible on your area before they are able to reproduce. They will destroy your income very rapidly if left alone.
  8. Link bases as often as you can to pool resources.
  9. Most of all, take it slow. Know where you are heading before you start building in a direction.

Thank you both for the gameply advice-extremely helpful!

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 161 (13 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 06/24/2009
Offline
1947 posts
 

Re: Dust beta codes

Jun 6, 2012

tdarb wrote:

Crazy-88 wrote:

IE_m0nkeyb0y wrote:

anyone know how to get that dropship companion? a guy there told me that the code was in the PSN store but all thats there are 3 videos and a wallpaper and after downloading all them i saw no redeem code for the  ???

I'm curious about this as well, the posters and the entry-popup mention "Download DUST Client for a Home companion" stuff. But only thing to download so far is the beta if you get a code, and videos.

Anybody fully-installed the Beta, played some, then got on Home to see if they got anything?

I was already in the beta, so I am not sure. It may be for that, but it may be for watching the video at the dust kiosk in the E3 space. It's in the booth beside the statue

IN the DUST space itself, you get a popup when you first enter about the beta keys, some stuff, and a companion, that is also on posters around the space. To obtain the companion it mentions downloading a DUST "Client" of some sort, but lacks clarification. Wether or not this client is out, hidden, or otherwise is what myself and others are wondering, as it mentions downloads, not the E3 spaces, which are already required for the E3 Pass Tshirt, and in the DUST Space, the beta keys.


I don't budlist-add on forums, and blank PSN requests get ignored!
Missing Rewards -over a year old, still never fixed! 3-4 months worth of items still MIA.
Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 161 (13 Views)
Reply
0 Likes