24 posts

Re: Dr. Pepper MiniGame

[ Edited ]
May 2, 2013

Icinq wrote:

lauranichole25 wrote:
:smileysurprised:
Icinq wrote:

The reward may not be male only, but the game sure appears that way. I think it's a very sexist and homophobic game. Since when has Dr.Pepper started this new ad campaign to appeal to men only? So basically what they're saying here is I can't drink Dr.Pepper because its a manly drink, and I'm a woman. Don't these companies realize that it's not only men or teenage boys playing on Home?

Oooo! ya wanna play this game huh? me too then! How is the game homophobic? the campaign add says its "not for women"..so i guess your idea of gay men is that they're all prancy, flamey "women" that can't enjoy a soda for men? i imagine that gay men fill every niche in society just like straight men do...a gay lumber jack? sure why not? gay mma fighter? sure...pro athlete...yup! maybe instead of coming up with pretend grievances you should be happy Dr. Pepper was kind enough to advertise in playstation home. :smileysurprised:

_
Don't get mad at me just because I'm a female with an actual brain. And I happen to know guys who ride scooters. Some are gay and saome aren't. So does that mean they aren't "manly" enough to drink Dr.Pepper or play the game? I even know some men who carry a man purse, so I guess they can't play the game either right? Maybe your place is to let the male society objectify you. But don't get angry at another female if she has an opinion and a conscience and feels the need to speak up.

Oh! Oh! But you're getting upset instead of laughing about it. Can't you take a joke? I mean, what's funnier than dissing everyone in the world who isn't a ridiculous stereotype of American notions of manliness? :smileyvery-happy:

It's "edgy" and "ironic" and you're just spoiling everyone's fun by having your own feelings about it instead of doing what their marketers want you to. Which, apparently, is "don't buy Dr. Pepper if you aren't a guy who is really really insecure in his gender identity."

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go tie pink ribbons around every Dr. Pepper bottle in the store. Manliness is so easily rendered ... impotent!

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 80 (367 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
24 posts

[ Edited ]
May 2, 2013

lauranichole25 wrote:

instead of coming up with pretend grievances you should be happy Dr. Pepper was kind enough to advertise in playstation home. :smileysurprised:

Boy, I sure am glad Sony lets people diss every girl (and guy who's not insecure) on PlayStation Home if they spend enough money to do so. :smileyhappy:

FEAR MY PINK AVATAR, IT SPREADS COOTIES.

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 80 (362 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2323 posts

May 2, 2013
I find the LMO to be hilarious. Now there are Dr pepper vending machines all over home.
mvpbluesigTheJLC.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 80 (354 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1586 posts

May 2, 2013
The LMO is pretty funny! I've been watching Dr. Pepper machines run around the park for a while now lol
 photo 2013_Forum_Sig.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 80 (347 Views)
MVP Support
6875 posts

May 2, 2013

I find the Dr. Pepper mini-game to be fun and the LMO reward to be the best. I wish events like this would happen more often with more unique rewards than the ones we had in the past like the Winter 2012 event where we had just simple masks.

I figured the Dr. Pepper LMO reward isn't a male-only reward since avatars of both genders can use the item to their choosing.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 80 (344 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
769 posts

May 2, 2013

Icinq wrote:

lauranichole25 wrote:
:smileysurprised:
Icinq wrote:

The reward may not be male only, but the game sure appears that way. I think it's a very sexist and homophobic game. Since when has Dr.Pepper started this new ad campaign to appeal to men only? So basically what they're saying here is I can't drink Dr.Pepper because its a manly drink, and I'm a woman. Don't these companies realize that it's not only men or teenage boys playing on Home?

Oooo! ya wanna play this game huh? me too then! How is the game homophobic? the campaign add says its "not for women"..so i guess your idea of gay men is that they're all prancy, flamey "women" that can't enjoy a soda for men? i imagine that gay men fill every niche in society just like straight men do...a gay lumber jack? sure why not? gay mma fighter? sure...pro athlete...yup! maybe instead of coming up with pretend grievances you should be happy Dr. Pepper was kind enough to advertise in playstation home. :smileysurprised:

_
Don't get mad at me just because I'm a female with an actual brain. And I happen to know guys who ride scooters. Some are gay and saome aren't. So does that mean they aren't "manly" enough to drink Dr.Pepper or play the game? I even know some men who carry a man purse, so I guess they can't play the game either right? Maybe your place is to let the male society objectify you. But don't get angry at another female if she has an opinion and a conscience and feels the need to speak up.

Oh boy! Ok..lets see...

1. Scooters? i dunno what that has to do with anything.

2. "man purse"... yeah the Europeans have been doing it for years...i myself carry a "man wallet"...but that doesnt make me manly its just practicle as i can carry my id and credit cards in my back pocket (super mario wallet...super cool)

3. "let male society objectify me"...thats a BIG can of worms that i could never get into here...lets just say feminist theory encompases every point of view you can imagine from male dominated society to female driven self-objectification...and lets not forget male objectification...anyways literally thousands of books..and contradicting ideas.

lets listen to Jewel here and accept what everyone (including you) understands...its kitche advertising. i know you get it because you "have a brain" and you played the game...if it offended you then you took it literaly and that would mean that the way you undestand it...only "manly men" are welcome to the soda in question. since the commercial features a bearded man that eats bark and wrastles bears then nobody is manly enough for DP10 and we are all being descriminated against.

P.S. Im not angry at you, I love you! I like arguing. it entertains me...and most of the posts here are boring.

P.S. P.S. your not AbysmalDawna are you:smileywink:? I only ask because shes dissapeared from the forums, and she writes similar and yall have the same avatar.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 80 (329 Views)
Gaming Beast
1947 posts

May 2, 2013

Seriously people? Gender squabbles over machismo marketing? Don't let the thread get locked because you have a problem with sodas trying to get more men interested in diet drinks. :/

The LMO reward is awesome, but what interests me is how there's another game "Coming Soon", if the first game gives a cool LMO, maybe the 2nd game will give something even better. It also makes a great idle 'costume' so people can't try and troll an avatar, for that it'll never go into my storage, so I can just pop out a vending machine when I'm afk. lol

I don't budlist-add on forums, and blank PSN requests get ignored!
Missing Rewards -over a year old, still never fixed! 3-4 months worth of items still MIA.
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 80 (315 Views)
Wastelander
631 posts

May 2, 2013

KarateChampChad wrote:
I liked the part where I shot the Dr.Pepper can and it said something along the lines of "Dr.Pepper Ten is already MANIFIED, you LOSE". I was like "Lol screw you videogame"

Actually, Dr. Pepper 10 Manified is Coca Cola Classic! Screw you Dr. Pepper and your crappy drink! ...................... Just kidding .............Maybe.

I hope in the next mission you unlock that outfit that spy guy next to the vending machine, in separate pieces of course.

Antonio Xul
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 80 (310 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11298 posts

May 2, 2013

TheJLC wrote:
I find the LMO to be hilarious. Now there are Dr pepper vending machines all over home.

Might be the Vending Machines are taking over that world. also beating the Darleks

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 80 (304 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
199 posts

May 2, 2013
I'll admit that I tried real hard to not be disturbed at shooting ladylike items. But it's sad that I had to try. Misogyny on the Internet has gotten out of hand, but it is starting to get pathetic at this point.
It is funny that the ladybug turns into a scorpion and I've known few men not scared of arachnids, yet I'd love a pet scorpion. I'm surprised that they didn't have you shoot a cat to turn it into a dog. Lame stereotypes.
Just be glad that in general the Internet finds this ad campaign a failed attempt at copying the tongue-in-cheek machismo humor that Old Spice got right. It has the same affect as written sarcasm that nobody gets ^_~
I do enjoy the LMO and I appreciate them for that. They need to stick to their sillier ideas. When the game is gone everybody will be laughing at vending machines and forget the misogyny in the game.
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 80 (298 Views)
0 Likes