Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Lombax Warrior
163 posts

Re: Dont Think Im Gonna Get A Place In Home Beta :(

Apr 9, 2007
Why are they only keepin the first Beta to only 15,000 users?  Basically only some lucky ones that are checking it at the right time will be able to get in.  For those people that have programs that send them an email when something has changed, it may take too long for them to receive that email before it is full.  They should just open the entire thing this month.  That would be fair for everyone that wants to get in.
Grand Theft Auto IV
Message 11 of 20 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3640 posts

Apr 9, 2007

**bleep**Vader wrote:

chadster wrote:

Big_Man_G wrote:
Ive seen all the threads about home beta and ive seen all the people waiting for beta to open, people refreshing the beta site constantly and so on, now im not 2 sure im gonna get a spot, because i dont regulary check the beta site and when it does come to the sign ups they will probably be in the american times and in england it will probably be like 1.00am or some thing, Any ways im gona still try and get a spot, just go on the internet @ a lucky time

The chances of you not getting a spot are very likely. They're only allowing 15,000 spots in the closed beta, not including developers, etc. Those spots will get eaten up before you know it when the beta goes live. A lot of the people that are constatly refreshing their pages will not get spots either, just the lucky few :smileytongue:

The closed beta will be invite only. So there will be no "line" or "que".

Link?

Do not peel an Orange with a knife.
I've always got my flamesuit on.
3000th post made on 07-25-2009 08:42 PM
How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood? 47.
Message 12 of 20 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
240 posts

Apr 9, 2007
Yeah,  I hope I get a chance to check it out..... That would be cool.....  But of course, I'm not holding my breath... slim chance .... if you know what I mean.....

See Ya,

Message Edited by Cobra Girl on 04-09-2007 02:16 PM
Message 13 of 20 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
386 posts

Apr 9, 2007
Perspective people.. perspective.

2-3million PS3 users.. 15,000 spots in the closed beta. The odds are stacked against you getting in. Especially if you consider many of those slots will be invitation only, media, and others.

I wouldn't read anything into getting in or not getting into beta. 
Message 14 of 20 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Rux
Treasure Hunter
5135 posts

Apr 9, 2007

consolecrusader wrote:
I think all the people who are refreshing all day will say "ok enough taking 2 hour break" and in that break Beta opens....now that would be comical.

Lol, I'll laugh so hard when that happens
Message 15 of 20 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
186 posts

Apr 9, 2007
In the GDC video of Home, Phil mentions the 'Large-Scale' beta this month. That could mean that it could quite possibly be a pretty large beta. He also mentioned that they were already doing the private beta. No where on the Home Beta Trial site do I see 15,000 people will be able to sign up.. where do you people get those numbers?
PSN: aoxd_ I accept all friend requests!

Message 16 of 20 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
23949 posts

Apr 10, 2007

**bleep**Vader wrote:

chadster wrote:

Big_Man_G wrote:
Ive seen all the threads about home beta and ive seen all the people waiting for beta to open, people refreshing the beta site constantly and so on, now im not 2 sure im gonna get a spot, because i dont regulary check the beta site and when it does come to the sign ups they will probably be in the american times and in england it will probably be like 1.00am or some thing, Any ways im gona still try and get a spot, just go on the internet @ a lucky time

The chances of you not getting a spot are very likely. They're only allowing 15,000 spots in the closed beta, not including developers, etc. Those spots will get eaten up before you know it when the beta goes live. A lot of the people that are constatly refreshing their pages will not get spots either, just the lucky few :smileytongue:

"Keep checking back on this site to register an interest in taking part in an exclusive closed Beta Trial of Home™"

IKAROS wrote:
In the GDC video of Home, Phil mentions the 'Large-Scale' beta this month. That could mean that it could quite possibly be a pretty large beta. He also mentioned that they were already doing the private beta. No where on the Home Beta Trial site do I see 15,000 people will be able to sign up.. where do you people get those numbers?

It's not on the Beta site, it's here.

Q: What is the timeline for rollout?
Closed Beta (appx. 15,000 users): April - August
Open Beta (appx. 50,000 users): August - October
Service Live (50,000+): October

- DoubleOSpoon
Message 17 of 20 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
293 posts

Apr 10, 2007
dont forget guys if we miss this one, their going to have another sign up during the summer
Message 18 of 20 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1903 posts

Apr 10, 2007
theyre going to probably randomly select it anyways
I've had my PS3 since launch, suck it.

20GB PS3 (Upgraded to 80GB) Wish List = GOW III, Drake's 2, GT5, MAG
Message 19 of 20 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Rux
Treasure Hunter
5135 posts

Apr 10, 2007

chadster wrote:

**bleep**Vader wrote:

chadster wrote:

Big_Man_G wrote:

"Keep checking back on this site to register an interest in taking part in an exclusive closed Beta Trial of Home™"

Yeah, if it was invite only, it would be along the lines of "Keep checking your email for the opportunity of taking part in an exclusive closed Beta Trial of Home™"
Message 20 of 20 (27 Views)
0 Likes