Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 28 2013
By: ALIEN-gunner Hekseville Citizen 320 posts

Does Atom Republic know their machines are busted?

9 replies 326 views Edited Apr 28, 2013

Their lmo's have been pretty disapointing from their misplaced handle bars on the hover bikes to the missing flying animation on the mechs. But now their lightspeed bikes are the worse offenders. Not only can other people NOT see the light trails, or the "flare" animated wings on the back, but the freaking wheels don't even spin. Only the owner can see these things. To the rest of us their bikes look like statues moving around. It's comical. 

ジャーマン ・ウォリア
Message 1 of 10 (326 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1163 posts

Re: Does Atom Republic know their machines are busted?

Apr 28, 2013
Unfortunately, quite a few of the LMOs out on Home have features only the owner can see, and not only those made by Atom Republic. Examples include the exhaust on one of the recent motorcycle sets, and the hearts on Granzella's love bike. I don't think we've ever been given a reason for it being done, I can only guess so many effects going on at once would lag up the server.
Message 2 of 10 (319 Views)
Welcoming Committee
4867 posts

Apr 28, 2013
Welcome to Home! XD
Legendary_Vicki's SigLegendary_Vicki   Welcoming Committee v2.0 

Message 3 of 10 (319 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1992 posts

Apr 28, 2013
I think many of Atom Republics locomotion items have been quite nice, he actually does a good job on a lot of them.

Unfortunately the case with many locomotions is that some have distinct features only owners can see, so it kind of can't be dealt with. :catsad:

Thank you for bringing the issues of the lightspeeder and the non moving wheels to attention though, it is disappointing to hear others can't see the wheels spin.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 4 of 10 (314 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
320 posts

Apr 28, 2013

LOL @ welcome to Home, I've been using it for over 2 years!

I can understand other users not seeing some of the effects but the wheel spin is inexcusable. I like the design of the lightspeed bikes, the white one is very pretty but no wheel spin means a no sale. Glad I saw someone using them or it would be 4 bucks down the drain. 

ジャーマン ・ウォリア
Message 5 of 10 (296 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
568 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 28, 2013

after i got the exomech and saw how basically only a default avatar fits in it, and the odd animation with the handles sliding up and down your hands when you walk i decided to to get anything from them again.

they have good ideas but they are poorly executed

Message 6 of 10 (279 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
269 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 28, 2013

Not only visuals but sounds as well.  No one but the owner can hear the annoying chime from GZs valentine heart bike and the flying broom.  Everyone should enjoy the annoying chime. :smileyhappy:

Message 7 of 10 (259 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4245 posts

Apr 28, 2013

It seems as a general rule I've noticed is these special animations are only viewable by owner unless they are on the drop down R1 menu, like konami's dragons that shoot fireballs.

Message 8 of 10 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Atom Republic Developer
39 posts

May 7, 2013

Hi Alien Gunner,

I'm sorry to have disappointed you, but there is a memory limitation to what other users can see remotely: that goes for all portable items: LMOs, avatar animations and companions. Which means all animations can't be displayed remotely, the behaviours need to be simplified, and the sounds and particles are only seen locally.

I tried to animate the wheels, remotely but it's a complex animation the Lightspeeder has: the tail flaps open, the wheels turn, and the light trail expands. Those 3 anims happen independently. Unfortunately I couln't find a way to display this behaviour remotely, even with the help of  Sony's technical support.

If more people complain about this issue, I'll see if I can bo back and figure out something for an update, if it can be fixed at all. But TBH I already spend a good few days on this and couldn't figure this out back then.

Thank you for your understanding,

Tanguy

Message 9 of 10 (153 Views)
Wastelander
627 posts

May 7, 2013
Wow Atom Republic! Nice customer service...I admire that.
Message 10 of 10 (119 Views)
0 Likes