Apr 30 2007
By: TristanMike Wastelander 781 posts

Do you think this would stop someone from being accepted ?

24 replies 19 views Edited Apr 30, 2007
Let's say that your name is "Robert" but everyone calls you Bob. One day, "Robert" decides to sign up for the Playstation Underground but instead of using Robert, he chooses "Bob" as his name.  Then one day, Robert/Bob gets an email for Beta testing Home, which isn't actually addressed to him...and when the registration asks his name, out of excitement, he writes "Robert". Everything else is the same, his email, his PSN ID, even his home address, he just used his FULL name as opposed to the short one everyone else uses.

The question: Do you think that Robert has just screwed himself out of a Beta Test ?
Shame On Sony
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 25 (19 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Re: Do you think this would stop someone from being accepted ?

Apr 30, 2007
I think the real question should be, are you thinking too much about this?
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 25 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3738 posts

Apr 30, 2007

TristanMike wrote:
Let's say that your name is "Robert" but everyone calls you Bob. One day, "Robert" decides to sign up for the Playstation Underground but instead of using Robert, he chooses "Bob" as his name.  Then one day, Robert/Bob gets an email for Beta testing Home, which isn't actually addressed to him...and when the registration asks his name, out of excitement, he writes "Robert". Everything else is the same, his email, his PSN ID, even his home address, he just used his FULL name as opposed to the short one everyone else uses.

The question: Do you think that Robert has just screwed himself out of a Beta Test ?

If "Bob" used "Bob" as his first name when signing up for PSU and didn't go to My Account (http://www.us.playstation.com/MyAccount) and changed his contact preferences before the closed beta, "Bob" has screwed himself outta that one. But if "Bob" changed it to "Robert" now, he might not screw himself self outta future betas. :hint
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 25 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1589 posts

Apr 30, 2007
Ha ha now we know that your first name is Robert.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 25 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
200 posts

Apr 30, 2007
You mean like if someones name was Micheal... and they used "Mike" instead?
LOL!!! I think you should be ok. A last name should match up, as well as the email address. Thats whats important. So I think...
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 25 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
465 posts

Apr 30, 2007
I think Sony knows Robert and Bob are the same... The beta testers will be hand picked, unlike the invites.

Message Edited by Tsukaru on 04-30-2007 11:55 AM
640GB PS3 Slim

Get your Portable ID!
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 25 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2639 posts

Apr 30, 2007

TristanMike wrote:

Your freind, wouldnt happen to be you would it?
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 25 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
78 posts

Apr 30, 2007
I don't think there will much of a difference.  Sony knows names like William (Billy) or Micheal to Mike.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 25 (19 Views)
0 Likes
cce
Uncharted Territory
1665 posts

Apr 30, 2007

Tsukaru wrote:
I think Sony knows Robert and Bob are the same... The beta testers will be hand picked, unlike the invites.

Message Edited by Tsukaru on 04-30-2007 11:55 AM

i dont think they will be handpicked.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 25 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6879 posts

Apr 30, 2007
Wow this beta is making people think too much.
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 25 (19 Views)
0 Likes