Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 19 2012
By: Bobsfed Fender Bender 2992 posts

Do you make your Home avatar look like yourself?

35 replies 1212 views Edited Jul 19, 2012

I made my avatar look almost exactly like me. I'm not really that great to look at and I'm fat. But I just don't want to fake what I really look like. I want people to know the real me. I've got some unflattering comments from kids on there but that doesn't deter me because I'm comfortable with who I am. Plus I'm not looking to attract anyone lol. But I see a lot of avatars on home that look like super models or body builders but I somehow don't think they really are lol. I also see a lot of avatars in kooky costumes like it's halloween or something. That's ok because I occasionally dress up in costumes too. But does anyone else base their avatars on themselves?

bobs fed signature
Message 1 of 36 (1,212 Views)
Sackboy
598 posts

Re: Do you make your Home avatar look like yourself?

Jul 19, 2012
Not really. I'm often a robot, samurai, hologram, or some other such thing. In human form, I guess my avatar vaguely looks like me, but I'm not going to the trouble of sculpting the face or body.
Message 2 of 36 (1,208 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
668 posts

Jul 19, 2012

I tried when I first got on to make my avatar look a bit like me. That effort lasted about 10 minutes...

I too found cool avatars/costumes that I liked but don't represent me at all (Bon Mucho!) so kind of gave up on it. I don't use my female version although I understand that "playing both sides" of your avatar is popular in some segments (i.e. Clancying).

I'm not sure how I feel about a system that takes a real picture and then creates a "virtual you". From one side it's neat to recognize yourself, but it restricts your creativity and poses some privacy issues as well.

Message 3 of 36 (1,200 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3168 posts

Jul 19, 2012

I spent A LOT of time crafting my avatar to look like me, as I think that makes the most sense (but to each their own).  When I went home for Christmas and was on the PS3 at my parents, my mother walked by without knowing what Home is and was like "wow, that looks just like you." So mission accomplished I guess. However, I will state that I don't have a pet brachiosaurus following me around irl.

Message 4 of 36 (1,174 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6103 posts

Jul 19, 2012

I have been in HOME for 4 years. At first I did make an avatar that looked like me. But I got bored with that after a few months. In Playstation HOME you can be almost anything that you want to be. I am myself in real life, why would I want to be myself in Playstation Home? I have many different avatars in HOME now, none of them look like me. I am a Moose or a Frog King or a Fat Old Man in a Diaper. For me Playstation Home is like the movie "Total Recall". Playstation Home is a chance for me to take a vacation from being myself.

T4Hgj.jpg

Here's symbols to copy & paste into your friends list comment. ℡ № ª
⇒⇔ ¹ ² ³ ® ™ ‰ © ½ ¼ ¾ ←↑→↓ψ † ‡ ※♪♭♯★ ☆▲▼△▽◆ ◇ ○ ◎ ● ■ □ 回 〓 √∞♂♀ 웃 유
Ω ①②③④⑤⑥⑦⑧⑨⑩⑪⑫⑬⑭⑮⑯⑰⑱⑲⑳ ㎎ ㎏ ㎜ ㎝ ㎞ ㎡ ㏄ ≒ Æ æ η α β ε α₩£ ≡ » « ¶ † εïз ∵
∴ #’〈 〉《 》「」『 』【 】〔 〕ミ 彡 ッ シ!#@ $ %
&()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz[\
]^_`{|}~¢£ㄻ ㄼ ㄽ ㄾ ㄿ ㅁ ㅂ ㅄ ㅅ ㅆ ㅇ ㅈ ㅊ ㅋ ㅌ ㅍ ㅎㄱ 을 ㄺ卍∃⊥ ∀ Ξ Σ Π 文 ≒≠ ≡≦
≧ⅠⅡⅢ Ⅳ Ⅴ Ⅵ Ⅶ Ⅷ Ⅸ Ⅹ ⅰ ⅱ ⅲ ⅳ ⅴ ⅵ ⅶ ⅷ ⅸ ⅹ¬ ̄ ±∂∩∀∇∠∧∨∩∪∫∬⊂⊃⊥⊿⌒─│┌┐└┘├┤┬┴┼─
━│┃┌┏ ┐┓└┗ ┘┛├┝┠┣ ┤┥┨┫┬ ┯ ┰ ┳ ┴ ┷ ┸ ┻ ┼ ┿ ╂ ╋
Message 5 of 36 (1,155 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
329 posts

Jul 19, 2012

Mine looks a lot like me but its not exact because I can't find the right hair or beard but its close enough.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There is a powerful driving force within every human being that once unleashed can make any vision, dream or desire a reality.
Message 6 of 36 (1,130 Views)
Survivor
1922 posts

Jul 19, 2012

The avatar customization tools are nowhere near complex enough to replicate the image of a real person. I also tried when I first started, and soon realized it was impossible. I settled for something close, but if my mom saw my avatar she would not recognize it as me. And I'm only referring to the face. The body shapes are way to limited to duplicate the incredibly huge variety of shapes that exist in the world. I presume that no avatar in home looks like the user. Just compare what you see in home to what you see in reality. I would expect to see the world filled with Barbie and Ken dolls all in their early 20s...   but no. :womanlol:

Message 7 of 36 (1,118 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1398 posts

Jul 20, 2012
Yes and it has taken me forever...
Message 8 of 36 (1,067 Views)
Fender Bender
3994 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 21, 2012

No, my avatar looks nothing like me XD.

Message 9 of 36 (1,025 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Jul 20, 2012

YES I DO!  BE TRUE!

Message 10 of 36 (1,003 Views)