"Do you remember what today is , Jack?"
Please use plain text.
Message 51 of 80 (327 Views)
Splicer
80 posts

Re: Do you have a "trademark" item?

May 16, 2013
the plus purple popup or ngear lmo
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/media/gallerypage/image-id/199383i2EDF8A39B38745FD
Please use plain text.
Message 52 of 80 (325 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3021 posts

May 16, 2013

Once upon a time, it was the bunny ears for me.  Lately except for a new item here and there, I've been trying to find lesser used items I have and wearing those.

Please use plain text.
Message 53 of 80 (314 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
80 posts

May 16, 2013
Hi hi cg
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/media/gallerypage/image-id/199383i2EDF8A39B38745FD
Please use plain text.
Message 54 of 80 (300 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
133 posts

May 16, 2013

My trademark item has been the Valkyrie Helmet originally only available through a voucher issued at ComicCon in 2009. Would always wear it in the EA poker room while playing poker. If you haven't seen it before - look below at my signature. I'm wearing it in the picture taken in Club Fight Night several years ago.

Please use plain text.
Message 55 of 80 (292 Views)
PlayStation Community Manager
2875 posts

[ Edited ]
May 16, 2013

I have a question for you all—

Has your personal life had a direct influence on your meta life (your virtual appearance in Home) or vice versa?

It has for me. When I first made my avatar, I went with the hot pink hair because blond looked boring (i'm a medium-light blond in real life, depending on how much sun I've had lately). Fast forward from 2008-E3 2010 and the community began chatting things like, "Oooh! I wonder/hope he looks like that in RL!" It was so strong a message that I decided to go for it. 

Within the first hour of E3 opening that year, some folks snapped pics of me with it, and it was all over our forums. I guess the chore of bleaching, and dying was worth it. :smileyvery-happy:

I maintained the hot pink hair in RL for about 3 solid years. I retired it before PAX Prime last fall, but I think I might revive it again for this year's E3. Kudos this post if you wanna' see it return! 

(which ties in to my question—has your real life been influenced by your Home life or vice-versa?)

Please use plain text.
Message 56 of 80 (282 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3113 posts

May 16, 2013
Home has definitely encouraged me to wear more blazers and shirts IRL. I normally rocked a shirt and casual pants and Home sort of made me take it up a notch. I really don't do tshirts very much now except during hot weather or indoors.

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

Please use plain text.
Message 57 of 80 (266 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
133 posts

May 16, 2013
It was your pink hair that helped me locate you at Comic Con a few years ago - I still picture you with it even though you have since retired it. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 58 of 80 (266 Views)
PlayStation MVP
1159 posts

May 16, 2013
@Glass

This is something I haven't really shared publicly before, just with really close friends, but what have I got to lose? When I first started Home I played a male avatar (i'm male for anyone who didn't know) for a couple months but eventually switched over to almost full-time female avatar. In real life I crossdress, as I love womens clothing and have since I was a pre-teen. Playing as a female avatar was a good way for me to bring that aspect of myself to Home as well as be happier while using it.
Please use plain text.
Message 59 of 80 (262 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3113 posts

May 16, 2013

TrickedOutHoro wrote:
This is something I haven't really shared publicly before, just with really close friends, but what have I got to lose? When I first started Home I played a male avatar (i'm male for anyone who didn't know) for a couple months but eventually switched over to almost full-time female avatar. In real life I crossdress, as I love womens clothing and have since I was a pre-teen. Playing as a female avatar was a good way for me to bring that aspect of myself to Home as well as be happier while using it.

That takes a lot of guts to say, Horo. It's great that something like Home has helped you channel out your inner self.

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

Please use plain text.
Message 60 of 80 (254 Views)