Gaming Beast
1940 posts

Re: Do You Think HOME Devs Are Price Gouging

Jul 2, 2013

CMCSAVAGE wrote:

jimmynet wrote:

I think so... This simple outfit by nDreams $5.99 but free to the UK... 2 items an outfit and cane pfff....

This is free in EU?

On topic...price gouging no? If you think it's too expensive don't buy it.

It sure was I dont know about now but it was..

The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear...

Message 11 of 152 (419 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
47 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 2, 2013

jimmynet wrote:

CMCSAVAGE wrote:

jimmynet wrote:

I think so... This simple outfit by nDreams $5.99 but free to the UK... 2 items an outfit and cane pfff....

This is free in EU?

It sure was I dont know about now but it was..

Was free as part of the welcome back package, but I believe its not even avaliable in our stores no longer.

Edit: my mistake its only avaliable via nDream's Ultimate Part Clothing bundle for females.

Message 12 of 152 (413 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 2, 2013

Not really.

I think developers make items certain prices, because they feel like that's justifiable to them, and the consumers they're dealing with.

Also, since a developer isn't making you buy an overpriced item. I think it's either you buy it, or don't.

Message 13 of 152 (400 Views)
PlayStation MVP
33304 posts

Jul 2, 2013

yes.

Home has been price gouging for the past 3 years.

Message 14 of 152 (398 Views)
Gaming Beast
1940 posts

Jul 2, 2013

HAA - My interpretation of that response..

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:

Not really.

I think developers make items certain prices, because they feel like that's justifiable to them, and the consumers they're dealing with.

Also, since a developer isn't making you buy an overpriced item. I think it's either you buy it, or don't.

Not really = They are but oh well..

I think developers make items certain prices, because they feel like that's justifiable to them, and the consumers they're dealing with.  = Love it or leave it..

Also, since a developer isn't making you buy an overpriced item. I think it's either you buy it, or don't. = DUH

Message 15 of 152 (373 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2651 posts

Jul 2, 2013
Prices are set according to what the customers are willing to pay. That's a free market economy.

If a particular item goes on sale for half price a month after its release, the developer obviously misjudged their price point.

I don't see any gouging. Just a lot of people willing to buy rubbish that I wouldn't spend two cents on.
castle3
Message 16 of 152 (367 Views)
Gaming Beast
1940 posts

Jul 2, 2013

X-MsLiZa-X wrote:
Prices are set according to what the customers are willing to pay. That's a free market economy.

If a particular item goes on sale for half price a month after its release, the developer obviously misjudged their price point.

I don't see any gouging. Just a lot of people willing to buy rubbish that I wouldn't spend two cents on.

I'll buy some of that but when items that have been at the same price for 1-2-3 years and never dropped, and you know damb well they aint selling any of it in that period their marketing team is flat out lame...

Message 17 of 152 (342 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 2, 2013

jimmynet wrote:

HAA - My interpretation of that response..

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:

Not really.

Not really = They are but oh well..

I think developers make items certain prices, because they feel like that's justifiable to them, and the consumers they're dealing with.  = Love it or leave it..

Also, since a developer isn't making you buy an overpriced item. I think it's either you buy it, or don't. = DUH

I can see you're not happy with people not sharing the same opinion? :catsurprised:

Sorry to break it to you, but when I see an over priced item on PlayStation Home, I don't think they're gouging us for money at all. Because I either like the item and buy it, or I don't.

Not everyone is going to see eye and eye with your opinion on the gouging tactic. 

You may think that spending $5.99 for a suit is a bit much, and EU getting it free during 2011. Though, when them suits first released, they were everywhere on NA. I didn't see anyone complaining then about the fact EU got it free, and we didn't. 

Message 18 of 152 (334 Views)
Fender Bender
2040 posts

Jul 2, 2013

I don't think gouging is the right word. I read somewhere that a gamer in China paid $250,000 for a virtual sword.

What is the value of a virtual item? I think it comes down to what a person is willing to pay. Developers creating virtual Home items don't have many of the expenses associated with creating items in the real world. There is no cost for materials, warehouses or transportation to name a few.

There are costs associated with creating virtual items like license fees for development, salaries for developers, office and computer equipment.

The 'right' price for a virtual item is whatever people are willing to pay. That being said I don't buy items I consider to be overpriced.

Message 19 of 152 (329 Views)
Welcoming Committee
5405 posts

Jul 2, 2013

CMCSAVAGE wrote:

jimmynet wrote:

This is free in EU?

I was thinking the exact same thing... is it? LOL I've never seen this for free :smileyfrustrated:

I'm getting so horked up.

Legendary_Vicki's Sig

Message 20 of 152 (358 Views)