Reply
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 03/12/2007
Online
4262 posts
 

Re: Disappointed With Diamond Beach Mansion

Jul 24, 2013

Tempest_Fire wrote:

None taken, I do know the answer.  We aren't publicly discussing it.  I'm giving as much info as I can and still following rules.

And this is why Home is losing customers...  You all know answers to issues that your customers have had serious concerns about for not weeks, months, but even years and wont discuss it with us... and of course I am not just talking about this Mansion fiasco.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...


"Like it never happened"


- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 41 of 88 (663 Views)
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 06/20/2009
Offline
101 posts
 

Re: Disappointed With Diamond Beach Mansion

Jul 24, 2013

Also, will Diamond Mansion owners get access to the VIP area in x7?

Message 42 of 88 (618 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 08/23/2010
Offline
1772 posts
 

Re: Disappointed With Diamond Beach Mansion

Jul 24, 2013
Can't say for sure but I hope so
Message 43 of 88 (615 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 01/23/2009
Offline
658 posts
 

Re: Disappointed With Diamond Beach Mansion

Jul 24, 2013

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Goodbye PSN home, You made the PS3 different, In a good way.

Message 44 of 88 (599 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 03/25/2009
Offline
2279 posts
 

Re: Disappointed With Diamond Beach Mansion

Jul 24, 2013

Tempest_Fire wrote:

HOPPER_34 wrote:

D-Nitrate wrote:

Tempest_Fire wrote:

smokingpistol wrote:
Interesting and thank you for commenting T_F. Essentially both D and I were wrong then. If I am reading correctly 1 & 2 share 100 slots and 3 & 4 share slots as well?

No, I can't be more clear than that, apologies. :smileywink:

 

 


If you can't be more clear than that for a space that is already for sale and is from Sony, the company you represent, then is it safe to assume everyone who has bought it that later discovers they do not have 100 slots for each part of the mansion can get a refund?


It is pretty outrageous that the question can't be answered directly. Why does there always have to be this reading between the lines and guessing as to what a reply really means? No offense Tempest, but if you don't know the answer, then ask someone who does!


None taken, I do know the answer.  We aren't publicly discussing it.  I'm giving as much info as I can and still following rules.

 

Edit: and honestly, if someone takes the time and reads my replies in this thread, the correct answer is there.  I realize it's not direct, but it is there.


So there is a "rule" that doesn't allow you to directly answer a potential customer's question that you acknowledge you have a direct answer to.....one that could be a determining factor in whether a person wants to buy this initial space or not? Or is it that if you did answer it directly, it might sway some people more towards not buying it? Very sketchy business, but I know....you're just doing it the "Sony way". It's waaay too late now for Home, but someone really needs to understand and appreciate the public more around there--you know, the people who spend the money to make it all possible in the first place.



http://www.yourpshome.net/f2/
Message 45 of 88 (561 Views)
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 06/20/2009
Offline
101 posts
 

Re: Disappointed With Diamond Beach Mansion

Jul 25, 2013

Bump.

Message 46 of 88 (474 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 06/18/2013
Offline
447 posts
 

Re: Disappointed With Diamond Beach Mansion

[ Edited ]
Jul 25, 2013

*massages forehead* Why is it that I feel that this mansion, which I could have sworn has been a WIP for at least a year, maybe more, is just something that was left on the backburner, but now tossed out for people to buy?

Question 1: Although Tempest is the messenger, why is it that the place at hand, Diamond Mansion, has not been fully discussed and key questions be addressed? Not providing the customers with the proper information, nor providing people like Tempest the correct answers to our questions, is just wrong.

Question 2: This is a question that is old, but still important IMO, but why is there a 100 space units limit? Are they worried about people spamming the place with items that will crash the game or something?

Question 3: This is also just an old question that is slightly related to the topic. Why do applications cost so much in terms of space? Especially the old ones that cost 20 spots or so?

Question 4: My personal question. Why do I have to have one of the few large personal spaces, the gold suit, or be a PS+ member, in order to check out the open house Marina? I would like to see this place, even if Im not going to buy it.

Question 5: Very off topic, probably should make a separate thread for it but too lazy to do it. The thing I loved about the default space that get when being a part of PSH, is that you can change the wallpapers. Is there any other personal space in which you can do that? I know I would love to do it for a few of my spaces.


Final Question: Back on topic now. Wasn't the original Mansion released in full when it came out a while ago? If so, then why didn't this one be released all together?

Message 47 of 88 (460 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 05/22/2009
Online
29260 posts
 

Re: Disappointed With Diamond Beach Mansion

Jul 25, 2013

 


Left4Dinner wrote:

 

Final Question: Back on topic now. Wasn't the original Mansion released in full when it came out a while ago? If so, then why didn't this one be released all together?



The original mansion was not released all at once. It came out somewhat like it appears Diamond Beach is going to be released. I don't remember the exact schedule but it wasn't one piece each week with some taking longer than others. 

Message 48 of 88 (432 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Game Mechanics Developer
Registered: 11/09/2012
Offline
190 posts
 

Re: Disappointed With Diamond Beach Mansion

Jul 25, 2013

Left4Dinner wrote:

*massages forehead* Why is it that I feel that this mansion, which I could have sworn has been a WIP for at least a year, maybe more, is just something that was left on the backburner, but now tossed out for people to buy?

Question 1: Although Tempest is the messenger, why is it that the place at hand, Diamond Mansion, has not been fully discussed and key questions be addressed? Not providing the customers with the proper information, nor providing people like Tempest the correct answers to our questions, is just wrong.

Question 2: This is a question that is old, but still important IMO, but why is there a 100 space units limit? Are they worried about people spamming the place with items that will crash the game or something?

Question 3: This is also just an old question that is slightly related to the topic. Why do applications cost so much in terms of space? Especially the old ones that cost 20 spots or so?

Question 4: My personal question. Why do I have to have one of the few large personal spaces, the gold suit, or be a PS+ member, in order to check out the open house Marina? I would like to see this place, even if Im not going to buy it.

Question 5: Very off topic, probably should make a separate thread for it but too lazy to do it. The thing I loved about the default space that get when being a part of PSH, is that you can change the wallpapers. Is there any other personal space in which you can do that? I know I would love to do it for a few of my spaces.


Final Question: Back on topic now. Wasn't the original Mansion released in full when it came out a while ago? If so, then why didn't this one be released all together?


I happen to know the answers to some of your questions because I worked on Mansion 1. I have no connection to Mansion 2.

 

Q1) A policy is set up on what information is made to the public. It is based on business decisions. Feel free to give them feedback on what you think about their decisions. I know they have changed decisions based on feedback.

 

Q2) The 100 item slot limit is based on memory. It used to be 50 slots for regular furniture and 2 active item slots. Then the makers of Home created a memory system allowing developers to allocate slots based on the item's usage of memory and the CPU. This allowed them to make the slots generic as in usable for either static furniture or active items. Ever since, Game Mechanics has focused on giving you more stuff for less slots. Since you cannot add memory and processing power, this is the best hope left.

 

Q3) When they changed the memory model, there were a lot of items that had already been created. Unless the maker went back and rebuilt the old item, the were assigned a default slot use of 22. Some developers have updated their items. Most have not.

 

Q4) There are videos. It is a business decision. See Q1 answer.

 

Q5) Lockwood's Venue for sure. I believe Granzella's Paris apartment you can also. This is a great feature. I am sure you will see it available more.

 

Final) The original Mansion 1st floor was demo'd before Christmas and sold mid-January 2011. The next part, the Infinity Pool, was released five weeks later. Next came the 2nd floor three weeks later. The final piece, the Garage, got swept into the time when Sony had network issues. It was released three months after the 2nd floor. It was about 5 months from piece one to piece four.

 

I am sure others can fill in the holes I left.

Message 49 of 88 (420 Views)
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 12/15/2004
Offline
990 posts
 

Re: Disappointed With Diamond Beach Mansion

[ Edited ]
Jul 25, 2013

GameMechanics wrote:

Left4Dinner wrote:

*massages forehead* Why is it that I feel that this mansion, which I could have sworn has been a WIP for at least a year, maybe more, is just something that was left on the backburner, but now tossed out for people to buy?

Question 1: Although Tempest is the messenger, why is it that the place at hand, Diamond Mansion, has not been fully discussed and key questions be addressed? Not providing the customers with the proper information, nor providing people like Tempest the correct answers to our questions, is just wrong.

Question 2: This is a question that is old, but still important IMO, but why is there a 100 space units limit? Are they worried about people spamming the place with items that will crash the game or something?

Question 3: This is also just an old question that is slightly related to the topic. Why do applications cost so much in terms of space? Especially the old ones that cost 20 spots or so?

Question 4: My personal question. Why do I have to have one of the few large personal spaces, the gold suit, or be a PS+ member, in order to check out the open house Marina? I would like to see this place, even if Im not going to buy it.

Question 5: Very off topic, probably should make a separate thread for it but too lazy to do it. The thing I loved about the default space that get when being a part of PSH, is that you can change the wallpapers. Is there any other personal space in which you can do that? I know I would love to do it for a few of my spaces.


Final Question: Back on topic now. Wasn't the original Mansion released in full when it came out a while ago? If so, then why didn't this one be released all together?


I happen to know the answers to some of your questions because I worked on Mansion 1. I have no connection to Mansion 2.

 

Q1) A policy is set up on what information is made to the public. It is based on business decisions. Feel free to give them feedback on what you think about their decisions. I know they have changed decisions based on feedback.

 

Q2) The 100 item slot limit is based on memory. It used to be 50 slots for regular furniture and 2 active item slots. Then the makers of Home created a memory system allowing developers to allocate slots based on the item's usage of memory and the CPU. This allowed them to make the slots generic as in usable for either static furniture or active items. Ever since, Game Mechanics has focused on giving you more stuff for less slots. Since you cannot add memory and processing power, this is the best hope left.

 

Q3) When they changed the memory model, there were a lot of items that had already been created. Unless the maker went back and rebuilt the old item, the were assigned a default slot use of 22. Some developers have updated their items. Most have not.

 

Q4) There are videos. It is a business decision. See Q1 answer.

 

Q5) Lockwood's Venue for sure. I believe Granzella's Paris apartment you can also. This is a great feature. I am sure you will see it available more.

 

Final) The original Mansion 1st floor was demo'd before Christmas and sold mid-January 2011. The next part, the Infinity Pool, was released five weeks later. Next came the 2nd floor three weeks later. The final piece, the Garage, got swept into the time when Sony had network issues. It was released three months after the 2nd floor. It was about 5 months from piece one to piece four.

 

I am sure others can fill in the holes I left.


Final) Somene was asking that if you already owned the original mansion, that you should get a discount for buying the new mansion.

Message 50 of 88 (397 Views)
Reply
0 Likes