Jan 29 2013
By: Gungirl- First Son 10 posts

Digital Leisure Ultimate Aquarium

[ Edited ]
8 replies 432 views Edited Jan 29, 2013

I'm not a very active poster on these forums so bare with me on this, but there are major issues with the Ultimate Aquarium bundle and I feel that people need to be aware of them before spending their 20 dollars on it.

For me, I was on the fence for the longest time, trying to figure out more about the tank before buying it, but the more I asked around it didn't seem like many people had it. Eventually I caved and picked it up, and from then on it was just a list of disappointments.

First of all, I'd like to mention that the actual slot size isn't listed in the store. It's 33 slots so that's 1/3 of your space limit gone. Now it's advertised as "Fits any wall", however this is far from true. It begins at a fixed size and can be sized downwards. This wouldn't be as much an issue if it wasn't for the active item box remaining the same size. You can shrink the tank to the smallest size possible, however the active item area makes it unusable anywhere the tank wouldn't fit at maximum size anyway. In the end it's something that's not big enough yet too big to use. Edit: Also, even when you srink the tank down you have to walk around the original size of it, it has an invixible barrier.

Then there's the ornament pack that comes included, featuring the sea urchin and columns etc. In the pet shop it shows these items as fairly big, something that would make sense in the "Ultimate Aquarium". But after actually getting the tank you quickly find that those ornaments are about 1/8th the size.

In my opinion this is one of the biggest wastes of money on Home, and again sorry if I'm missing forum etiquette or posting in the wrong section.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 9 (432 Views)
Fender Bender
2385 posts

Re: Digital Leisure Ultimate Aquarium

Jan 29, 2013

If I had read this first I might not have bought the largest aquarium. I got involved in fishing iow some people invited me to visit their aquarium and they would visit mine with the benefits being rewards. Some people said they were taking people as Friends they normally wouldn't. But it was fun jumping around from place to place going fishing for rewards.

The last rwo or three days I didn't go and wasn't on HOME in the evening due to not feeling well or being busy.

But back to the large tank.

I did buy it and it works well in the Hollywood Hills apartment as far as space is concerned. It does not work well in the Harbour apartment unless one takes the furniture out but then where to put it.

I find the smaller fish like goldfish aren't viewable by looking at the tank unless one uses the Play option. Bigger fish are quite viewable and so are the plants and items that come with the largest tank and it's enjoyable to look at.

As far as slots taken, that is not mentioned in the Store and I was certainly surprised!!! by the size of 33 slots as mentioned. The other tanks I assume are smaller in slot size but by how much I don't know. I forget the size of the smallest tank which may be free (I can't remember).

In regards to decorating Hollywood Hills, despite the 33 slots taken I was able to make a nice space if one is satisfied with chairs and tables and posters and two music makers which are 22 slots for Bootlegers20 radio (I think) and 2 or 4 for the Xi Snow Crash radio. Sorry I can't be more specific. (I could if I looked it up by going to the space but I didn't.)

One can use the tanks in other spaces and if they "Clone" a tank, an identical tank will appear in another space or spaces... if they fit. Expensive to be sure, but I may enjoy it anyway. However, like I said if I had read the information below I don't know if I would have bought it.

When fishing with others to get rewards which takes time, I was able to see some smaller tanks. They're OK but smaller fish like goldfish aren't easy to see if at all. I'm having buyers remorse but I guess it'll work out all right in the long run.

I don't know if I'll go on a fishing expedition tonight nor do I know if they is one. The whole thing has been intersting I will say that.

Gungirl- wrote:

I'm not a very active poster on these forums so bare with me on this, but there are major issues with the Ultimate Aquarium bundle and I feel that people need to be aware of them before spending their 20 dollars on it.

For me, I was on the fence for the longest time, trying to figure out more about the tank before buying it, but the more I asked around it didn't seem like many people had it. Eventually I caved and picked it up, and from then on it was just a list of disappointments.

First of all, I'd like to mention that the actual slot size isn't listed in the store. It's 33 slots so that's 1/3 of your space limit gone. Now it's advertised as "Fits any wall", however this is far from true. It begins at a fixed size and can be sized downwards. This wouldn't be as much an issue if it wasn't for the active item box remaining the same size. You can shrink the tank to the smallest size possible, however the active item area makes it unusable anywhere the tank wouldn't fit at maximum size anyway. In the end it's something that's not big enough yet too big to use. Edit: Also, even when you srink the tank down you have to walk around the original size of it, it has an invixible barrier.

Then there's the ornament pack that comes included, featuring the sea urchin and columns etc. In the pet shop it shows these items as fairly big, something that would make sense in the "Ultimate Aquarium". But after actually getting the tank you quickly find that those ornaments are about 1/8th the size.

In my opinion this is one of the biggest wastes of money on Home, and again sorry if I'm missing forum etiquette or posting in the wrong section.

Born in the U.S.A. - Bruce Springsteen
trolling is for fishing, not the forums

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 9 (354 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
683 posts

Jan 29, 2013

sad to hear i was considering buying it but now i dont think so anymore

DDM (Do Damge Mafia): face2007
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 9 (349 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
271 posts

Jan 30, 2013
As for the decoration sizes, size them up or down while placing them with the R2 and L2 Triggers. Some of those get quite large. Each decoration has 3 sizes if I recall correctly.
-60GB RIP 4-15-2010-
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 9 (317 Views)
Lombax Warrior
71 posts

Jan 30, 2013

I assumed this would happen. That's why on day one of the release, I got the Large tank instead. It was a good size and still  traditionally shaped size. The Deluxe was nice but wasn't what I wanted and I figured the Ultimate wouldn't be so well. So glad I played it safe.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 9 (297 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
382 posts

Jan 30, 2013

I have this tank and really like it. DL did say when it first came out that this one tank was 33 slots, so I was ready for it! I love the size ! As for some of the smaller items for the tank I put in the larger things and then added the smaller for depth. All who have seen my tanks have loved them.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 9 (273 Views)
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Jan 31, 2013

So, my cousin and I both purchased tanks.  I chose the medium and she got the biggest tank offered.  I have mine located in the Mahjongg apt., and I never have any problems.  However, my cousin owns Dream Island and she has had nothing but problems with the    deluxe tank there.  She wished me to post this and help her find a resolution.  She can see her tank and fish; however, when I visit, I am unable to see anything but the base (brown part) of tank...no fish, no tank visible.  She has since purchased the deluxe lake house and has put in a new tank (still deluxe) with new fish  there and I am still unable to visit or view her tank.  Please advise/help.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 9 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2385 posts

Feb 1, 2013

balmoris6 wrote:

So, my cousin and I both purchased tanks.  I chose the medium and she got the biggest tank offered.  I have mine located in the Mahjongg apt., and I never have any problems.  However, my cousin owns Dream Island and she has had nothing but problems with the    deluxe tank there.  She wished me to post this and help her find a resolution.  She can see her tank and fish; however, when I visit, I am unable to see anything but the base (brown part) of tank...no fish, no tank visible.  She has since purchased the deluxe lake house and has put in a new tank (still deluxe) with new fish  there and I am still unable to visit or view her tank.  Please advise/help.

I can't help other than advise to get in touch with whoever owns the fish tanks.

However, I have the Ultimate tank (and tiny tank) and occasionally when adding or changing something, I get a servor error. Nothing disappears but perhaps there is a server error that is causing the problem.

I have seen the small tanks empty a time or two but I don't know if the owner took the fish out. I see them going on fishing expediations with others to get the visitor count up for rewards.

Do others have problems seeing your cousin's tank when you are there?

Born in the U.S.A. - Bruce Springsteen
trolling is for fishing, not the forums

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 9 (187 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
973 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 1, 2013

Kid_Fleetfoot wrote:

balmoris6 wrote:

I can't help other than advise to get in touch with whoever owns the fish tanks.

However, I have the Ultimate tank (and tiny tank) and occasionally when adding or changing something, I get a servor error. Nothing disappears but perhaps there is a server error that is causing the problem.

I have seen the small tanks empty a time or two but I don't know if the owner took the fish out. I see them going on fishing expediations with others to get the visitor count up for rewards.

Do others have problems seeing your cousin's tank when you are there?

hi op here some information that might help.  you can go to this web site and email them or call them for suport or general question at this site. http://www.digitalleisure.com/contents/contact.htm

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 9 (179 Views)