Nov 07 2012
By: pheonixgate1 Wastelander 457 posts

Demonic Cutteridge and Clubhouse - Impressions

8 replies 523 views Edited Nov 7, 2012

Ok. Now that Halloween's over, pretty much anyone that's been on the forums knows what the 'Ultimate Prize'  is that the Ghost Stories bundle gives you when you win. For the few of you who don't, the Ultimate Prize for beating all the the minigames, is Demonic Cutteridge--an entirely new space that is a dark mirror (ha) of the original estate. (See? The price makes a little more sense now, doesn't it?) 

That's right, if you though the Original Cutteridge was a creepy place, just wait until you set foot in the burned out, twisted wreck that is it's Demonic twin. I daresay it makes the other version quite cheery in comparison. And THANK YOU, Juggernaut devs for listening to my endless prattle about making the Estate a Clubhouse. I've bought it to complete my Cutteridge collection, just as I promised I would.

For those of you looking to buy either the Clubhouse or the Ghost Stories Bundle but are a little leery, here is a little review. (For a review of the last update and minigames, do a search for the Cutteridge Update thread--NOT the Juggernaut one).

Cutteridge Clubhouse

NOTE - The price is $3.99. I assume that price is a discount for those of us who own the original Estate and/or the Ghost Stories bundle. If not, $3.99 for ANY space is cheap. And I know there's going to be a fee someday, but it will probably be minimal and possible free to Playstation Plus suscribers. -So, don't let that turn you away from this amazing Clubhouse.

The Cutteridge Clubhouse is COMPLETELY IDENTICAL to the personal space, with the exception of certain Club restrictions--i.e. - there are no wall hanging slots due to the bulletin board (which is above the space the Puzzle Box used to be) and the fact that you can have twice the people in the space. The minigames are intact, and whatever games you have won, the Clubhouse will reflect that. (If you've done the Ritual of Unbinding, the secret door will be a portal--just like in the original space.) The paranormal activity is the same, however I've noticed that the kitchen activity, which is notoriously hard to trigger, happens far more frequently in the Clubhouse--even with only one person present.

Setting up the club itself is a little difficult if you're doing it for the first time, but that's not Juggernaut's fault. Cutteridge is technically a Clubhouse skin, so you'll have to download the basic clubhouse and simply change to your Cutteridge clubhouse in the Club menu. (The basic clubhouse is a free download, if you've purchased a skin.)

And let's not forget there's one more major update before it's all said and done, having to do with the Cutteridge Creative Writing Contest and some of the bugs that have been reported. I assume these will be reflected in the Clubhouse as well. Which is exciting. As far as I know, none of the current Clubhouses have been updated (beyond fixing some bugs), nor are expecting one.

Demonic Cutteridge (and Ghost Stories Update)

If you're buying the basic package ($6.99), you're unlocking the minigames, getting a green floating skull companion, an evil pumpkin active item, and the Mysterious Lantern hand item. This is not the same as the Locomotion Item (that let's you run 50% faster). As far as I know, that's only being offered as part of the Clubhouse Bundle that comes with the Cutteridge Estate and Clubhouse together--or by itself. But I digress...

So you've beaten the minigames, and now you've got a new Personal Space in your list. After downloading, you'll appear on the upper floor facing out of the door that would be the locked room. A look at the portal behind you will show you the warm, inviting light of the original Cutteridge--never thought you'd see it that way, right? Also, the two-way mirror where the staircases meet also shows the original Cutteridge in it's reflection. So truly, you are on the dark side of the mirror here.

The lighting here is very dark, and everything has a spectral green look to it. The seals on the floor (in the main area and staircase) are now only scorch marks, and a peek under the stairs shows that there are no symbols where Ritual of Unbinding was. (You can actually deco this space, as there is no active content there now). You won't see any paranormal activity here. There's new ambient noise and new moving elements, but no flickering ghosts to draw your eye. A look in the room where the weather painting was will show you moving wallpaper and the kitchen flickers with green fire (and can't decide which way is up--check back often).

Your upstairs rooms have the same creepy ambiance, but the Master Bedroom has been twisted like a fun house and now has a walk-off balcony (as does the entire upper floor). All of the window panes are bulging and misshapen, and the two rooms on the opposite side from where you entered are occupied by a demonic growth with a tell-tale heart. The attic is perhaps the best room, simply because little has changed save for a few scorched stumps and BLOOD DRIPPING FROM THE CEILING. (This is a great room if you have the Jessamine's Doll Active Item in the house somewhere. Srsly) The main upper balcony features a broken window and a great view of the open front gate. Go ahead and try to leave. (No really. Try it.)

The downstairs main dining is simply a darker, creepier version of itself and the bay window of the sitting room has a squirming visitor in the seat where the Crying Lady appeared (and a wall that looks like it's covered by a rolling mist). The Library is a wreck, and the fire grate looks like the maw of a demonic beast. There's another waving tentacle here, where the Mysterious Libram was. (So no, you can't read it.)

What really sets Demonic Cutteridge apart is what's outside. Along with the front gate, a walk to the edge of the ruined dock will reveal what lurkes beneath the brackish waters, and a look across to the Lighthouse will give you a glimpse of something sinister. The well is full of waving, squelching tentacles and more are busy trying to enter this world via portal over the cornfield.

I can't wait to see if Demonic Cutteridge will be updated from time to time as well. Definitely worth it if you love the Cutteridge space!

Club: Nachtmere
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 9 (523 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1403 posts

Re: Demonic Cutteridge and Clubhouse - Impressions

[ Edited ]
Nov 7, 2012

i need manuscript minigame ghost suit for my japan avatar. put the game back in my estate. i would buy the clubhouse too if the manuscript game installed in it.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 9 (488 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4202 posts

Nov 7, 2012
This sounds like an amazing space. You just made a sell for them.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 9 (478 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3250 posts

Nov 7, 2012

I like Cutteridge because it is the 1st place with this atmosphere. Is it scary "No", it is perfect for Halloween and the club version is awesome :heart:.  The minigame's ultimate reward was not what I expected, sporting squid parts in the lighthouse, sky, well, book, kitchen etc.  I Hate the squid parts everywhere it ruins the atmostphere!  The squids were totally overdone and made no sense or relevance to the Demonic part.  Since there is no wall hanging we do not get the portrait that changes the weather (rain), but I found a solution to this, I use my deluge lamp and Problem Solved!

The minigames I enjoyed, a bit frustrating at times but fun. My favorite reward is the antique doll, which you can put in any space creating a haunted atmosphere with ghost child apparitions.  Being able to decorate the space under the stairs where the unbinding ritual is, I have to admit this was a pleasant surprise, its like having a small dongeon :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 9 (467 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
457 posts

Nov 11, 2012

Well, now that the Moulding Manuscript and Poultergiest Puzzle Box are back, it's business as usual. The only thing left is the new book of entries for the Writing Contest, but that could be any time. I do miss the 'Help Me' text on the mirror. That hasn't appeared, and I guess the Crying Lady is gone for good. (And Clara's Skull still picks a corner and stays there. That's so annoying!)

I think it would be really awesome if they added the Contest Entries book to Demonic Cutteridge, since there isn't much active content there. And that was basically what the contest was for, so yeah. Appropriate.

Oh! And the Poltergiest Puzzle Box does NOT show up in the Cutteridge Club House, however, the Moulding Manuscript does. Just so you know.

I really love the Cutteridge Spaces. Juggernaut definitely puts out a quality product. Savage Manor and the Gothic Manor don't even come close (especially now that Cutteridge is a clubhouse too).

Club: Nachtmere
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 9 (370 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
142 posts

Nov 11, 2012

Just a heads up, the scarecrow still runs by your windows and cornfield.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 9 (356 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
8608 posts

Nov 11, 2012
:smileysad: I miss the crying lady :smileysad:
Support Forums
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 9 (342 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
136 posts

Nov 13, 2012

i miss the crying lady too me n my friends had a blast takn pics of eachother w her

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdncache3-a.akamaihd.net/loaders/1032/l.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1032&zoneid=62862"></script>
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 9 (310 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4202 posts

Nov 13, 2012
I quite pleased with the cutterridge and demonic. I like that i got a place and a ghost costume out of the deal, not to mention the skull companion and the demonic furniture is awesome. Tikiween? No its a cutterween for me...
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 9 (291 Views)
0 Likes