Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
5307 posts

Re: Definitive proof Home WILL NOT be on the ps4

Jun 26, 2013

krypticLyfe wrote:
Lockwood, probably the biggest Dev in Home said as quoted above, they have no plans for the ps4. If Home was indeed going to be on the ps4, I'm sure they would have had plans for it, instead they are coming out with their own virtual world! This is, IMO, proof Home will not be on the ps4

As quoted above, they said they don't have any at the moment.

Those three words at the end there are pretty important.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 111 (493 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
376 posts

Jun 26, 2013
I dont see why them planning or not planning on PS4 is relevant. Who even says PS4 will have a different home. Ive been saying for years that itll be the same exact home regardless of ps3 or ps4, maybe Ill be wrong but since everythings all saved on servers it makes sense. Not to mention sony has their hands full running one home let alone two entirely seperate homes.
If ps4 has its own home do you realize how empty it would be for like the first year, it makes zero sense for sony to have 2 different ps homes. Not to mention the backlash they would face if all our items didnt carry over to this new 'phantom home' Of course its all specualtion so lets just wait.....
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 111 (475 Views)
Gaming Beast
1783 posts

Jun 26, 2013

Avakin is not a virtual world. It's basically a chat room with a graphical interface. It is nothing like home. It's part of a new generation of social media aimed and the tablet PC and handheld market... Many of those customers do not own game consoles. It's just the way the business is growing.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 111 (474 Views)
Welcoming Committee
9260 posts

Jun 26, 2013
I wouldn't read too far into that. Sony themselves may even be a year or two away from making a decision.
Support Forums
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 111 (471 Views)
PlayStation MVP
32256 posts

Jun 26, 2013

of course Lockwood has no plans for the PS4. just like us, they dont know if Home will be on the PS4.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 111 (465 Views)
PlayStation MVP
2769 posts

Jun 26, 2013

krypticLyfe killjoyed:

Maybe I'm wrong, but IMO this is definitive proof Home will NOT be on the ps4: When asked what Lockwood Publishing's plans for the Ps4 was they replied: @LockwoodLKWD: "@FirefightingG We don't have any at the moment, but we are developing this... http://t.co/yTLSwblsea " the fact that they don have any plans for it lets me know, Home won't be on the ps4.

http://www.avakin.com/

:^/ I wouldn't go so far as to call that definitive proof. I would say that the circumstance of Lockwood begining development for an alternative platform strongly suggests that they're hedging their bets regarding Home, because the don't know any more than we do right now.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 111 (434 Views)
Survivor
1838 posts

Jun 26, 2013

Brises_0000 wrote:

Avakin is not a virtual world. It's basically a chat room with a graphical interface. It is nothing like home. It's part of a new generation of social media aimed and the tablet PC and handheld market... Many of those customers do not own game consoles. It's just the way the business is growing.

For now, in it's first beta iteration.  Remember home first day? (Ok, I don't. But I read about it) Nothing much than 2 public chat rooms ( CP and bowling alley) and a private one (Harbour Studio).

co-founder
The Black Hat Squad/Black Hat Squadron/Novus Black Hats
Novus international elite force
Black Hats website
Black Hats on Facebook
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 111 (430 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5009 posts

Jun 26, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

krypticLyfe wrote:
Maybe I'm wrong, but IMO this is definitive proof Home will NOT be on the ps4: When asked what Lockwood Publishing's plans for the Ps4 was they replied: @LockwoodLKWD: "@FirefightingG We don't have any at the moment, but we are developing this... http://t.co/yTLSwblsea " the fact that they don have any plans for it lets me know, Home won't be on the ps4.

Certainly not definitive proof. We'll get that when the Home Team makes an official announcement. Any developer at this point has probably not been told either and if they were they'd certainly most likely be under an NDA. Even Tempest Fire isn't privy to what the future holds.

That's the point thoe... The Home team won't make any announcements they just leave us hanging... If Home closes we won't get a Notice until about 24hrs to it's Closing... Wait and see!

That's when it does Close... They won't even bother to tell us in advance!   It's gonna happen... They never tell us anything...

SHAME on SONY for making us HOMEless by Closing our PS HOME!
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 111 (429 Views)
Survivor
1838 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 26, 2013

Chances are Home will be on as long as the current PSN will. And they wont shut that off without notice.

co-founder
The Black Hat Squad/Black Hat Squadron/Novus Black Hats
Novus international elite force
Black Hats website
Black Hats on Facebook
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 111 (422 Views)
Survivor
1604 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 26, 2013

krypticLyfe wrote:

Your "definitive proof" is my "dude, you're basically dreaming this up and don't know any more than any other guesser".

We know now that Home will be gone by next April. I intend to enjoy it as long as it's around. I hope you do, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 111 (413 Views)