Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 08 2007
By: Ra-Ausar I Only Post Everything 896 posts

Def Jam Icon Feels Like Home

8 replies 27 views Edited Apr 8, 2007
I just started playing Icon a few days ago and realized how some aspects of the game feel like Home especially the character customization. I think I spent hours customizing avatar features and adding clothing. The left and right thumb buttons are used to modify certain parts of the body such as head, eyes, chin/jaw, and mouth just like in Home.

When you "build a label" your avatar gets a basic apartment then moves into a luxury apartment after being promoted to Vice President of the record label.

Inside the apartments and in venues, is where the physics exits allowing you to knock over furniture (chairs, vases, & other items). The mobile device and in-game computer acts like the virtual PSP in Home.

After playing Icon on my PS3 connected to my 42in plasma, I know I will enjoy being a part of the Home community. Theres no comparison to type of quality of graphics you'll get in Home compared to other 3D online communities on a PC.

Anyhow, if you get a chance check out Icon to see what I'm talking about.

Message Edited by RaAsuar on 04-08-2007 09:56 AM
Message 1 of 9 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
574 posts

Re: Def Jam Icon Feels Like Home

Apr 8, 2007

RaAsuar wrote:
I just started playing Icon a few days ago and realized how some aspects of the game feel like Home especially the character customization. I think I spent hours customizing avatar features and adding clothing. The left and right thumb buttons are used to modify certain parts of the body such as head, eyes, chin/jaw, and mouth just like in Home.

When you "build a label" your avatar gets a basic apartment then moves into a luxury apartment after being promoted to Vice President of the record label.

Inside the apartments and in venues, is where the physics exits allowing you to knock over furniture (chairs, vases, & other items). The mobile device and in-game computer acts like the virtual PSP in Home.

After playing Icon on my PS3 connected to my 42in plasma, I know I will enjoy being a part of the Home community. Theres no comparison to type of quality of graphics you'll get in Home compared to other 3D online communities on a PC.

Anyhow, if you get a chance check out Icon to see what I'm talking about.

Message Edited by RaAsuar on 04-08-2007 09:56 AM

yeah, and then when you beat Story Mode, you'll get bored as hell. lol. me, i enjoyed story mode and then after i beat it, it got boring
Message 2 of 9 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
83 posts

Apr 8, 2007
Nothing like home but whatever lol
Message 3 of 9 (27 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
896 posts

Apr 8, 2007

BananaClip2288 wrote:

I know Home is not a game and Icon is. What I was referring to was the character customization and how the apartments have physics like Home.

Based on the GDC keynote and trialers, the menus for customizing your avatar function similiarly.

Again, I'm not comparing the Icon game to Home but certain aspects of character customization.

Message Edited by RaAsuar on 04-08-2007 01:00 PM
Message 4 of 9 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Rux
Treasure Hunter
5135 posts

Apr 8, 2007
Based on what you said, Home and Icon look pretty similar at a glance...
But I'm sure Home is much deeper and more complex

Message 5 of 9 (27 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
896 posts

Apr 8, 2007

Shnozzle wrote:

Most definetly Home is way more complex. When playing Icon I was able to envision how it would feel to customize my character and walk around my apartment knocking things over. Beyond that there's no other comparison.

Message 6 of 9 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2722 posts

Apr 9, 2007
that game looks so hard core!!! ohhh man ahahah

I've only played the demo.
PSN : PwnStar12 -
5.0L Mustang Owner

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 7 of 9 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Rux
Treasure Hunter
5135 posts

Apr 9, 2007

RaAsuar wrote:

Shnozzle wrote:

Most definetly Home is way more complex. When playing Icon I was able to envision how it would feel to customize my character and walk around my apartment knocking things over. Beyond that there's no other comparison.

But I think smashing furniture in Icon is a pretty cool feature
Message 8 of 9 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1508 posts

Apr 9, 2007

BananaClip2288 wrote:

well, home isn't finished yet, and Def Jam Icon looks like its not finished yet either.

guitoorbenchi's Gamercard
Message 9 of 9 (27 Views)
0 Likes