Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aug 17 2012
By: rramsdell Treasure Hunter 5381 posts

Day vs. Night when using PS HOME

11 replies 237 views Edited Aug 17, 2012

I think being on PS HOME,  during the day sukcs!   Even playing any type of video game as well, just can't get into it!    I like to use my PS3, at night.  Anytime have 5PM, for a couple of hours,  if I'm home and off.  And, nothing good on TV (football season coming  up :smileyhappy:.    BRING back those MADDEN shirts!!   Day time for the PS3, so boring and just can't get in the zone while playing games or HOME, what are your thoughts?     

Message 1 of 12 (237 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4378 posts

Re: Day vs. Night when using PS HOME

Aug 17, 2012

I don't even know what thread is safe to respond to and which one isn't, but I will bite with this one because I think this is an interesting topic.

For me, night time.  Not evening, Night time.  Like 10 PM and up.

I do find though that it depends on the game I am playing.  For some reason, Elder Scroll games must be very late at night.  Like 1 or 2 AM.

I don't know why, but there is something about doing a dungeon crawl late at night that just works.

When I used to use Home, It was also pretty late at night.  I would hang out at the SingStar Space.  It was kinda like being at a club.

Does anyone else find what they are playing, be it on Home or just gaming, determines what time of day they play?  Or am I the only weird one.

Yes I know I opened the door with that last question, so please limit your assessment of my weirdness to the subject at hand.

Be One With The Game.

Message 2 of 12 (199 Views)
Limit Breaker
16552 posts

Aug 17, 2012

The Hub public spaces should of had day and night built in to it. It is absolutely possible.

Lockwood and their Sunset yacht? Tell me again why this has not been installed throughout all of home?

HomeStationMagazine
Message 3 of 12 (192 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4378 posts

Aug 17, 2012

Jersquall wrote:

The Hub public spaces should of had day and night built in to it. It is absolutely possible.

Lockwood and their Sunset yacht? Tell me again why this has not been installed throughout all of home?

I have often thought this.  It should be in real time too.  It could work off of Pacific time.  I don't think anyone else would mind the slight time difference if they got real day and night cycles that were actually in real time.

Be One With The Game.

Message 4 of 12 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1691 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 17, 2012

I don't think it's "weird" that the time of day can influence the type of game that you are interested in playing. At least for me, the time of day even dictates what type of movie that I am interested in watching. I mean, watching the SAW Series is kinda lame early in the morning...

As for Home, I find the most activity later in the day. Close to around 10 o'clock and later. It could be for many reasons. People on there may have jobs, different time zones, leisurely playing Home before bed. So, for one, the more activity at night draws me into playing Home later in the day. And I feel that activity and number of friends/users online is heavily important for a social platform, such as Home.

Message 5 of 12 (183 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Aug 17, 2012

FOR ME, I can only seem to use HOME at a certain time of the day, mornings I just don't like it.  Weird, but I like it better when its night.  Sorry for the typos on first post, spell check threw me off  LOL 

Message 6 of 12 (177 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1173 posts

Aug 17, 2012

I prefer the night as well, all the kids are in bed by then. It'll be even better once the fall comes.

Message 7 of 12 (153 Views)
PlayStation MVP
32721 posts

Aug 17, 2012

im a Home night owl. i generally use Home after 9pm PST; rarely do i ever use it sooner.

theres no reason as to why, its just ive got stuff going on during the day most of the time.

Message 8 of 12 (140 Views)
PlayStation MVP
3968 posts

Aug 17, 2012

I like gettin on Home more in the afternoon & @ nite mostly cuz thats when most ppl on my friends list are on

facebook.com/gamer316
Message 9 of 12 (122 Views)
Survivor
1036 posts

Aug 17, 2012

rramsdell wrote:

I think being on PS HOME,  during the day sukcs!   Even playing any type of video game as well, just can't get into it!    I like to use my PS3, at night.  Anytime have 5PM, for a couple of hours,  if I'm home and off.  And, nothing good on TV (football season coming  up :smileyhappy:.    BRING back those MADDEN shirts!!   Day time for the PS3, so boring and just can't get in the zone while playing games or HOME, what are your thoughts?     

Rick : The changes in lighting in Home plays absolute havoc with my makeup applications :smileysad:

Otherwise, I am always in the Zone on Home

photo Xmas3_1copy_1.jpg
Message 10 of 12 (105 Views)
0 Likes