Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 24 2014
By: geary33 Lombax Warrior 170 posts

DNS hackers are killing home

110 replies 1366 views Edited Jan 24, 2014

So far they have froze bowling alley servers 5 times today forcing me to have to restart system. I'm getting tired of this. Something needs to be done about it. What's the news?

Official Geary33
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 111 (1,366 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3989 posts

Re: DNS hackers are killing home

[ Edited ]
Jan 24, 2014

Careful before someone comes in here and disputes hack vs exploit. "This is not a hack."

BTW as far as news on this... as far as I know, you won't see any because I'm sure they are actively investigating it.. And like in real life at news conferences when there is an ongoing investigation, those who know are not at liberty to share such information.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 111 (1,354 Views)
Wastelander
563 posts

Jan 24, 2014

I think there's as much chance of this being fixed as there is Walmart selling shoes that don't fall apart after two weeks.

But yes, this is ruining Home. It's getting to the point if I freeze I just go play a game instead of waiting to reload. I mean this is getting ridiculous. Freezing upon spawning?! And if there were mods in the spaces, they'd see exactly who is doing the freezing. You can't even report them cuz  you will freeze, lol. It's like allowing a group of bullies to take over. It's sad. It really is.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 111 (1,345 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5162 posts

Jan 24, 2014
The news is there probably is no news.

I had something happen at peakvox labs early this morning at like 4 or 5 am central time. All i know was there was someone inspecting me and i thought nothing of it, i get it a lot because i make my own costumes up a lot and most people seem to like them. But then all of a sudden the space reloaded itself and as soon as i got back in the screen went solid white for about 10 seconds before i got signed out. As soon as i got signed out my modem went completely dead and once it finally rebooted it would do everything except connect to the internet.

I ended up spending most my morning with an ip technician and having to get a new modem. Only info i could get out of him was that somehow my username and password for my provider somehow changed itself and then the modem crapped out immediately afterwards. Craziest part is i just had this same thing happen, in the same space even, just a few months ago, only difference is the first time it happened i got a random group invite but never accepted it, and they gave me a bran new modem then too.

Not sure if that relates to the dns crap or not, but someone is definitely slacking on fixes.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 111 (1,321 Views)
Uncharted Territory
895 posts

Jan 24, 2014
I know a lot about this topic
This freeze is not from the DNS.
In fact it is people that have CFW (Custom Firmwire) on their Playstation 3. You shouldn't be so quick on to assume about something you don't even know much about.
 photo FotoFlexer_Photo_zpsdb1a5950.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 111 (1,304 Views)
Uncharted Territory
895 posts

Jan 24, 2014
I am also tired of being frozen everytime I spawn at a space.
 photo FotoFlexer_Photo_zpsdb1a5950.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 111 (1,292 Views)
Fender Bender
2879 posts

Jan 24, 2014

SkullFirekills7 wrote:
I know a lot about this topic
This freeze is not from the DNS.
In fact it is people that have CFW (Custom Firmwire) on their Playstation 3. You shouldn't be so quick on to assume about something you don't even know much about.

As Skull says not from DNS, though some that use the" special" DNS(s) may be glitchers as well. Sony tries to patch up all they find, but the glitchers are working to in order to find fresh things they can do. Some of the big glitchers get caught and banned. I only go to one of the spaces regularly that they like to freeze in, so I am rarely frozen anymore. If I see a suspect glitcher, I usually leave a while and go at another time.

Thanks Asuka424 for the Signature
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 111 (1,261 Views)
Lombax Warrior
56 posts

Jan 24, 2014

Home hackers essentially ruining your modem? That's frightening if it has gotten to that point.

This situation is definitely spiraling out of control. What's next? Are we going to see people's accounts get banned and/or stolen by hackers on a constant basis? It's getting to the point where they are going to need to take Home offline until they fix these problems. Honestly, it's kind of at that point already, and, as much as I don't want to see Home go down, it's irresponsible for them to let Home go on running like this.

Yet again, lack of moderation in Home is one of the root causes that this problem has grown. As someone mentioned before, if there were moderators present, they could find out who is doing this in at least some of these cases. And let me add that when/if anyone is caught doing this, account bans are pointless and insufficient. Permanent console bans need to be enforced on major violations such as this.

I still don't understand why Home moderation can't be harsh and swift as it in here in the forums. Case and point, this thread will probably be deleted, and the OP warned, because he used *gasp* the word hack in the title. This has happened to myself. As a side note, that is completely ridiculous. We should be able to have intelligent discussion regarding this sort of activity on Home. I understand this is a double-edged sword, as discussion can give other potential hackers information, but it's important that we learn the risks, and possible ways to defend ourselves from such attacks.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 111 (1,255 Views)
Sackboy
364 posts

Jan 24, 2014

I just got cloned at the park by a hacker......really getting tired of this seems to me they are allowed to get away with it all..... Sony or someone needs to stop this finally cuz they are also freezing home.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 111 (1,239 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5162 posts

Jan 24, 2014
I am trying really hard in my mind not to rule out that it could just be some crazy coincidence, but I'm struggling pretty hard to do so. The modem that went out today was bran new in the box just a few months ago.. So i do not understand how it could have just bumfuzzled that quickly without a little help. It has happened twice in the last 6 months, it happened in the same space both times, this was the first time i have went back to that space since the first time it happened, and both times someone had requested a direct connection via group invite or had one through inspecting me..

I am open to suggestions if anybody has any other ideas what could be causing it that can void out all the coincidences.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 111 (1,213 Views)