Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aug 30 2013
By: darkan12-nl Survivor 1630 posts

DISCONTINUATION OF PUBLISHING NEW CONTENT FOR JAPAN AND ASIAN COUNTRIES AND REGIONS

560 replies 2308 views Edited Aug 30, 2013

PLAYSTATION®HOME
DISCONTINUATION OF PUBLISHING NEW CONTENT
FOR JAPAN AND ASIAN COUNTRIES AND REGIONS
SCEA and SCEE will continue to fully support their PlayStation Communities

Tokyo, August 30, 2013–Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (SCEI) today announced that PlayStation®Home in Sony Computer Entertainment Japan Asia (SCEJA) will cease publishing new content after September 2013 for Japan and March 2014 for Asian countries and regions.

PlayStation®Home in Sony Computer Entertainment America and Sony Computer Entertainment Europe will continue to fully support their vibrant PlayStation®Home communities with full weekly publishes, new public spaces, virtual items, and platform features.

SCEI would like to thank our respective communities for many years of dedicated participation inside of PlayStation®Home and look forward to their continued involvement.

http://scei.co.jp/corporate/release/130830_e.html

photo l_1ac92e40c72f428cb2c1ab1d6c3930c5-1-1.jpg
Message 1 of 561 (2,308 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Re: DISCONTINUATION OF PUBLISHING NEW CONTENT FOR JAPAN AND ASIAN COUNTRIES AND REGIONS

Aug 30, 2013
Oh my god...
New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 2 of 561 (2,295 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Re: DISCONTINUATION OF PUBLISHING NEW CONTENT FOR JAPAN AND ASIAN COUNTRIES AND REGIONS

Aug 30, 2013

I'm shocked..

And saddened by this news.

Message 3 of 561 (2,261 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1014 posts

Aug 30, 2013

What the hell is the meaning of this and why was this decided ?

No one reply, this question is for an SCE offical to answer only.

Message 4 of 561 (2,232 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2739 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 30, 2013
Does this mean 3rd party content like Granzella won't be added to Japan, or just that Sony will no longer produce content for Japan?

Either way, it's not good news and can only worry how long it will be before the same happens here and in Europe.
Message 5 of 561 (2,229 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
811 posts

Aug 30, 2013

Seems this is another step going in the wrong direction for Home and eventually won't see it coming to PS4 and end it's service in a year or 2.

Message 6 of 561 (2,207 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Aug 30, 2013
^ I asked myself that same question, but since it isn't exactly specified, I think they mean all content updates will be halted for those regions completely, whether third party or first party.

It really isn't good news. The weekly content updates have become the oxygen for the service. You take away that and....yeah...

Also I might I add, "SCEA and SCEE will continue to fully support their PlayStation Communities" doesn't mean exactly what it says. I see it as "We'll let them decide to tell you when content updates stop rather than break the news to you ourselves"
New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 7 of 561 (2,199 Views)
VP of Gaming
25923 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 30, 2013

Over the years I've met Home users from Japan who said that they prefer being here rather than Japan. I've also seen people post how wonderful the content for Japan Home was, but they also saw less users.

So this news makes sense.

I wouldn't be surprised if we had a very minor population explosion.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 8 of 561 (2,182 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
154 posts

Aug 30, 2013
This so bad why don't Sony talk to us u never see mods on home it bad I have reported to houses of palment in London and to watchdog
Message 9 of 561 (2,174 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1014 posts

Aug 30, 2013

Oh great, there goes the servers.

Conrad_Max wrote:

Over the years I've met Home users from Japan who said that they prefer being here rather than Japan. I've also seen people post how wonderful the content for Japan Home was, but they also saw less users.

So it makes sense.

I wouldn't be surprised if we had a very minor population explosion.

Message 10 of 561 (2,167 Views)
0 Likes