Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
5116 posts

Re: DEAR GRANZELLA AND SCEAJ...

Jun 4, 2013

ANGRY_MAD_Gamer wrote:
It seems people on this blasted forums really don't care about sharing content with other regions. This is really sad. Shows how weak minded consumers are nowadays. And most of these consumers are teenagers that just follow whatever their friends do and say. this is SAD

Considering I spend a majority of my time and $$ on JP Home, no, I don't care about sharing content. I enjoy the exclusivity of content.

I guarantee the majority of money spent on Home isn't coming from teens either. The real Ballers probably only make up 30% of the user base.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 51 (376 Views)
Wastelander
504 posts

Jun 4, 2013

CMC is right the first being about exclusivity of content i think it's sad and very childish to get mad at GZ for one it's not up to them to bring out the event but your own NA home team to ok it seems your pointing your finger at the wrong ppl and 2 geting mad at SCEJ Tara for not giveing  clothing items and Oshaberi Farm to NA jeez and this is why i feel some ppl in NA have no clue how good they got it you guys have so much more then JPN ever will are you mad at EU home to for not giveing you everything they got? be happy with what your ver has and have fun

photo moka_zps43a8e4a6.jpghttp://playstationhome.jp
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 51 (359 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4834 posts

Jun 4, 2013

ANGRY_MAD_Gamer wrote:
It seems people on this blasted forums really don't care about sharing content with other regions. This is really sad. Shows how weak minded consumers are nowadays. And most of these consumers are teenagers that just follow whatever their friends do and say. this is SAD

Ehh. The problem is that this has been discussed over and over and over and over and over, again and again.

Other than that, good thread, but I'm sure you will get the same answers we've seen time and time again, and again.  :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 51 (339 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1441 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 4, 2013

One more post and I'm done here. Only posting cause I have nothing better to do before I leave for the day.

Ok, hazu, you ever hear the expression "quality over quantity"? NA has a LOT of stuff, sure. But most of it is all GARBAGE, like NML, Uproar, and trashy clothes.

JP mall items, games and rewards are of far better quality even if there is less of it. And myself and most people I know take quality over quantity any day. What's the point of having 1000 items available if I only want 5?

The only thing NA has better then JP at this point is Acorn Medows park (which still isn't even CLOSE to being as good as Oshaberi) and some other new VEEMEE stuff like Mythical Creatures, Juggernaut, and weirdest of all Konami, I don't understand Konami not having a JP Home presence.

I can't have "fun" in NA Home as there is nothing "fun" to do. Oshaberi Farm would keep me busy for MONTHS, but I cannot and will not do it in Japanese since I cannot read it, and it just becomes annoying to do there. Also I can't buy upgrades because I don't know how/when to use them.

I will also not be "thankful" for the trash pumped out each week in NA. I bought more yen this month, but I shouldn't have to. There's no excuse for NA to not have JP stuff, and there's no excuse for JP to not have NA stuff.

Both NA and JP are being treated unfairly, you seem to be (selectively? ) missing the parts where I say that.

But as I said, once FFXIV comes out, none of this antiquated regional exclusivity nonsense matters anymore. FFXIV will even have worldwide events such as Boys Day. 

In your face, Playstation Home. And PSN as a whole for that matter. Sick of JP PSN store getting TONS PS1 and PS2 classics that also had a NA release, while NA gets literal garbage like "Dora the Explorer" and random games no one has heard of.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 51 (333 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4131 posts

Jun 4, 2013

Tarazuma wrote:

You know in the case of Granzella, it's SCEA's horribly named "quality assurance" right? Same reason why NDreams, Digital Leisure, and other devs have stuff delayed here out of their control.

In the case of SCEJ...I agree. I think it's stupid that they refuse to release their clothing items and Oshaberi Farm here. But SCEA Home originals also aren't in JP. I think both regions just need to open up and finally release things to each other.

It will never happen though, and is just another reason why Playstation Home is doomed. But I don't care anymore. FFXIV is my ticket off this sinking ship. I envision it like the end of Jurassic Park, where I'm escaping in a helicopter looking down as the "primitive life" takes over the park.

And indeed, the regional delays and regional exclusives are one of the most primitive, archaic things still kicking around in modern gaming. Unlike the dinosaurs, this ancient, stupid practice DESERVES to become extinct.

One of the best things about FFXIV is there are no regional delays or exclusives. All regions get the same content updates, at the same time. I'd suggest checking it out if you're into fantasy MMOs. It's going to be the first REAL MMO on PS3, and has extensive customization, and will even have marriage and housing later :smileyhappy:

While I doubt I'll ever use FFXIV or any virtual world, and thus my trip off this island will be my last, I agree with your assessment.  It is a sad state of affairs and astonishing that even Sony could ruin the potential of what Home could have been.  Unfortunately, Sony continues to show they do not understand how to run a social network, and that likely wont change anytime soon without new leadership.  

First and foremost, they drastically need to improve their customer relations, and place a higher value on what their customers and the marketplace is saying.  Until then, nothing is really going to change.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 51 (328 Views)
Survivor
2249 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 4, 2013

Granzella is a Japanese company! Why would we in NA be entitled to ANY of it? Be glad that you get what you get from them....when you get it. Here is a better question to ask yourself imo: why isn't there an NA-based Home developer that is as good at using the resources that the platform allows and as committed to their work in Home as Granzella is?

http://www.yourpshome.net/f2/
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 51 (324 Views)
Gaming Beast
1441 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 4, 2013

Sorry, I know I said no more posts, but in reading D-nitrate's post I happened to catch Hopper's and couldn't help but respond. This is my last one, I promise!

"Granzella is a Japanese company! Why would we in NA be entitled to ANY of it? "

It makes me laugh whenever people say things like this. Some people said the same thing about Peakvox labs and ninja, and how they should remain JP exclusives.

The answer is MONEY. MONEY MONEY MONEY. Money makes the human world go round. Granzella and Peakvox have maximized their profits by releasing in other regions. That is why we are entitled to it: because we are paying customers.

EDIT: Just remembered something else...when Granzella first started, they said they were going to be a worldwide release company!

Granzella and Peakvox are not charities that donate items to us out of the goodness of their heart, so we should not be "thankful" when things are released here. They are supporting themselves and their families running a BUSINESS, and so far have made mostly the right choices. Granzella isn't even at fault with the delays, it's SCEA's misnomered "quality assurance", but the peakvox delays are ridiculous.

It's really pitiful that people defend these archaic practices in this day and age. Regional pride and segregation on video games and virtual items has no place in the modern business world and economy.

Square Enix realizes this. They know regional exclusivity is only bad for business, and as such FFXIV will be worldwide. No regions cut off from each other, no regional exclusive content or events, and simultaneous updates for all.

Square Enix is also doing something else PS Home hardly ever does, and is listening and acting upon consumer feedback.

Playstation Home is dying...for many, many reasons, and these antiquated customs involving regional exclusives and delays are just a few of them.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 51 (286 Views)
Last Guardian
10636 posts

Jun 4, 2013

Check his Username (the guy who created this thread)

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png

QUOTE OF THE WEEK: &quotMe love sum animes!" -AL2009man 2014
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 51 (268 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10636 posts

Jun 4, 2013

Tarazuma wrote:

In your face, Playstation Home. And PSN as a whole for that matter. Sick of JP PSN store getting TONS PS1 and PS2 classics that also had a NA release, while NA gets literal garbage like "Dora the Explorer" and random games no one has heard of.

I would like to get Nick Content like Dora dora dora dora dora....DORA!

QUOTE OF THE WEEK: &quotMe love sum animes!" -AL2009man 2014
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 51 (262 Views)
Survivor
2249 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 4, 2013

Tarazuma wrote:

Sorry, I know I said no more posts, but in reading D-nitrate's post I happened to catch Hopper's and couldn't help but respond. This is my last one, I promise!

"Granzella is a Japanese company! Why would we in NA be entitled to ANY of it? "

It makes me laugh whenever people say things like this. Some people said the same thing about Peakvox labs and ninja, and how they should remain JP exclusives.

The answer is MONEY. MONEY MONEY MONEY. Money makes the human world go round. Granzella and Peakvox have maximized their profits by releasing in other regions. That is why we are entitled to it: because we are paying customers.

Granzella and Peakvox are not charities that donate items to us out of the goodness of their heart, so we should not be "thankful" when things are released here. They are supporting themselves and their families running a BUSINESS, and so far have made mostly the right choices. Granzella isn't even at fault with the delays, it's SCEA's misnomered "quality assurance", but the peakvox delays are ridiculous.

It's really pitiful that people defend these archaic practices in this day and age. Regional pride and segregation on video games and virtual items has no place in the modern business world and economy.

Square Enix realizes this. They know regional exclusivity is only bad for business, and as such FFXIV will be worldwide. No regions cut off from each other, no regional exclusive content or events, and simultaneous updates for all.

Square Enix is also doing something else PS Home hardly ever does, and is listening and acting upon consumer feedback.

Playstation Home is dying...for many, many reasons, and these antiquated customs involving regional exclusives and delays are just a few of them.

Ok then, this will be my last reply on the topic as well--there are far more important things than Home in my life. Whether or not you, or anyone else, wants Granzella to make more MONEY MONEY MONEY, they have every right as their own company to do it in the manner and time frame that they want to.....right? 

The real problem with any of this is the impatience and sense of entitlement that some people have. 

Hopefully someday, as I've said before, we will have a NA-based Home developer that can do the same quality of work and have the same committment to Home as Granzella does. Is that not possible for some reason? Maybe your energy and efforts should be directed more towards that. 

http://www.yourpshome.net/f2/
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 51 (258 Views)