Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 06/18/2011
Offline
2719 posts
 

Re: Curses-Beginning of a disturbing new trend in Home?

Nov 2, 2012
I do not understand all the fuss. Last year Sony gave us a repeat of the King Pumpkin game in Central Plaza, with 4 pumpkin rewards. I much prefer this years 20+ rewards. I think this years event is Much Better. The great rewards last year came with Lockwoods recently released Lockwood Showcase, not SCEA. I am always amazed by the amount of complaining.
Posted Image

 
Message 21 of 30 (183 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/04/2011
Offline
6276 posts
 

Re: Curses-Beginning of a disturbing new trend in Home?

Nov 2, 2012

Pandaachan wrote:

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:

KarateChampChad wrote:
If the curses were crappier than the actual rewards then this wouldn't be a problem...sadly it's vice versa :smileysad:

This.

My friend was telling me earlier, about how the tail was the best reward.

Maybe I would agree, if there were other items to go with it.

 

Plus, the female vampire teeth don't look right. The males, look just fine.

So that's a downside.

The nails will only benefit females, but not males.

 

& god, don't get me started on that paper mask.

:cattongue:


Well, atleast the paper mask isn't tied to some ugly hairstyle like most items that should be in the accessory/glasses slots. My opinion is though trying to make a Sugar Skull an eye mask is a little awkward looking. If a dev could somehow figure out how to give our avatars face paint that would've been cooler for the sugar skull. Maybe someday..

LikeaSo.

 

& I would suggest the curses as permanent items but I didn't think I would have to.. I think this is either the first or seems like the first time our avatars could wear something we couldn't keep. (In JP, there was the April Fool's Irem event where you had centaur/satyr looking avatars you couldn't keep :smileysad:) & As far as the free argument is concerned. It isn't free. Because you don't keep it. We see it as a waste of what could be a nice item(and a waste of whoever made the curses time) that I'm sure a lot of us wouldn't mind paying a 1$ or so for either. 


It's more like a tease, if you think about it?

Showing off a curse, that looks really cool. Then in the end, we get some mediocre reward. 

Message 22 of 30 (170 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 05/22/2009
Online
29200 posts
 

Re: Curses-Beginning of a disturbing new trend in Home?

Nov 2, 2012

Events not over yet. Let's hope at least a couple of the curses turn out to be companions. I'm pulling for the seeing eye one personally. :smileyhappy:

Message 23 of 30 (168 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 09/17/2011
Online
1707 posts
 

Re: Curses-Beginning of a disturbing new trend in Home?

Nov 2, 2012

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Events not over yet. Let's hope at least a couple of the curses turn out to be companions. I'm pulling for the seeing eye one personally. :smileyhappy:


I was thinking about that too,   Like a trick or treat thing and maybe we get them back as a treat after we have been tricked.

 

Message 24 of 30 (149 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 05/15/2011
Offline
398 posts
 

Re: Curses-Beginning of a disturbing new trend in Home?

Nov 2, 2012

Id rather have the Pulp Fiction style dance moves from the dance mini game at adventure...they take all that time making the dance moves and we dont even get to keep them? stupid

Message 25 of 30 (140 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 06/28/2009
Online
7542 posts
 

Re: Curses-Beginning of a disturbing new trend in Home?

[ Edited ]
Nov 2, 2012

Gogginblaze wrote:

Id rather have the Pulp Fiction style dance moves from the dance mini game at adventure...they take all that time making the dance moves and we dont even get to keep them? stupid


Lol they were kinda Pulp Fiction like. I'd want that "bat-dance" move though too.

imagesCA53UP5B.jpg

Message 26 of 30 (134 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/20/2008
Offline
8666 posts
 

Re: Curses-Beginning of a disturbing new trend in Home?

Nov 2, 2012

AceofSpades213 wrote:
I think we can't really complain since it was a free event from a free service with free prizes.

However, AZ4 says that Lockwood made the items (and I'm guessing the event too) and they seem to listen to community feedback, so I'd say bringing it up to them is definitely worth a shot.

Don't be silly you can always complain.  Just be smart about it and factor in the fact that it's a free event/items and you be you're own  judge on what you say.

 

***********************************
Folding@home Team #118000
***********************************
GAPHome

             

               General

Message 27 of 30 (124 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 07/07/2009
Online
1796 posts
 

Re: Curses-Beginning of a disturbing new trend in Home?

Nov 2, 2012

Pandaachan wrote:

Well, atleast the paper mask isn't tied to some ugly hairstyle like most items that should be in the accessory/glasses slots. My opinion is though trying to make a Sugar Skull an eye mask is a little awkward looking. If a dev could somehow figure out how to give our avatars face paint that would've been cooler for the sugar skull. Maybe someday..

LikeaSo.

 

& I would suggest the curses as permanent items but I didn't think I would have to.. I think this is either the first or seems like the first time our avatars could wear something we couldn't keep. (In JP, there was the April Fool's Irem event where you had centaur/satyr looking avatars you couldn't keep :smileysad:) & As far as the free argument is concerned. It isn't free. Because you don't keep it. We see it as a waste of what could be a nice item(and a waste of whoever made the curses time) that I'm sure a lot of us wouldn't mind paying a 1$ or so for either. 


The only other thing I can think of is the towel in the Edo space.


"Now Sid, don't you blame the movies. Movies don't create psychos. Movies make psychos more creative."
Message 28 of 30 (123 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/20/2008
Offline
8666 posts
 

Re: Curses-Beginning of a disturbing new trend in Home?

Nov 2, 2012

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Events not over yet. Let's hope at least a couple of the curses turn out to be companions. I'm pulling for the seeing eye one personally. :smileyhappy:


I think the overall point here is people want to celebrate Holloween on Holloween and not a week after.  You just look dumb walking around Home in a Holloween costume after the Holaday is over and it's not as fun.

 

***********************************
Folding@home Team #118000
***********************************
GAPHome

             

               General

Message 29 of 30 (118 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 01/09/2009
Offline
348 posts
 

Re: Curses-Beginning of a disturbing new trend in Home?

Nov 2, 2012

I want those halloween devil dance move's,Come on sony make it happen !

 photo 47_zpsafbf2c79.gif
Message 30 of 30 (98 Views)