Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 26 2007
By: Ra-Ausar I Only Post Everything 896 posts

Could this be the First Wave of Invites?

6 replies 18 views Edited Apr 26, 2007

For those who did not receive an invite yet, the closed beta runs from April - August so I'm sure this is only the first wave. SCE will most likely send out another wave of email invites or open signup on homebetatrail.com next month (May or June). It just makes since to do it in waves versus bombarding the server with 15K ppl all at once.

Like most closed beta test, servers are at a minimal of 1 or 2.  I'm sure they won't scale to multiple servers until the open beta to be able to handle the load.

Bringing all 15,000 beta trialist into Home at once I my opinion is not best practices for beta testing.

Message Edited by RaAsuar on 04-26-2007 04:01 PM
Message 1 of 7 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5980 posts

Re: Could this be the First Wave of Invites?

Apr 26, 2007
hopefully.
We are tired of waiting for god damn playstation home
Message 2 of 7 (18 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1161 posts

Apr 26, 2007
Hopefully you are right, cause it's sad that people who don't even have a PS3 got invited
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 3 of 7 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3390 posts

Apr 26, 2007

RaAsuar wrote:

For those who did not receive an invite yet, the closed beta runs from April - August so I'm sure this is only the first wave. SCE will most likely send out another wave of email invites or open signup on homebetatrail.com next month (May or June). It just makes since to do it in waves versus bombarding the server with 15K ppl all at once.

Like most closed beta test, servers are at a minimal of 1 or 2.  I'm sure they won't scale to multiple servers until the open beta to be able to handle the load.

Bringing all 15,000 beta trialist into Home at once I my opinion is not best practices for beta testing.

Message Edited by RaAsuar on 04-26-2007 04:01 PM

yeah i hope you are right, but im not sure where you are gettin this information from. Anyways, to play the devils advocate this si why the closed betta is 15k and the open jumps to 50k. so i dont think the overloaded the erver is valid...
Message 4 of 7 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
151 posts

Apr 26, 2007
we can only hope, in alot of the PC closed betas ive been in they usually do it in waves (you see anouncements for blah blah more keys been sent out) or w/e....but then agian...places like Fileplanet..once their keys are used..no more..they dont do waves..
Proud Owner of PS3 and PSP
Hail to Sony!
Currently a RLS Member (Not Gap :smileysad:)
Message 5 of 7 (18 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1017 posts

Apr 26, 2007
From my experience in Alpha and Beta testings, gaming wise, it's usually only done once through phase...meaning accepting apps only once.   Also Alphas are usually the longest and Open Beta are usually the shortest because it' susually the very last phase before the final.

Of course this isn't always the case, but it usually is from experience.

Currently Playing:
Message 6 of 7 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Rux
Treasure Hunter
5135 posts

Apr 26, 2007
It would make sense for Sony to send as many invites as they can, so they have a large pool of eligible players to choose from, but the first wave of emails was very big... I hope a second wave comes for you guys
Message 7 of 7 (18 Views)
0 Likes