Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Re: Community Theater Changes Its Name To PS Talent Theater!

Oct 29, 2013

That is a very well-deserved acknowledgement. Congratulations to Director_on_Duty and the entire PSTalent team.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Message 11 of 32 (253 Views)
PlayStation MVP
29222 posts

Oct 29, 2013

HearItWow wrote:

That is a very well-deserved acknowledgement. Congratulations to Director_on_Duty and the entire PSTalent team.

Your content is sorely missed. It was a highlight of the Community Theater. You did such a wonderful job with it. 

Message 12 of 32 (251 Views)
PlayStation Community Manager
4703 posts

Oct 29, 2013

The theater, as a whole, grew too "market-y" and a bit stale in our opinion. We've got some ideas of what to do with the content shown there to put it in the hands of people who will keep it fresh, and keep the topics relevant (or at least less "buy all our stuff, just because!").

PSTalent has continued to make fresh content that embodied the idea of "community" in Home, so it made sense to let them have a turn at the helm of the Community Theater.  Should be interesting. =D

Tempest_Fire | @strebeck
PlayStation Network Senior Community Manager
Sony Computer Entertainment America
Message 13 of 32 (238 Views)
Limit Breaker
16552 posts

Oct 29, 2013

Congrats levi and the talent group.

The CT had always been a great place for spotlighting those in the community who put a lot of work into their community. Glasswalls special project for many years. it was pretty special for a long time. If you were doing something for the CT then you were right in the middle of fostering community. You were Home.

HomeStationMagazine
Message 14 of 32 (210 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4983 posts

Oct 29, 2013

So Awesome to hear, PSTalent is well deserved this, really cool they now have their own theater to showcase all the awesome work. Congrats to DoD and the team :smileywink:

Message 15 of 32 (198 Views)
Wastelander
189 posts

Oct 29, 2013

I am delighted to be working as an Assistant Director in PSTalent.  The support and guidance we receive from Director on Duty inspires us to 'be all that we can be' as film makers.  If you have not been to the  Comunity Theater recently, I hope you will give us a try. 

Message 16 of 32 (192 Views)
Welcoming Committee
9381 posts

Oct 29, 2013
I left congratulations at the article but I shall here as well. Great going guys! That is a very special honor and you have earned it. Good luck moving ahead in the future with the Theater, I look forward to what is in store for the community :smileyhappy:
Support Forums
Message 17 of 32 (171 Views)
Last Guardian
11880 posts

Oct 29, 2013

Tempest_Fire wrote:

The theater, as a whole, grew too "market-y" and a bit stale in our opinion. We've got some ideas of what to do with the content shown there to put it in the hands of people who will keep it fresh, and keep the topics relevant (or at least less "buy all our stuff, just because!").

PSTalent has continued to make fresh content that embodied the idea of "community" in Home, so it made sense to let them have a turn at the helm of the Community Theater.  Should be interesting. =D

aka "hey, um The Community Theater never updated due to our partners not making specials and GlassWalls sudently left. so after PSTalent posting updates to the community theater why not change the name to "The PSTalent Theater"

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 18 of 32 (150 Views)
Home Developer
332 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 29, 2013

Hello Forumers!

Everyone who has ever participated in a PSTALENT production is who have made this possible; producing entertainment to entertain the community comes from a very caring place of all those involved. The time, energy and money spent on putting on a "good show" never plays a role in determining  the outcome, it's solely based on the support from the community with attendance, feedback, and thoughtful posts like this is what makes what we do so special. And Sony, let's not forget Sony… the recognition and support from Sony is what brings it all "Home".

The "Community Theater" title has always been a special name since it was pampered so much by the infamous GlassWalls. The intent to showcase community talent was and will always be the number one objective. The screens were made to feature people like you, and that is exactly what I plan on continuing.

One last thing… to make tomorrow a fun and exciting day, I invite you to attend the premiere of the “Halloween Home Film Festival” showcasing in the newly named PSTALENT Theater. It features seven short Halloween videos in the first of an annual film festival I’m producing (poster below). The evening starts at 6:00 PM Pacific (8 Central, 9 Eastern) in the theater lobby with a wild and crazy premiere party and then an hour later, moves to the theater for a screening. If you’ve never attended one of these events, there’s no better time than now. I have this funny feeling this will be the most fun ever at a PSTALENT premiere.

Thank you all very much!

~ DIRECTOR_ON_DUTY

PST-forum-banner.jpg

PST
Message 19 of 32 (125 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5296 posts

Oct 29, 2013

My favorite not because I had a part in it..lol..

sony playstation gif photo: Playstation. tumblr_m1ilz5Zv2H1qk2rgdo1_500_large.gif
Message 20 of 32 (127 Views)