Search instead for 
Do you mean 
I Only Post Everything
427 posts

Re: Communism on Home ???

[ Edited ]
May 31, 2013

Burmecian_Rat wrote:

Communism? If this were communism, the apartment would be free.

This is more like free enterprise capitalism taken to its Marx predicted extreme, where the capitalist controls everything to do with their product and thereby controls you. Restricting what you can do in a space to protect the integrity (snickers) of the Harry Potter brand is just another form of "digital rights management" (DRM), which as we know from the announcement of a certain new gaming console announced last week, keeps getting more and more restrictive since our government (for the people, by the people) has decided it's not going to bother implementing any laws to protect the consumer when it comes to digital purchases. Hence the corps and capitalists have free reign to do whatever they want.

So yeah, this case is pretty much the opposite of big government communism.

I agree with you.

Acually, Sony is playing the role of Lord Voldemort...in Home.

When you sit with a nice girl for two hours, you think it’s only a minute. But when you sit on a hot stove for a minute, you think it's two hours. That’s relativity.

Please use plain text.
Message 51 of 56 (137 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
29040 posts

May 31, 2013

TJMVoyager wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Those items should be clearly listed in the description of the private space. it's unfair to be selling a space like that given I would suspect that many who buy this wouldn't dream that the space would have those limitations. 

And at $6.49 it's certainly not inexpensive. 

Whats the point of having a space that you cannot be social in? I thought the whole purpose is to be social? Now I am looking for hittler standing in the street looking for Harry Potter, LOL, So much for the so called SOCIAL MEDIA...
Whats next? SIGH

There is a thread here in Support that I would certainly let my feelings be known. 

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home-Support/Issues-A-House-in-Hogsmeade-Personal...

Please use plain text.
Message 52 of 56 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
8912 posts

May 31, 2013
Disabling chat is beyond rediculous. All other Pottermore issues in my view have had varying degrees of disappointment but thats outrageous. Whats the point?
Support Forums
Please use plain text.
Message 53 of 56 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1690 posts

May 31, 2013
It's sad developers had to have a word with Sony and limit chat features, knowing how well social behaviors on Home have deteriorated to become uncultured.
Please use plain text.
Message 54 of 56 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10554 posts

May 31, 2013

TJMVoyager wrote:

Pottermore = North Korea? Now all we need is a flag, HAHAHAHAHA.

So...

You're telling me...

The WHOLE Happy Potter Universe is North Korea? I wonder the setting. (MOSTLY set in London)

NOTE: My current laptop is currently send to the company for fixing. will be using the other laptop in the meantime, don't expect me to post that much this month.

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png

QUOTE OF THE WEEK: &quotMe love sum animes!" -AL2009man 2014
Please use plain text.
Message 55 of 56 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4110 posts

May 31, 2013

ptmacey wrote:
confirmed in this other apartment related thread that the chat is broken http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home/Hogsmeade-House-personal-apartment/td-p/4049...

Unfortunately it appears the chat is not broken, but that it was designed not to allow any chat - or so says the official Digital Platforms Support staff:

Joystick_Warrior wrote:

Hey guys. As a note, this space is currently as designed. I believe the description of the space reflects this. This is all the info I have on this right now. If you have questions let me know and I'll see if I can ask them.

Curiously, the description of the space did not mention any of the restrictions:

Screen shot 2013-05-29 at 12.25.04 PM.png

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Please use plain text.
Message 56 of 56 (64 Views)
0 Likes