Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Welcoming Committee
3434 posts

Re: Communism on Home ???

May 30, 2013

Im not surprised that this space has limitations, but it should be disclosed in the discription that it does.  How else would you know that this is the case?  I can see them setting limitations on public spaces, but when you buy a space it should be yours to decorate and dress as you want.  Refunds to the people who bought this space should be in order.

Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 56 (282 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1397 posts

May 30, 2013
Looks like this one may be a pass for me. I've not really explored the related spaces because I didn't like the way I looked in the clothes it put me in when I did visit. I'm willing to try and give the space a chance but I didnt take to it right away.
Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 56 (259 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3322 posts

[ Edited ]
May 31, 2013

Well I can add this space to the top ten "rip-off's" in Home History, up with Konami;s SuperJet :/

photo tumblr_ltj7u6nyrU1qetp61o1_500_zpse82365c3.gif
http://auroraterra.deviantart.com/
Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 56 (237 Views)
Gaming Beast
2000 posts

May 30, 2013
Yeah, and the place doesn't even work.

You have to jump through hoops to get to the spaces that should be easy. I understand them wanting to connect the Pottermore site with Home, but I guess this exclusivity comes with a price.

Huge fan of Pottermore, becoming less of one of Pottermore in Home.

SUBSCRIBE: InWorldPix

WATCH:  Homeboy's How To

FOLLOW:  @InWorldPix

Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 56 (230 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2000 posts

May 30, 2013

Conrad_Max wrote:

It's probably in the contract and it'svery likely the only way Pottermore can be a part of Home. Sort of like when Disney forced Marvel Comics to put pants on Howard the Duck many, many years ago. With or without pants, Howard was just as fun to read as before. 

I don't mind it when publishers do this once in a while. It helps with the illusion and immersion. Just as long as we aren't forced to do so in every personal or public space.

Just once in a while. I can live with that and still enjoy the spaces and Home.

I can apprectiate cutting off some of the features for full immersion, but chat? That's just absurd. 

SUBSCRIBE: InWorldPix

WATCH:  Homeboy's How To

FOLLOW:  @InWorldPix

Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 56 (225 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4010 posts

May 30, 2013

Okay, just to clarify... The OP stated:

I just bought the Pottermore apartment on Home . i can only wear their clothes there , i can only use their furniture there , i CAN'T talk to my guests there , not by texting not by microphone . this has to be THE biggest rip-off on Home EVER !!! 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

While madouda has stated:

You can't use group chat Only local chat.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So, which is it? Can you only use local text chat in the space, or can you not talk AT ALL? Just trying to decide HOW MUCH I hate this idea. Can someone confirm this one way or the other ( that already has the place, of course. I wouldn't want anyone else to buy it in it's current state.)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 56 (213 Views)
PlayStation MVP
5125 posts

May 30, 2013

Danger_Dad wrote:

:^/ Does anyone have an image of the space? I'm curious what it looks like, now.

There's a video tour up of the space.

Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 56 (202 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
165 posts

May 30, 2013
What a shame, it looks really nice. The drawbacks just aren't worth it though.
Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 56 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1546 posts

May 30, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Those items should be clearly listed in the description of the private space. it's unfair to be selling a space like that given I would suspect that many who buy this wouldn't dream that the space would have those limitations. 

And at $6.49 it's certainly not inexpensive. 

Whats the point of having a space that you cannot be social in? I thought the whole purpose is to be social? Now I am looking for hittler standing in the street looking for Harry Potter, LOL, So much for the so called SOCIAL MEDIA...
Whats next? SIGH
Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 56 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1546 posts

May 30, 2013

So the space is pretty small to justiy spending 6.49, and as Joanna said, it's wrong to sell something that you are limited, so what are you getting for 6.49 again?

How can you call it Home, when it dont feel much like Home and you can't do anything, and you are FORCED, oh excuse me ummmmm cough, when they are so called selling Potter stuff. Hmmmmmm.

We all gotta dress the same, Hmmmmm....

Can we say CONTROL, oh excuse me, legal control.

6.49, I'd rather buy a useful space then to be controlled.

Pottermore = North Korea? Now all we need is a flag, HAHAHAHAHA.

Please use plain text.
Message 50 of 56 (178 Views)
0 Likes