Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Uncharted Territory
1329 posts

Re: Clarification of Gender Identity (Yes, this is PSH-Related!)

Feb 24, 2013

This is off-topic, but I always wanted to know this...

Lol, how come transgendered men/women only desire relationships with cisgendered men/women?

Doesn't that make transgendered people prejudiced to themselves?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"Do you remember what today is , Jack?"
Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 129 (287 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
158 posts

Feb 24, 2013
I've known plenty of trans people that have relationships with other trans people.

Illumin-x, perhaps you are correct and I have assumed wrongly about many of those who have replied in this thread. However, there are certainly people in PSH specifically who walk around interrogating people about their physical gender. I have been subjected to it, and I have seen many others who are as well. My post here was simply to address this issue.
www.tiny.cc/signforhome

-------

If you are part of the 99%, you are automatically a part of the Occupy movement.
Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 129 (279 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1329 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 24, 2013

CathedralDream wrote:
I've known plenty of trans people that have relationships with other trans people.

Illumin-x, perhaps you are correct and I have assumed wrongly about many of those who have replied in this thread. However, there are certainly people in PSH specifically who walk around interrogating people about their physical gender. I have been subjected to it, and I have seen many others who are as well. My post here was simply to address this issue.

I dont even see why there needs to be an interrogation or investigation at all.

Just assume everyone on Home is a man until they are able to prove it.

If they cant prove it or dont want to, then they are men.

Besides, it shouldnt matter anyway.. "Home isnt a dating service" or whatever is the saying around here..

Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 129 (276 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3241 posts

Feb 24, 2013

CathedralDream wrote:

Ok so assuming you're engaged in a conversation with someone in Home and at some point in the conversation the person asks, "are you male or female because its so hard to tell". I can understand it might make you uncomfortable disclosing this to a complete stranger, but would you find it offensive simply because the person wanted to know how to address you in the future ?

I'm sure each of us here knows or has met someone who gender bends (at least clothing wise) and for the most part Home isn't eHarmony. But there are those open to online relationships. So is it wrong for wanting to know whom you're dealing with beforehand ?

I think your assertion that people are specifically "interrogating" others, as to the true nature of their gender is a rather broad canvas to paint. But perhaps I could be wrong.

Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 129 (258 Views)
Survivor
1691 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 24, 2013
That's cool an all, but I am not calling someone a "cisgender" and neither do I find it appropriate to be labeled that. All of us are homeo sapiens. However, That doesn't make it appropriate, nor acceptable to go around and addressing everyone as such.

There are commonly established social norms in every society. To focus your energy on forcing others to live by a politically correct ideology (which this is), in disregard and belittlement of society's social norms, is, in my opinion, wrong.

If people ask what your gender actually is on Home, it may or may not be warranted, given the situation. Some could be trolls. Some could just be curious as to whom they are talking to behind the screen. You need to just accept that, rather than sanctimonously lecturing them on the defintion of "gender". You're asking others to be fair, but you aren't showing any fairness to others.
Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 129 (249 Views)
PlayStation MVP
2764 posts

Feb 24, 2013

CathedralDream's ContinuedDenial:

Danger_Dad TrollingToolshed:

You must be having a good laugh behind your computer screen as you sit there thinking that I'm goanna flash my bewbs to you to help you understand that I have them.  That's a cute trick, but it's just not goanna work.  

I am completely astonished and disgusted by so many of you here, the majority of which are more irritated with the idea or possibility of a man wanting to present and transition in ways commonly labeled or associated with "female" or "feminine" ideals.  

I'm also saddened by the fact that so little of you have presented any actual debate or issue with any of my original points whatsoever.  The only thing I have received is interrogation, speculation about my anatomy/genitalia, and personal attacks, all of which have nothing to do with this conversation.  

Yes TrollingToolshed, my entire thesis IS based on how one's self-identity of gender ENTIRELY trumps the physical traits, birth anatomy, or chromosome layout of an individual.  I have, of course, noticed that most of Home and the world disagrees with that, as has every transgendered person in the world.  My post here was to seek to show the world, specifically the world of Home, how this is an old idea based on irritational thoughts of discrimination for no reasons except personal threat.  For example, one man sees another man displaying more "feminine traits", whatever HE determines those to be, and as a result sees fit to feel personally threatened as a man, as though all men SHOULD act as he acts, and if they don't they are taking away from HIS legitimacy of being a man.  This is dangerous, and it is entirely abhorrent.  The bigger issue here, however, is what any person feeling personally offended regarding the issue of gender and others gender identity typically chooses to do with that information.

I appreciate everyone's time and feedback about about this topic, including those who feel the need to troll.  No sorry, I'm not going to show you my bewbs.

:^/ Firstly, the name-calling is uncalled for, and not appropriate for the forum. I invite you to stop that.

Here's the inconsistancy I perceive in your presentation: In one point, you suggest that one's sexual identity should be the one he identifies with, and not the one he was born into. That's a fair suggestion, and it may even be correct.

In another paragraph, quoted below:

That being said, another thing that should be highlighted is the basic difference between anatomy, and gender identity.  There are a growing number of people who have accepted the reality of the human race that anatomy and gender identity are two very different things, and one does not necessarily define the other.  Often times, people generally misunderstand that a gender role, such as "girls wear dresses" or "only guys like to work construction jobs" or "watching Rachel Ray is for girls", actually has nothing to do with anatomy, and is thus an illusion based on preconceived notions of our culture and media programming

-you put forth the notion that we should divorce the concepts of sexual identity from various behaviors or tastes, such as playing with dolls, etc. This point also is valid, and may be correct.

:^/ However, you can't have both, because these are contradictory positions. If one's sexual identity is defined by anatomy, then tastes and preferences don't matter. Or, if sexual identity shouldn't be defined by anatomy, then preferences and behavior are all that remains to go by. If anatomy doesn't count, we go by self-identity, but if behavior and tastes don't count either, there is nothing for one's self-identity to identify with. Your two arguments combined take both definitions away from the terms "male" and "female." You've left the words with nothing to mean.

That's the trouble with your thesis. You propose to "clarify" gender identiy by erasing all existing definitions and leaving none save each individual's arbitrary declaration, which is downright silly.

Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 129 (211 Views)
Splicer
64 posts

Feb 24, 2013

Just a general addition to the thread. Not replying to anyone's post in particular.

Just the same as you can have a person believe you are one gender or the other- not saying as much or factually knowing what gender a person leaves a mental 'It's possible...'.  I don't like either of the female or male extremes in how I converse and am more than happy relinquishing the good parts of either gender to maintain the ambiguity.

General statement before reading.

I did not screenshot the conversation. I had the following conversation a number of weeks ago and have no proof. Also there's always the fact (human error in the way of memory) that I could relay what I remember of it incorrectly at times. This being said:

In a conversation with someone I had met a few days prior- they confronted me about an aspect in my profile (Used for other purposes)  which more or less causes them to question what gender I am or am not. Going to attempt to paraphrase the conversation best I can.

Inariya> I go by neither/both for various reasons. I use multiple avatars and I'm not trying to dupe anyone. it is completely understandable if you are unable to be a 'friend' because of any reason relating to how I go by my gender online.

Person> It's not a hard question. Just tell me if you're male or female.

Inariya> I already gave you my answer and it doesn't work for the vast majority. I treat everyone the same way with the same answer. It's ok- we can go our sepearate ways.

Person> I am not everyone else. Tell me.

Inariya> So you're special/an exception then?

Person> I'm not special.

Inariya> Ah.

I continued to tell them it was ok and understandable if they didn't want to talk to me without changing my answer as they continued to get angrier. Eventually I gave up trying to be courtious, wished them the best, and headed offline.

Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 129 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2329 posts

Feb 24, 2013

No thanks.  I'll just continue to call any female avatar an asterik*, mangina, tranny, or catfish lol.

photo 4f9f1065-23b3-4875-a40d-e36af3b1f802.jpg
#I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for what I'm not
Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 129 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1329 posts

Feb 24, 2013

Inariya wrote:

Just a general addition to the thread. Not replying to anyone's post in particular.

Just the same as you can have a person believe you are one gender or the other- not saying as much or factually knowing what gender a person leaves a mental 'It's possible...'.  I don't like either of the female or male extremes in how I converse and am more than happy relinquishing the good parts of either gender to maintain the ambiguity.

General statement before reading.

I did not screenshot the conversation. I had the following conversation a number of weeks ago and have no proof. Also there's always the fact (human error in the way of memory) that I could relay what I remember of it incorrectly at times. This being said:

In a conversation with someone I had met a few days prior- they confronted me about an aspect in my profile (Used for other purposes)  which more or less causes them to question what gender I am or am not. Going to attempt to paraphrase the conversation best I can.

Inariya> I go by neither/both for various reasons. I use multiple avatars and I'm not trying to dupe anyone. it is completely understandable if you are unable to be a 'friend' because of any reason relating to how I go by my gender online.

Person> It's not a hard question. Just tell me if you're male or female.

Inariya> I already gave you my answer and it doesn't work for the vast majority. I treat everyone the same way with the same answer. It's ok- we can go our sepearate ways.

Person> I am not everyone else. Tell me.

Inariya> So you're special/an exception then?

Person> I'm not special.

Inariya> Ah.

I continued to tell them it was ok and understandable if they didn't want to talk to me without changing my answer as they continued to get angrier. Eventually I gave up trying to be courtious, wished them the best, and headed offline.

obvioulsly, a man..

Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 129 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1739 posts

Feb 24, 2013

I think you all are thinking too much into things... 

I mean do you even realize you have a Thread that is...

Like what? 5 Pages long, on a Topic about what? 

Transgender in HOME? Really? @_@ 

-----------------------

On another Note... If a guy portreyed themself to be a Girl, & wanted to express that in HOME... 

Then why would they make an Ugly avvi up of a Girl, & start embarasing, or at least disrupting Game Play for an Actual Real Girl who is just trying to have a good time, & doesn't want to be Bothered by them at all... 

I really do not think those kind of People are using HOME with Respect... & I seriously doub't they are thinking anything related to themself & Transgenders... 

There is a difference between Expressing who you are, & faking it on HOME, and actually making a Character that you like, 

& think would be cool to have... They are totally different things...

----------------------- 

I dunno about anyone else, but some Games you aren't given a choice of Male or Female... 

I just think of HOME as a Game, & thus like to make characters from Games I like for HOME... 

It don't matter if it's a Female or a Male, I use them both, so what... At least i'm not going around posing as if i'm the wrong Gender... 

At least i'm not faking who I really am, or Ruining HOME for others, creating Disrespect for the Comminity... 

I make sure people know... So there are no problems later... 

And so far, i've not had anyone have a problem with that being on my friends list... 

-----------------------

Just remember, the only way to show your above someone else is to show your Respect, & 

if you make an Avvi of the Opposite Gender, whats the worst that can happen? Someone says No? 

What ever happened to just being ourselves, living the life? Now everything is just about Disrespect & being Rude...

It may be in your nature to Doom Civilization, but it sure won't be in mine...

So that is all I have to say... Again, 5 Pages in a Thread about Transgender? Really? @_@

Hey, Yo, Waaaaazzzzuuupp!!! .................................................................................................................

Playstation 4
Too much Networking, & Socializing, but yet not enough Gaming... ~_~
Not My Style!!!

Get Your Portable ID!
Please use plain text.
Message 50 of 129 (135 Views)
0 Likes