Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
1994 posts

Re: Charcoal Champ Discussion

Jul 6, 2013

smokingpistol wrote:
Whats the next major holiday? Anything big coming soon in the States? Nothing too big in Canada I can remember worth celebrating before Halloween :smileysad:
From what I've seen the next big holidays on their way would be either Thanksgiving for Canada (October 14th) or Halloween. There doesn't appear to be to much for the U.S.

I'm doubtful they would add anything to the "charcoal champ" game just for our Thanksgiving holiday either but I may be wrong.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 101 of 115 (282 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5767 posts

Jul 6, 2013

LegoFire wrote:

smokingpistol wrote:
I wonder what/when the next two packs of challenges will be released
The next challenge will be released come the next major holiday we have I'm assuming.

Why would there have to be a Holiday for an update? I think it was coincidence (and appropriate) that the game released with the Pier Park update.

However, Grilling is more associated with summer. Labor Day is September 2nd, which is still summer.

Columbus Day is October 14th, but that's fall.

Idk, I grill year round so who knows. ....the clue is in the silhouettes if you can figure them out.

Message 102 of 115 (274 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1266 posts

Jul 6, 2013

Still wonder if 5-10 is was a fluke. I did manage 1565 though without the upgrades, but gold star on that one is too much of a challenge.

Perish_Song
Message 103 of 115 (260 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
222 posts

Jul 6, 2013

Im stuck on 5-3 any help would be appreciated. I served as much meat as i could but the time would not allow me to get 1500 points in

a minute.

Message 104 of 115 (246 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1994 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 7, 2013

jjmcg28 wrote:

Im stuck on 5-3 any help would be appreciated. I served as much meat as i could but the time would not allow me to get 1500 points in

a minute.

In 5-3 just throw as much food on the grill as possible (try to avoid ribs since they take long to cook) cook everything to well done and be sure to season everything, also remember you have one special sauce in your season menu for that level so be sure to use it.

Keep that up and you should pass the level easily.
Message 105 of 115 (222 Views)
Lombax Warrior
222 posts

Jul 7, 2013

Thanks Lego.

Message 106 of 115 (209 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1994 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 7, 2013

jjmcg28 wrote:

Thanks Lego.

Always my pleasure.
Message 107 of 115 (195 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4944 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 7, 2013

Here are some tips...some of them have been mentioned already, but since we're on page 11 now, they're probably worth repeating:

• You *will* need to earn at least a silver star on every level to unlock future rewards (CMC). There are more stages that haven't been unlocked and sillhouettes of the mystery rewards that should unlock with them later.
  • The red zone is hottest and blue zone is coolest, with yellow being the middle temperature. 
  • Hot dogs cook fastest, then burgers and chicken, then steak...ribs take the longest to cook. Point values follow the same concept; hot dogs are worth the least points, ribs are worth the most.
  • Make sure to rotate certain items to make the best use of available cooking space. 
  • On time challenges where you have similar items (e.g. all burgers), fill the grill all at once, placing the 1st 2 burgers in the red zone, 3rd and 4th in the yellow zone, 5th and 6th burgers in the blue zone. That way, they can all cook at once, but they won't finish at the same time and you won't get flustered. They will finish cooking in that order too: red, yellow, blue.
  • *Sometimes* it helps if you move the remaining items to the incrementally hotter zones as you go: when you serve red, move yellow to red, blue to yellow and put a new batch on blue.
  • Ribs should be rotated 1 to the left, 1 to the right and stacked together (usually over the red zone because they cook slowest) like yin & yang or Pepsi logo.
  • Same with steaks, but 1 right side up and 1 upside down.
  • In challenges where there are hot dogs/chicken and burgers, leave the hot dogs and chicken vertical on the top rows and put the burgers on the bottom. In challenges where there are all hot dogs and/or chicken, keep some vertical on the top rows and rotate some horizontally to fill in the bottom rows.
  • Always try to cook items perfectly to earn more BBQ sauce, and use that sauce to earn more points.
  • If you have time and need more points, add every condiment you can. Salt and pepper everything, BBQ sauce every item (1 at a time for free play) as you take it off the grill. Add ketchup & mustard to every hot dog and burger; add cheese to every burger.  
  • Special seasoning works for everything on the grill at once. If you get a free special seasoning, fill your grill with whatever is cumulatively worth the most points.
  • Lighter fluid also works for everything on the grill all at once. Use this for the slowest-cooking pieces of meat, like ribs and steaks.
  • This should go without saying, but if there are orders to fill on the top right, follow them!
  • On 4-8, cook the burgers first and ribs last since the first several orders will be cheeseburgers and ribs will be the last order. 

Message 108 of 115 (180 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5767 posts

Jul 7, 2013

StephieRawks wrote:

You *will* need to earn at least a silver star on every level to unlock future rewards (CMC). There are more stages that haven't been unlocked and sillhouettes of the mystery rewards that should unlock with them later.

Where did you get this information?

From the Game: Earn a SILVER on every stage to unlock SMOKIN REWARDS.

There's no mention of any future rewards or requirements.

Also, the silhouettes are pics of whatever event it might be, not of the rewards themselves.

Message 109 of 115 (170 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4944 posts

Jul 7, 2013

CMCSAVAGE wrote:

StephieRawks wrote:

You *will* need to earn at least a silver star on every level to unlock future rewards (CMC). There are more stages that haven't been unlocked and sillhouettes of the mystery rewards that should unlock with them later.

Where did you get this information?

From the Game: Earn a SILVER on every stage to unlock SMOKIN REWARDS.

There's no mention of any future rewards or requirements.

Also, the silhouettes are pics of whatever event it might be, not of the rewards themselves.

1. As you quoted...the game itself says you have to earn silver stars. 
  2. I got the current rewards just for completing the levels, before earning silver stars on every level, so they're obviously not the ones the game was referring to.
  3. When you scroll to the right on the menu page, there's a whole other page of stages that haven't been unlocked yet.

I could be wrong about the sillhouettes being the silver star rewards instead of the events themselves, but the rest indicates that there is more to be unlocked later and that we'll need silver stars to unlock it.

Message 110 of 115 (161 Views)