Ghost of Sparta
7073 posts

Re: Calling tech support to file a complaint about HOME

[ Edited ]
Nov 9, 2012

rramsdell, a certain ABYSMAL troll was the only who bashed you sir. And yes, we get it...no zero...I think you're stuck on that. Others have made good points yet you can't see past the zero.

Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 69 (181 Views)
Fender Bender
2934 posts

Nov 9, 2012

I'm going to do more than echo maylana here. Joystick_Warrior is tirelessly on the job helping everyone who has any problem with Home. Not only that he has expanded to all the support forums. Take a look at his post history that's all the proof you need. So your not alone. This nonsense we don't have Home support is just not true and very unfair to JW. If you want to bang your head against your wall. Trying to get the untrained ignorant of Home CSR team to fix your problems be my guest...

AlphaZone4.com | Home Item Database
Map
Map

Schlachlen-Haus fünf ................................

Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 69 (175 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Nov 9, 2012

myalana wrote:

rramsdell, a certain ABYSMAL troll was the only who bashed you sir.

yes and it was uncalled for, instead of reporting it I sent it a PM   I was just letting others know, some don't know that you can hit ZERO after voice commands you have to wait.

Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 69 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4099 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 9, 2012

strider367 wrote:

I'm going to do more than echo maylana here. Joystick_Warrior is tirelessly on the job helping everyone who has any problem with Home. Not only that he has expanded to all the support forums. Take a look at his post history that's all the proof you need. So your not alone. This nonsense we don't have Home support is just not true and very unfair to JW. If you want to bang your head against your wall. Trying to get the untrained ignorant of Home CSR team to fix your problems be my guest...

I'm sorry, the fact that JW responds to some, but most certainly not even close to all the issues reported in the support forum is in no way an excuse for not having more support.  Not only that, but if you really took an objective look at the history of issues as reported in the support forum you would CLEARLY see, even JW has not replied to countless reports, and many are only responded with the generic, "clear cache" "reinstall Home" and the infamous "we are looking into it" And often never any follow up beyond that.

I don't blame JW, as clearly they are making an effort, but the simple fact that for a company as large as Sony supporting a service that is the core of the PSN with what they claim has millions of users, to have only one tech support for SCEA is absolutely unforgivable, and suggesting otherwise is shameless.

I've been and continue to be a very big supporter of Home as I happily recognize all of its charms and its potential, but at the same time it has numerous problems, and suggesting that tech support isn't one of them is simply wrong.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 69 (152 Views)
Fender Bender
2948 posts

Nov 9, 2012

even if we did have a home support over the phone, how much could they really do?   usually all the issues are fixed with relogging and/or clearing cache and when that doesnt fix it its normally a server side issue in which all that can happen is that we report what is happening and it gets sent through the pipes to the people that can fix it.   this is pretty much the exact thing that happens on the forums.  someone gets on and says such and such isnt working, atleast one person gets on says the CTRL/ALT/DELETE of home and when that doesnt work someone (probably the same person) either tells the OP to send a message to JW or sends it themselves.  all a phone center would do at this point would just suck up money to pay people to say something that most home forum goers already know instead of paying more techs to actually fix the errors like they should be

BEWARE OF THE SPEEDING WHITE SAUSAGE!!!!!
mercia comic here --> http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home-General/duty-to-the-spirit-mercia-comic/m-p/37428903/thread-id/1089731/highlight/false
Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 69 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2934 posts

Nov 9, 2012

To be frank there are some issues he can't do anything about. If you think J_W is in Home management your wrong. Most of those issues are Home management responsibility and he's not even allowed to answer them most of the time. Then you have issues that already being looked into. But the OP(s) just didn't see them. So you know J_W is always running around consolidating threads. To say J_W is not doing a good job is just being disingenuous...

Map
Map

Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 69 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
256 posts

Nov 9, 2012

myalana wrote:

In all fairness, I do think Joystick_Warrior does try over in Support, but he's merely an intermediary and can only do so much...

I very much agree with this sentiment. JW has helped me before as well. The problem is that when there is a helpful individual who is trying to be stellar in a system where there seems to be a culture of not having any sense of urgency concerning the customer's concerns or problems, there is a tendency for everyone to flock and overwhelm that person. When that happens the individual eventually falls in line with the culture, burns out, or disappears altogether.

My Father used to say "you become the average of the 5 people with whom you spend most of your time..." I hope JW is able to lead others to have the same desire to help when it's needed rather than the more plausible outcome of JW eventually moving on if he can't...

Bottom line: there needs to be a change of culture concerning HOME support or it won't improve. One person cannot, and will not, make it work.

Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 69 (135 Views)
Fender Bender
2934 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 9, 2012

Thank you Scoop :smileyhappy: I was just going to ask for people to chime in and tell everyone here. What J_W has done for them. J_W has helped me several times that's why I will always support him here. The go to support guy that needs support strange right?

Map
Map

Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 69 (114 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
7073 posts

Nov 9, 2012

Scoop1942 wrote:

myalana wrote:

In all fairness, I do think Joystick_Warrior does try over in Support, but he's merely an intermediary and can only do so much...

I very much agree with this sentiment. JW has helped me before as well. The problem is that when there is a helpful individual who is trying to be stellar in a system where there seems to be a culture of not having any sense of urgency concerning the customer's concerns or problems, there is a tendency for everyone to flock and overwhelm that person. When that happens the individual eventually falls in line with the culture, burns out, or disappears altogether.

My Father used to say "you become the average of the 5 people with whom you spend most of your time..." I hope JW is able to lead others to have the same desire to help when it's needed rather than the more plausible outcome of JW eventually moving on if he can't...

Bottom line: there needs to be a change of culture concerning HOME support or it won't improve. One person cannot, and will not, make it work.

There's much to be said for the communication level at least in support. I agree...it seems ridiculous that we have but one person assigned to that very important department. At times you can almost see the frustration of dealing with issues that Sony will not speak about. I'd hate to be in J_W's position but appreciate what he does in his role.

Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 69 (110 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4099 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 10, 2012

strider367 wrote:

To be frank there are some issues he can't do anything about. If you think J_W is in Home management your wrong. Most of those issues are Home management responsibility and he's not even allowed to answer them most of the time. Then you have issues that already being looked into. But the OP(s) just didn't see them. So you know J_W is always running around consolidating threads. To say J_W is not doing a good job is just being disingenuous...

And no body said that, and he may very well be doing a bad job after all, but to say that you would have to know what exactly his responsibilities are and what he is allowed to say and do.  

What is being said and is most certainly not disingenuous is that the tech support for Home is terribly insufficient, and the support forum is riddled with proof of this, as are the countless outstanding issues that continue to plague Home for which no meaningful response has ever been given, even weeks, months, and in some cases years after initially being reported.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Please use plain text.
Message 50 of 69 (107 Views)