Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 06 2014
By: Enistachia PlayStation MVP 1055 posts

[CONTEST ~ WIN PS+] (November) Adventures on PlayStation Home

[ Edited ]
241 replies 3880 views Edited 4 weeks ago

Enistachia’s Adventures on PlayStation Home started in 2011but the image posting didn’t really take off until 2013.  Here are the archives from Sept-Dec.  The 2014 series is well underway with new additional commentary; you may view them here if you wish to do so.

November Contest

Example Entry

Example

Green w/ Envy ~ “Some colours get all the Limelight ... Yes, I’m talking to you Pink!!” – Other En

The Contest

This is a Photo Capture and Caption Contest with a theme of “R. G. B. P. P. Y.”  Colours!! In this theme I am looking for your own take on your favourite colour.  Show me how you “strut your stuff” in your favourite colour.  Or do you dot your den with aesthetically pleasing hues?  However you display it; I wanna see it.

You can dress in your colour, stand in a space surrounded by your colour, dress your friends in your colour and have them surround you.  Because you know you’re fabulous!!  This theme may be titled Red, Green, Blue, Purple, Pink, Yellow, but you can pick any colour you want.

The requirements for the Photo Capture are as follows

• One (1) photo submission per post and no photos sets allowed.
  • User must be fully clothed/loaded and in frame.
  • User must pick one noticeable colour to feature in the photo this can be achieved in a personal space or public space.
  • User must attempt to match hair colour to chosen them colour.

The requirements for the Photo Caption are as follows

• Caption must be at least one but at most two full sentences and in the body of the post text.
  • Users must have a short title for the scene, example; Ooo Colours ~ “And this is my witty caption.” – Nammistachia
  • Grammar will not but judged, but the caption must make sense to the scene in the photo, selected photos with captions my undergo some non-intrusive editing if the need be.

Winner

The winners will be evaluated by meeting the above requirements for capture and caption and PlayStation Forum “Likes” will be tallied up and weighed against the submitted image.

The Prize

• Only one winner going forward with this contest/event; the winning entry will receive a 3 Month PlayStation Plus voucher code and a featured spot on Enistachia’s Adventures on PlayStation Home Novemberès photo set (will launch in the first week of December).
  • All participants will receive a mention in the closing PlayStation forum thread.

The Deadline

• Saturday November 29th
  • Check the Announcements Thread bellow for a direct link to the opening thread.

Good Luck Everyone!!  :heart:

Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC is not responsible for this promotion.

Message 1 of 242 (3,880 Views)
PlayStation MVP
1055 posts

Announcements Thread

[ Edited ]
Nov 23, 2014

Announcements Thread

July - Winner has been posted!

August - Winner has been posted!

September - Winner has been posted!

October - Winner has been posted!

November - Contest is now open.

December - Theme Pending

Message 2 of 242 (3,777 Views)
Wastelander
479 posts

Re: [EVENT/CONTEST] Adventures on PlayStation Home Capture/Caption Contest

Jul 7, 2014
How do u connect your ps3 to Media Center?
Message 3 of 242 (3,727 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1055 posts

Jul 7, 2014

LadyJaws wrote:

Sometimes its automatic when you have the PS3 plugged into the router along with your PC.  An Icon with the Windows Media Center logo with the name of the connected PC shows up under the specific locations in the XBM.  I also believe you need to activate the feature in the PS3 setting.  It was all too complicated for me and I was only successful once with Windows 7 but upon updating my PC I have found the USB method much more efficient.

Message 4 of 242 (3,704 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3274 posts

Jul 7, 2014

Enistachia wrote:

LadyJaws wrote:

Sometimes its automatic when you have the PS3 plugged into the router along with your PC.  An Icon with the Windows Media Center logo with the name of the connected PC shows up under the specific locations in the XBM.  I also believe you need to activate the feature in the PS3 setting.  It was all too complicated for me and I was only successful once with Windows 7 but upon updating my PC I have found the USB method much more efficient.

You can either go through your Windows 7 Media Player or download an App. Both your PC and PS3 have to be configured though. I just googled it. There were several tutorials.

I'm going to do a little bit more research myself though before giving it a try.:womanhappy:

=+=Irresponsible kids are raised by irresponsible parents who were once irresponsible kids themselves.The vicious cycle continues.=+=
Message 5 of 242 (3,687 Views)
Wastelander
511 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 9, 2014

Well. This is disappointing. Couldn't scrounge up anyone to pose with me. However, I can't stand wasting an hour of prep, so here's my submission--even if it doesn't win:

Caption: Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil (only Good didn't get the E-vite).

EDIT: Re-uploaded pic so it doesn't look so stretched

Club: Nachtmere
Message 6 of 242 (3,639 Views)
Uncharted Territory
965 posts

x

[ Edited ]
last month

Message 7 of 242 (3,613 Views)
PlayStation MVP
1055 posts

Jul 8, 2014

Awsome guys!!  Thank you all for the helpful tips on connecting the PS3 to the Media Server.   I am aslo very happy to see some posts already.  "Likes" on images can help make thoses images missing criteria have a winning chance.

-Enistachia

Message 8 of 242 (3,597 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
349 posts

Adventures on PlayStation Home Capture/Caption Contest

Jul 9, 2014

Three Years Strong: A life changing moment took place July 7, 2011 as Adam_Bell, an old man in suit and tie dancing to Listen@Home in Central Plaza, caught the eye of May2099. We celebrate the special day two people never having met before put trust in one another in a virtual world of their making with fine friends and new adventures. :heart:

May2099 Adam_Bell 3yrs 7_7_2014.jpg

May2099 PiXeLUX.jpg

The original image (below) was taken with the Juggernaut Observer

without PSH watermark and has been cropped for final use.

Observer Screenshot 9_59 7_7_2014.jpg

Message 9 of 242 (3,538 Views)
PlayStation MVP
1055 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 10, 2014

I am very excited to see some submissions already!  We have a tonne of time for this so feel free to post as many times as you like and promote your image if you want via social media!!

Also I NEED to see those watermarks, whatever the graphic, I am not sure what other watermarks are around Home, I know of Granzella the the PlayStationHOME watermark, but anyway, I must see those on the entry images.

Feel free to update you photo thorugh the edit feature on your thread or just submit another image.  Its a point based system in the judgement process using the criteria and forum likes.  I have changed the first rule of Two or More into One or More as it may seem to be challenging to get others to join you.  Just know the more users in the image equals a higher score at the end.

Don't forget to keep the watermarks!!

Message 10 of 242 (3,444 Views)