Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 17 2009
By: primordialmeme First Son 22 posts

Buzz space quiz categories need more user control.

6 replies 2 views Edited Jul 17, 2009

It would be a great feature if we could choose what type of buzz game to compete in like you can on the website with the five categories: brainiac, lifestyle, music, sports, tv/movies... and then add "everything" category for people that don't care. Even an easy, medium and hard filter would be a huge improvement.

We need some matching feature because right now the game is flooded by really dumb quizzes (people choose what they think is the easiest) and topics that strictly appeal to the 12 and younger crowd i.e. Disney, Harry Potter, punk rawk, and Jonas Brothers and the crowd flocks to these mind numbing categories everytime.

When good categories come up rarely will the crowd go there. The only solution is to let people have some control over the type of quizzes they want to play. I hope this feature is added soon.

Message Edited by primordialmeme on 07-17-2009 02:10 PM
Message 1 of 7 (2 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
265 posts

Re: Buzz space quiz categories need more user control.

Jul 17, 2009
i know what u mean.   im so tired of the crowds picking simpsons or disney topics.   but, what can u do
Message 2 of 7 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
358 posts

Jul 18, 2009

I agree.

They should give us rating options that also allow us to identify the difficulty of the quizes.  Some of us don't want to play "Are you smarter than a 5th Grader?".  When we jumped into the Buzz Space we could decide the difficulty of trivia we wanted to tackle.

IF you do this, DON'T just say how difficult is this quiz on a scale of 1-10.   Make the scale something more meaningful for the middle rankings so that it isn't a bad thing and so it doesn't become inconsequential; something like "Grad School / University / High School / Middle School / Elementary / Pre-School".

LiquidJ

Message 3 of 7 (2 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1084 posts

Jul 18, 2009
I'm sick of the easy subjects all the time.  I don't mind a few but come on!  Let's test our brains a few times.

Message 4 of 7 (2 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
6124 posts

Jul 18, 2009

Again people messing up a good thing,,, whats the saddest part, theres always a few people that can't even answer the simple questions they picked!

Message Edited by LiLBlueEyes on 07-18-2009 12:10 PM
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 5 of 7 (2 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

Jul 23, 2009
I think a few people will always pick the wrong answer for kicks. But everyone else shouldn't have to suffer for horribly repetitive, easy, and highly generic topics. There has to be some type of filtering.
Message 6 of 7 (2 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
27 posts

Jul 23, 2009

OP makes a great suggestion. Being able to pick between easy, medium and hard is a good idea.

Who are you people who pick the Kindergarten - 1st grade math category? Show yourselves! What is the fun in answering 2+3=5? And I apologize for my blasphemy here but I hate this entire category group over and over again: Family Guy, Simpsons, South Park,and Futurama. But that's probably just me.

Message Edited by Xenoxerxes on 07-22-2009 11:25 PM
Message Edited by Xenoxerxes on 07-22-2009 11:25 PM
Message 7 of 7 (2 Views)
0 Likes