Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
28 posts

Re: Bought PS3 because of Home... no invite :-(

Apr 30, 2007
Our newcomer experience with the product is precisely why we'd be a good candidate... a good beta offers to invite ALL types of individuals. This helps ensure a good variety of response... unless the closed beta is just a bone tossed to long time users and the input received during the beta is irrelevant.
Message 11 of 34 (7 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1198 posts

Apr 30, 2007

cliffp wrote:
Our newcomer experience with the product is precisely why we'd be a good candidate... a good beta offers to invite ALL types of individuals. This helps ensure a good variety of response... unless the closed beta is just a bone tossed to long time users and the input received during the beta is irrelevant.

Agreed and I do think that there were some folks that got an invite that are "noobs" for lack af a better term.

Though if the majority are/were folks who have been long time PSU Members or Playstation product owners, Sony may be wanting to make sure it's a hit with them first and foremost. You know, keep the loyal fanbase happy. Then in August get some new users, like you, the ones that may be buying a PS3 because of Home and get their feedback. Who knows. . . just a thought.
PSN ID: Lachoy
Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com

99% of teens put something stupid like this in their sigs. If your part of the 1% who don't, use this in your sig.
Message 12 of 34 (7 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
28 posts

Apr 30, 2007
Actually, "new" user or not... it's not like using the PS3 is rocket science... I've got a dozen games, I dual boot into Ubuntu Linux, I've written my own version of a Red Kawa style media server for the PS3 and I've got dozens of work units completed in Folding@Home... even though I'm a "new" PS3 user, I'm a very "experienced" user as well.

Oh well... I just hope the invited beta testers give Home a really good workout...

Message 13 of 34 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
23949 posts

Apr 30, 2007

Ballagh wrote:
you have only been here a month and just got your PS3.  no offense but why would you get invited to it?

Because that information doesn't matter? As long as you're a registered PS3 user and a member of the Playstation Underground then you were eligible.
- DoubleOSpoon
Message 14 of 34 (7 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1198 posts

Apr 30, 2007

cliffp wrote:
Actually, "new" user or not... it's not like using the PS3 is rocket science... I've got a dozen games, I dual boot into Ubuntu Linux, I've written my own version of a Red Kawa style media server for the PS3 and I've got dozens of work units completed in Folding@Home... even though I'm a "new" PS3 user, I'm a very "experienced" user as well.

Oh well... I just hope the invited beta testers give Home a really good workout...

Look, nobody from Sony reads this so throwing around annoying buzzwords, catch-phrases and "aren't I so smart, great and wonderful" statements, isn't going to help your cause. It's over and done with. I was trying to give you a reason why Sony may be trying to go after "loyal"(not experienced as it has nothing to do with it) Playstation users and not "noobs".

Of course, it's all conjecture as no one really knows who got invites, how many were sent out and how long they've been members. 
PSN ID: Lachoy
Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com

99% of teens put something stupid like this in their sigs. If your part of the 1% who don't, use this in your sig.
Message 15 of 34 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
53 posts

Apr 30, 2007
OOOOOOO everyone in the thread just got powned by the new guy..That is 1 for the new guy 0 for the old guys
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 16 of 34 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
283 posts

Apr 30, 2007
Even though I got a chance to get in. If I don't, I promise not to make a thread like this.
Message 17 of 34 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
920 posts

Apr 30, 2007
Umm, you are gonna get home.  In October.  So what's the problem?
banner
Message 18 of 34 (7 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
28 posts

Apr 30, 2007
154 days or 13.3 million seconds until October 1st, 2007... that's the problem.
Message 19 of 34 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6879 posts

Apr 30, 2007
agreed
Photobucket
Message 20 of 34 (7 Views)
0 Likes