Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 13 2014
By: ZhoaSniper Splicer 76 posts

Book Herder challenge

[ Edited ]
7 replies 227 views Edited Apr 13, 2014

Please get rid of this challenge!!

I had a true noob  that screwed with me this morning and only went after the spells! And, would walk every where I went. I was able to do it, but this challenge isn't healthy at all!!

Gives you nothing but head aches!!

Message 1 of 8 (227 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
3674 posts

Re: Book Herder challenge

[ Edited ]
Apr 13, 2014

Whats with all your threads complaining?  If your having issues with the challenges not working (as Conrad would say) please direct them to the support section.  This is the 4th installment of PS Home challenges and by now it has set a reasonable expectation of the problems we will encounter when trying to complete the challenges.

Over stress of the servers causes lags and games failing to work as they should.  Its like a Kmart/Walmart/Target at 5 am on Black Friday CHAOS!  If we want to complete the challenges we just have to be patient or depending on the task you can also ask friends to help complete some, like the Win the Duel challenge and if its too much trouble do like I do and skip the darn thing.  Tomorrow they'll be new ones and you have still plenty of days to complete and get your rainy day Harbor.  You should be having fun and by the sound of it your not, especially if its bad for your health :smileywink:

Quod dignum sit facere, dignum est farcere bene
#Live the game
Message 2 of 8 (192 Views)
Fender Bender
1378 posts

Apr 13, 2014

I have also been having problems with the challenges, but hence the name "challenges". It would not be very challenging if they were all really easy to complete and if I might say, also really boring to do.

I have had people go after all of the spells in the book herding, while I was trying really hard to herd my books into the cage, but really, is that not what the spells are for?

I finally got a friend to help me with the book herding as TSU suggested and it really helped.

I am finding this series of challenges, at least for me, have been the most challenging so far. 

I guess when I finally complete the series and get that nighttime Harbour space, I will feel that I had really earned it!

ZhoaSniper, don't let anyone get you down when you are doing any challenges.

Follow TSU's advice and do them with a friend, you'll probably have more fun and less stress when completing them and don't be afraid to ask a stranger for help either.

I have asked many times "would someone be kind enough to play with me so that I can complete this challenge?" and I usually have someone step up to the plate and help me out. :smileyhappy:

If we took just five minutes, to recognize each others beauty, instead of attacking each other for our differences .............
Ellen Page
Message 3 of 8 (170 Views)
Welcoming Committee
9318 posts

Apr 13, 2014
To each their own. When I play this game I am that guy that goes after spells. It's part of the game strategy. Remembering the spells and what they do can help you to remember which are good to use in the moment and which you can just avoid to keep collecting books. You dont complete this challenge if youre in second place so get out there and WIN. dagnabbit ^_^
Support Forums
Message 4 of 8 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
608 posts

Apr 13, 2014

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

Whats with all your threads complaining?  If your having issues with the challenges not working (as Conrad would say) please direct them to the support section.  This is the 4th installment of PS Home challenges and by now it has set a reasonable expectation of the problems we will encounter when trying to complete the challenges.

Over stress of the servers causes lags and games failing to work as they should.  Its like a Kmart/Walmart/Target at 5 am on Black Friday CHAOS!  If we want to complete the challenges we just have to be patient or depending on the task you can also ask friends to help complete some, like the Win the Duel challenge and if its too much trouble do like I do and skip the darn thing.  Tomorrow they'll be new ones and you have still plenty of days to complete and get your rainy day Harbor.  You should be having fun and by the sound of it your not, especially if its bad for your health :smileywink:

I totally agree. If you find a challenge to hard or it's not loading properly or whatever the reason, then just skip it. There is lots of time given to finish challenges. I always seem to be done way before the deadline, so this time i'm going to take my time. I'm not going to rush to finish it  but instead enjoy the challenges that I like. If I can't do them on any given day then I'll do them next time. :smileyhappy:

Message 5 of 8 (154 Views)
Survivor
1840 posts

Apr 14, 2014

I had this issue once. Felt like someone was just preventing me herd my book to help a friend or idk.

But as Tsu said. If you don't like a challenge, just skip it. There's more than enough time to complete it.

co-founder
The Black Hat Squad/Black Hat Squadron/Novus Black Hats
Novus international elite force
Black Hats website
Black Hats on Facebook
Message 6 of 8 (120 Views)
VP of Gaming
25950 posts

Apr 14, 2014

ZhoaSniper wrote:

I was able to do it, but this challenge isn't healthy at all!!

Would you say that the challenge was challenging? Isn't that what it's about?

If there is a technical issue, do report it in the proper place. But if it's about playing style and skill, we'll just have to learn or try something else.

We don't have to do every challenge. I've skipped a few myself. And we do have more than enough time to get all of the points we need to level up.

As for Book Herding, I rarely use the spells unless one happens to be between me, a book and a cage. Running for a spell is time taken away from herding the books. I generally let the other people waste that time using spells. I just concentrate on herding the books and winning.

Head 'em up! Move 'em out!

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 7 of 8 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2740 posts

Apr 14, 2014
I actually enjoy this challenge, it's one of my favorite ones, so i like it when it's one of the challenges as it gives me people to play against. That doesn't mean I try to block anyone from winning it, once I get my win to complete the challenge I move on or help others if anyone is asking, but I enjoy the game.
Message 8 of 8 (95 Views)