Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aug 10 2012
By: Jason1802128 PlayStation MVP 1725 posts

Bon Festival event is coming to North America and Europe for PlayStation®Home around October.

42 replies 866 views Edited Aug 10, 2012

Not sure if anyone noticed this but I just saw this on Granzella's Facebook page. 

[ New Event Information_SCEE, SCEA ]
Granzella is happy to announce the Bon Festival event is coming to North America and Europe for PlayStation®Home around October. The Bon Festival is a traditional Japanese celebration honoring the spirits of ancestors. Dancing is a big part of the Bon Festival. A festive tower decorated in glowing lanterns is danced around to traditional songs. Visit the Great Edo of Nippon lounge during the festival and experience Edo transformed for this popular Japanese tradition.

jason 1 8 0 2 1 2 8 signature
Message 1 of 43 (866 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Re: Bon Festival event is coming to North America and Europe for PlayStation®Home around October.

Aug 10, 2012

Great news!!

Thanks for posting this.

:catvery-happy:

Message 2 of 43 (856 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
29219 posts

Re: Bon Festival event is coming to North America and Europe for PlayStation®Home around October.

Aug 10, 2012

Wow that is awesome! 

Message 3 of 43 (841 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1725 posts

Aug 10, 2012

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Wow that is awesome! 

I agree!  I hope all the items from the current festival in JP is avilable when it comes to NA.  I really like that green Jimbei lol

Message 4 of 43 (834 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4421 posts

Aug 10, 2012
Thats really good news! 😃 Somebody tell them to bring GAW monster fishing with them too while they are at it. 😜
Message 5 of 43 (807 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1725 posts

Aug 10, 2012

stevev363 wrote:
Thats really good news! 😃 Somebody tell them to bring GAW monster fishing with them too while they are at it. 😜

Oddly enough someone did ask that on their Facebook page.  Here is the question as well as their response:

•  Thank you! I missed the old Bon Festival space. Any chance the fishing game will be coming over soon too? I know Granzella is not the developer of that game but I recall it being linked up with Great Edo when I visited Home in Japan.
  • Great Edo of Nippon, a PlayStation Home Lounge by Granzella Inc. Thank you for your inquiry. 
    At this moment, we have no plan to create a fishing game, however, requests and suggestions like this are very helpful.
    We hope you enjoy our special limited event, "Granzella Bon Festival Dance".
Message 6 of 43 (799 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
391 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 10, 2012

stevev363 wrote:

GAW is done by a completely seperate company. They are able to do some colaboration between events because they can contact between them and SCEJ easily being in the same country.

The only problem with this event coming is that there will be only 1 reward (need to use GZ ticket, so it's actually a paid reward), unless they add the stuff like the smaller version figures for the shooting gallery and the trading with the old lady, although the old lady stuff probably won't come until they update the Defend Edo game.

Message 7 of 43 (790 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1173 posts

Aug 10, 2012

Cool, the japanese culture spaces are usually pretty nice.

Message 8 of 43 (768 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3670 posts

Aug 10, 2012
Awesome to hear. I was hoping we'd get this. Thank you for posting.
Message 9 of 43 (754 Views)
Fender Bender
3994 posts

Aug 11, 2012

Thats Great news, I am glad Granzella is sharing the Japanese culture with the rest of the PSH world. 

Message 10 of 43 (709 Views)
0 Likes