Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fender Bender
4458 posts

Re: Board games? Poker in HOME?

Jun 7, 2007

TheN1Armyguy wrote:
They don't just have board games, they have games like bowling and pool, although I would like to play chess.

It's coming soon.
I personally love Chess, but I have to say they should have picked a bit more exciting game instead of Chess. I think it will make HOME even more boring.
RED-DOG

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 61 of 64 (1 View)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
123 posts

Jun 8, 2007
This High Stakes on the Vegas Strip Poker game has got me thinking... if there was a free version of poker available on PlayStation Home, then would anybody buy another poker game?  I think if Sony develops some game available for free with PlayStation Home, they'll effectivlty eliminate any competition from a developer that was hoping to sell a retail version of the game.

Picture this: one of the free items you can give your Home avatar might be a gun.  Home becomes part social networking tool and part FPS.  If their FPS game is really good, then who would buy a $60 FPS when every PS3 owner has Home for free?  Alternatively if Home's FPS is poor quality, then the gaming community would shake their heads and think "Sony could've done better."

In this light, I could see why Home would allow us to play games like chess and bowling as these games hardly appeal to a mass audience of console gamers.  As long as Texas Hold'em can be sold on Blu-Ray for $40 or $60 or whatever, we won't be seeing poker on Home.
PSN: Man-Bear-Pig
The beatings will continue until morale improves.
Please use plain text.
Message 62 of 64 (1 View)
0 Likes
Wastelander
801 posts

Jun 8, 2007
Make Home like the "Gold Saucer" in FF7.
Or if thats too much to ask, Texas Hold-em would be nice.

Please use plain text.
Message 63 of 64 (1 View)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
234 posts

Jun 8, 2007
Poker, Blackjack, Chess, Uno, Monopoly, all that stuff would be fresh to see in home, I can't wait till it comes out in fall for everyone to check out.
Please use plain text.
Message 64 of 64 (1 View)
0 Likes